It appears they have changed the name of the map to "Der Eisendrache" . Should clear up translation ?s

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks everybody who couldn't translate it properly and kept saying it was kite. The names fine and all, but Eisendrachen sounds cooler than Eisendrache.

Wait a minute. Three rockets now. Well their sohuld be four, one has launched.

Edited by Nightmare Voyager
22 minutes ago, Westy said:

I wonder if those launch pads and surrounding areas are open to players to explore. If so, I think a deep snow mechanic might be used like mud on origins. Or they could just be part of the backdrop.

We could get areas of thick blizzard conditions and ice denizens between the silos and castle. :smiley:

21 minutes ago, Cheesegrater28 said:

We could get areas of thick blizzard conditions and ice denizens between the silos and castle. :smiley:

Oh no... We are not having Denizens back. They were a mistake in Tranzit, not matter how much they improved I do not want to see their bug eyed faces again.

This isn't the first time Treyarch has typo'd the map name like this. At this point I have to speculate that it may be intentional on Treyarch's part.

During BO1 the final DLC named Rezurrection, had a poster where Der Riese misspelled as Der Reise

CODBODLC4_large.jpg

Some have said the Der Reise would translate to "The Travel".  However I've been pointed out that "The Travel" would be grammatically correct as Die Reise (not Der).

I see there's a lot of history repeating itself in new ways within BO3

- Mix

Very strange that they changed the Map name & also added more Rockets. 

There is a large mountain that is visible on the left hand side now too. (Ice Caves?)

@Lenne What do both Map titles translate to?

@MixMasterNut The first ever mention in CoD Zombies of Der Riese was spelt incorrectly too. 

Note found in Shi No Numa ~

Die Glock (spelt wrong aswell)

Der Reise

DieGlockDerReise_zps29ca50bb.png

12 hours ago, The Clay Bird said:

Google translate translates "der eisendrache" as "The Ice Dragon" actually.  Which seems like it also would make sense??   The Iron Dragon would be Das Eisendrachen .   Any native german speakers care to weigh in?

Unsurprisingly, Google Translate is shit.

Eisen means iron. Drache is the german word for dragon. Since Drache is masculine, the correct spelling is der Drache. Or der Eisendrache.

13 hours ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Thanks everybody who couldn't translate it properly and kept saying it was kite. The names fine and all, but Eisendrachen sounds cooler than Eisendrache.

Wait a minute. Three rockets now. Well their sohuld be four, one has launched.

They translated it correctly. Der Drachen = the kite. So der Eisendrachen would be the iron kite.

If it was Die Eisendrachen then it would've said the iron dragons. 

• Tech Admin

Speaklng with my boss who is native Bavarian and stems from Bad Riechenhall - Der Eisendrachen & Der Eisendrache translates to The Iron Dragon - but both could also mean kite.I have spoken with colleagues in Salzburg, Vienna and Ulbelbach and they all say it could be either but if it associated with a castle it is most definitely referring to a dragon, you have to take it within the context that it is being used and with it being associated to castle, they say that with high probability it refers to dragon and not kite.

@Hells Warrrior

That's because Drachen is also plural for dragons. So depending on which article you use, and the function of the word in the sentence, the word's meaning changes. Generally speaking, in most cases, when the Dragon is the subject:

Die Drachen = The Dragons

Der Drachen = A kite

However, Der Drachen could also mean the Dragons when it's in the genitiv form. So if you wanted to say: the wrath of the iron dragons, it would be der Zort der Eisendrachen. 

So when people see Der Eisendrachen, they'll either think that Treyarch messed up the article, or that they're actually referring to a iron kite.

@Slade @Hells Warrrior

I can understand Treyarch using "Der Eisendrachen" as a play on both terms - The Iron Dragon & Iron Kite (depending on the genitiv form).

I can see Treyarch using this word to describe both things -

• Kite = Rocket
  • Dragon  = Rocket

But why would they change it?

Is it just a misprint like Nikolai's name was in the Origins Trailer or a clarification?

The actual image I thought was changed too, but comparing both, the first one's edges were just cut off. You can see in the original that the Rockets 'Boom Gantry" has fallen. Aswell as there seems to be a Pyramid between the two castle towers which I didn't notice in the first pic. But both promo images are the same.

Are people honestly thinking that the map could be called 'The Iron Kite'? Lol. Just to be clear, we are talking about the children's toy that you fly in the air with a bit of string and usually has some kind of colourful motif on it? Because that sounds totally logical, a kite made of iron; I couldn't think of a more perfect aerodynamic material to use for a kite than a heavy metal. And the name for a castle no less, I mean, when I think of castles that's the first thing that pops into my head, not something completely random and unrelated like a dragon, or maybe it should be called the 'Iron Frisbee' instead?

Or are we just discussing Treyarch's grammatical error here rather than actually proposing that it might legitimately be called something so ludicrous?

• Tech Admin

Well, I've now spoken to 2 German's and 4 Austrians and I'm awaiting an email back from her husband but all of them are pretty certain it means Dragon.

Think about it logically, the rocket is a weapon of destruction and as it is a rocket is has fire from the bottom to propel it forward, a kite flies in the air and is harmless a dragon is animal of destruction.