the iron kite

Castun50

i got tired of reading the same topic so i am starting fresh

history of der castle (real talk)

The former fortification was built between 1075 and 1078 during the Imperial Investiture Controversy by the order of Archbishop Gebhard of Salzburg as a strategic bulwark atop a 155 m (509 ft) high rock. Gebhard, an ally of Pope Gregory VII and the anti-king Rudolf of Rheinfelden, had three major castles extended to secure the Salzburg archbishopric against the forces of King Henry IV: Hohenwerfen, Hohensalzburg and Petersberg Castleat Friesach in Carinthia. Nevertheless, Gebhard was expelled in 1077 and could not return to Salzburg until 1086, only to die at Hohenwerfen two years later.

so needless to say it has some history to it already. some sources say it was used as a prison and not like Alcatraz either. this one was a little more....violent. so in regards to the name i am thinking we are going to launch a rocket or the airplane for der riese formerly from our friends in MOTD. but before we leave this beautiful castle of course we have to collect something. one thing i am wondering is with maxis knowing when and where we are, does he show up in this map? could he be our giant lizard in the sky? i honestly think thats what this could be about. or maxis is helping us....  

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

The map translation is actually The Iron Dragon, I believe, so I don't think that's going to happen.  Or rather, it still could, but I don't think this is something that points to it.

As for Maxis, I'm very intrigued to hear the radios and learn more about him.  I don't think he's actually the squid in the sky, but he definitely has something odd going on about him.

17 hours ago, Tac said:

The map translation is actually The Iron Dragon, I believe, so I don't think that's going to happen.  Or rather, it still could, but I don't think this is something that points to it.

As for Maxis, I'm very intrigued to hear the radios and learn more about him.  I don't think he's actually the quid in the sky, but he definitely has something odd going on about him.

ive heard kite and dragon. but no he aint the squid. im wondering if hes maxis or brain in a jar maxis. 

On 12/10/2015 at 1:17 AM, Tac said:

As for Maxis, I'm very intrigued to hear the radios and learn more about him.  I don't think he's actually the squid in the sky, but he definitely has something odd going on about him.

One thing that might lend some credence to the "Iron Kite" theory, is I believe  @MixMasterNut on twitter I saw suggesting the "space ice" image from the moon loading screen might relate to the rocket we can see in the Der Eisendrachen screenshot from the poster.

A kite flies in the air, a rocket flies in the air.  A rocket could be an "iron kite"

It would also possibly set us up to return to the moon in future DLC as well.   So perhaps it is even a dual meaning on purpose :)

9 minutes ago, The Clay Bird said:

One thing that might lend some credence to the "Iron Kite" theory, is I believe  @MixMasterNut on twitter I saw suggesting the "space ice" image from the moon loading screen might relate to the rocket we can see in the Der Eisendrachen screenshot from the poster.

A kite flies in the air, a rocket flies in the air.  A rocket could be an "iron kite"

It would also possibly set us up to return to the moon in future DLC as well.   So perhaps it is even a dual meaning on purpose :)

that was one thought i had 2. iron dragon or iron kite would both be perfect names for a flying rocket to transport these heroes into space. im also thinking while running around this map there is gonna be a way to teleport to that ice cave much like u could do in origins but not as a mystical place but as another area. 

9 hours ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Even if it can be translated to both, there is a glaringly obvious thing. Dragon. Castle. THEY GO HAND IN HAND, IVE NEVER BEEN TO A CASTLE THAT DOESNT HAVE A DRAGON!

I've never been to a castle, but I'm moderately sure they usually have dragons. I'll go with Dragon until I hear otherwise.

• Tech Admin
On 12/11/2015 at 5:45 PM, The Clay Bird said:

People are forgetting, that a dragon also flies in the air - trust me, the references to Dragon in Salzburg are correct.

My boss is from Bad Reichenhall in Bavaria just outside Salzburg on the German/Austrian border and it is Dragon.

• 2 weeks later...