Medals Are Returning

Hells Warrrior

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • Tech Admin

Just a little update, we are now into the release candidate stage of the application for medals. So maybe within a week or two we will have a full release. As it stands at the moment we have a couple of minor bugs which have just been reported.

• Database wise we have two awards systems, it will automatically upgrade the original Awards system before we upgraded to the next awards system (which had auto awards). We only need it to update the last awards system we used.
  • Image wise, it is not reading the full path when processing the upgrade and images are not showing.

The new awards system is pretty powerful, it works with another application we have installed called rules - this is a background system but it works on the premise of

• "if" the member has posted in introductions, check if they have medal, check if 1st post in topic, if yes, award introduction medal.
  • If member donated, check if in donors group, if no award donors medal.
  • If member has 500, 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000 posts etc. award medal 

A lot of self automation is available with these two system but some will require manual intervention but we can work with awards and achievements and separate these two within the same application.

Not long to go now.

• Tech Admin
2 hours ago, NaBrZHunter said:

@Hells Warrrior these went away shortly after I joined, so I only had introduction. Should I request any I've qualified for, or will it eventually auto-populate (those based on site stats?)

We will be auto awarding as many as we can but those will be site based awards, we can't auto award game ones unfortunately.

Thanks for the offer @PHD Whopper but we have a lot of medals already and we need to review other requests for medal additions and new BOIII medals.

So... How do we make requests?

To start, ive done 88 in solo and 40 in co-op. So I don't know if that entails anything, but if it does that would be cool :D

and I've slayed with other CoDz players, so there's that. I think just putting what all the medals are in the help tab would be good

Edited by shirtlesservice

Can we revamp the medals that stat tracked for BO2 and use BO3's instead? Like instead of us having medals for what BO2 kept track of, it does it for BO3. So if you get to a certain prestige, get red hex camos on all guns. Stuff like that, it just seems defunct to have the BO2 medals now.

• Tech Admin
2 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

This is the third time I've seen medals return. :lol: And it's STILL fun to see them!

We never lost them, all the data is still present hence all medals still showing - even though it's a new system.

we just had to disable with the launch of the site back in April - our hands where tied with the Dev and he's still not in a position to release his upgrade so we went with someone who is.

• Tech Admin

We are nearing a release and opening the medals system back up again for new requests - hopefully tomorrow but most likely sometime by the end of this week. A new function has been added were you can now sort by the medals you want to display.

97f1d4310315688f81082af58c6210ee.png

Not long now, we will be relaunching exactly as it was before, with exactly the same medals and we will then look at the addition of new medals in due course.

19 hours ago, Hells Warrrior said:

We are nearing a release and opening the medals system back up again for new requests - hopefully tomorrow but most likely sometime by the end of this week. A new function has been added were you can now sort by the medals you want to display.

97f1d4310315688f81082af58c6210ee.png

Not long now, we will be relaunching exactly as it was before, with exactly the same medals and we will then look at the addition of new medals in due course.

I wouldnt exclude any, I like having this kind of stuff showing always :smiley:

Edit: Also, who was the one doing the membergroup images? I forgot already, as I said about this like 4 months ago last time? Think I did, lol

oUTum5T.png

That would be neat thing to do next :smirk: