It appears they have changed the name of the map to "Der Eisendrache" . Should clear up translation ?s

It is still confusing. Does it now mean "The Iron Dragon" or "The Ice Dragon" because I have seen two contradicting things and I can't tell anymore. I'm sure its Iron Dragon but the map is set in a snowy place so I am not sure.

Also its a castle. Castle, dragons. Goes hand in hand. Following the mythological creatures path giant, dragon. Kite isn't gonna be its name, a rocket doesn't resemble a kite. Speaking of rockets...

The rocket isn't the dragon. Their are too many rockets. If it were Der Eisendrachen still then I guess it could have been. But not anymore. I think that their is literally gonna be a big metal iron dragon flying in the sky. Its been one of my dream bosses for a while. Saying that, I think @Hells Warrrior was really onto something looking at that story and their might be more unforeseen links we can uncover about it.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, PINNAZ said:

@steviewonder87 Think of earlier times. The story is going backwards in time. Just look at what people thought & called the first plane or a meteor etc. If Iron Kite did refer to a rocket, it's a great play on words.

Even metaphorically, and taking into consideration the historical context, a dragon would be far more appropriate representation of a rocket than a kite, not to mention 'The Iron/Ice Dragon/s' sounds infinitely more badass than the 'Iron Kite' - which would be, by quite some distance, the shittest name for a Treyarch zombie map ever, in my opinion. Occam's razor people; the most obvious and logical answer is usually the correct one.

The fact they changed it to Der Eisendrache is a clear indication they realized they fucked up & quickly corrected themselves.

There's one castle, multiple rockets, so it's obvious the Iron Dragon is the alias for the castle we're playing in, not the rockets.

9 minutes ago, Slade said:

The fact they changed it to Der Eisendrache is a clear indication they realized they fucked up & quickly corrected themselves.

There's one castle, multiple rockets, so it's obvious the Iron Dragon is the alias for the castle we're playing in, not the rockets.

It might not be the castle at all though. Its definitely not the rockets but at the same time that doesn't mean its the building.

2 minutes ago, Hells Warrrior said:

As promised,after checking with colleagues/friends - the email I received back (company sensitive info removed). I believe the name is the alias for the castle but also due to the rockets imho.

Google "Space X V2 Rocket"

I don't think it is. I looked up that rocket and its modern, also doesn't look anything like the ones in map.

• Tech Admin
1 minute ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

I don't think it is. I looked up that rocket and its modern, also doesn't look anything like the ones in map.

Of course it's modern, it's from the Space X  race, it's not that it's modern it's the name "V2 Dragon". Could simply be coincidence but a rocket, space, V2 and dragon, that's some coincidence :confounded:

Just now, Hells Warrrior said:

Of course it's modern, it's from the Space X  race, it's not that it's modern it's the name "V2 Dragon". Could simply be coincidence but a rocket, space, V2 and dragon, that's some coincidence :confounded:

I'm not really sure. Dragon seems like it could be any rockets name. Not sure where the V2 part is relevant at all but this seems very coincidental.

• Tech Admin

No they aren't linked in any way other than the version.

The space x rocket being called V2 dragon, rockets have been referred to as dragons in the past. It's my opinion that whilst Treyarch prepared the story that they looked for inspiration, that being space (moon), rocket (V2) and in this map the rocket being called Dragon that reaches the moon.

The iron dragon in my opinion is referring to the V2 base (the castle) because it houses the rockets that Richtofen uses.

• 3 months later...
On 12/15/2015 at 5:18 PM, The Clay Bird said:

Google translate translates "der eisendrache" as "The Ice Dragon" actually.  Which seems like it also would make sense??   The Iron Dragon would be Das Eisendrachen .   Any native german speakers care to weigh in?

"Eis" means ice in German yes, but google translate is incorrect. (Because that's a first) "Eisen" actually means Iron, so the actual translation is "The Iron Dragon."