What special weapon do you want to see?

46 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Acceptance is not canon. A lot of people 'accept' the theory that the hanging man of Shi No Numa is Peter, but there isn't enough evidence to prove it. Nothing is accepted as 'canon' unless it is canon. Look up the definition. You contradict yourself. 

I think its Peter and I think Richtofen staged his death. But thats mostly because he has one arm and their are quotes form Richtofen about him being Peter, which is kind of enough proof for me.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

I think its Peter and I think Richtofen staged his death. But thats mostly because he has one arm and their are quotes form Richtofen about him being Peter, which is kind of enough proof for me.

I could go with that, myself, among other options, but-no expectations-I'll send you the video I made on it 'cause it was truly a messy bunch of research. 

For Der Eisendrachen I want a weapon that is a re-skinned Flamethrower. The skin will feature a Dragon-like body while the mussel is that of a dragon's head. The Flamethrower will feature a different kind of spraying mechanic that sprays fire and fireballs into the zombie horde. The reload will feature a dramatic animation of removing the dark stomach of the dragon design and then reloading by applying a fresh bright red stomach before the dragon flaps its wings out of approval and allows you to spray once more.

The upgraded variant will feature the original Flamethrower discoloration. The bright red stomach will now be bright blue and the flames and the fireballs will now be a blue-ish color. The reload animation will always vary from the original and the upgraded version. The new version will take out the stomach and replace it but instead of the dragon just flapping its wings out of approval it will do both flapping its wings and howling a small burst of approval from its mouth. A small flame burst to let the player know that this gun is fuck-all kick-ass.

Edited by DrVonstool
13 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

I actually like the flamethrower idea. But I'd much prefer they stick to a practical, Dieselpunk design that would make sense if designed by a Nazi waffenfabrik. The mythical designs are...cheezy, just IMO. 

Wunder  Weapons are based off of Staffs you know, well as explained in the Origins diary entry the Wunder Weapon program was progressing well after their discovery, thats in the Origins universe but it would make sense for the original WWs to be based off of manuscripts and occult stuff found at the dig site when it was big in WW2. But I agree, Dieselpunk stuff like the Wunderwaffe, Blundergat (kinda) and other stuff like that is always awesome and I want more stuff like that.

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

I actually like the flamethrower idea. But I'd much prefer they stick to a practical, Dieselpunk design that would make sense if designed by a Nazi waffenfabrik. The mythical designs are...cheezy, just IMO. 

Agreed, pretty much.  Let's get back to the Wunderwafee DG-2's and away from the Apothicon Servants.

EDIT:  I would kinda like to see the Bow and Arrow.  That would be interesting.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Wunder  Weapons are based off of Staffs you know, well as explained in the Origins diary entry the Wunder Weapon program was progressing well after their discovery, thats in the Origins universe but it would make sense for the original WWs to be based off of manuscripts and occult stuff found at the dig site when it was big in WW2. But I agree, Dieselpunk stuff like the Wunderwaffe, Blundergat (kinda) and other stuff like that is always awesome and I want more stuff like that.

Well, with the Multiverse confirmed, it would seem that the WAW/BO Universe's wonder weapons weren't impacted by the staves. But I know what you're saying, and even in the Multiverse, the background of the original Maxis and Richtofen and their experience in WW1 is still uncertain. 

Even so, the Staves may have been fantastical, but they actually had a pretty balanced practical design. The same could be said for the good ol' Babymaker. It had a dragon's head for an ironsight. Tasteful mythical integration. 

The Shrink Ray "Babymaker"? A dragon iron sight? I thought it was just some type of green moss or nature-like substance that effected the weapon. Actually, I thought it was a modified Wunderwaffe. The design is pretty similar it's just that instead of using the bulbs for ammo and such, they implemented the nature-like substance. Whatever the case, I want a Wonder Weapon that has personality just like the Wunderwaffe. When you load it, it speaks to you. It responds to the amount of kills you get. It connects with the user on a personal level of approval and/or disapproval. It would be so TITS if they made a diesel-punk style Dragon Flamethrower of my description with the reload animations and such but instead of it looking like a real dragon it's a machine-like dragon. With gears and chains and all the fan-fare to make one want to blow a load all over the horde.

Alright, we want something more different while being serious and gritty. So, what about the Bow and Arrow? Call it... Ullr's Bow. It works like the one in MP that explodes upon impact but instead of the explosion it works like the Wunderwaffe. You shoot an enemy and it emits a type of reaction to the whole crowd. What type of reaction, though, would be the key thing that could make or break this weapon. Maybe, separate arrows that give off separate reactions? Allowing the player to decide which arrow to use in any sort of situation. A revive arrow, a lightning arrow, maybe a grapple arrow that attaches to a solid wall and slings the user towards the wall a la beast mode. Maybe an upgraded arrow that does something to the ilk of my fireball design. Except instead of it being a type of arrow that you aim to use, it's an activation arrow that auto-shoots into the air and lands on the heads of all the zombies in it's area of attack. It could work like killing time without the freeze mechanic but with instant results. This would allow the player to look bad ass while reviving a teammate before slinging away, back to their train position. The fireball upgrade could work like MP but look like something from Evil Dead. The scene where the Deaddites invade the Army of Darkness castle and the archers defending the castle shoot dynamite arrows. This could be a concept that could be expanded upon. Instead of just dynamite arrows, it will work like the auto-arrow I described earlier. It auto-shoots into the air and instead of landing on the heads of zombies it just starts landing on the floor exploding upon impact, clearing out any and all zombies that stand before you. The question is whether or not you would take explosive damage from this, I would recommend not. Although, what would be more interesting is an Alt. Shot concept with the Bow and Arrow. Each arrow has an Auto-Shot special that reacts differently with each arrow you use. A Revive arrow revives everyone in the area you shoot it at, the lightning arrow shoots bolts of lightning from the sky, shocking the zombies and turning them to dust even, in the area you shoot it. The grapple arrow would be a weird Alt. Shot because the Alt Shot is the grapple but the Reg Shot works like the grapple for Beast mode with zombies. Except instead of an explosion when the zombie reaches you, you instead activate an animation of you insta-knifing the zombie in the head. An ice arrow could freeze all the zombies in that area allowing you to maneuver your way to revive someone or escape. You could obviously get really wild with this concept but I would rather stick to the Revive Arrow, the Dynamite Arrow, and the Grapple Arrow. Three each with their own purpose and use to help someone, decimate the hordes, or escape.

It's all good and fun to imagine and pretend... 

• Administrators

@DrVonstool I must disagree. I just want to see a weapon. Not a dragon. Like I said. A practical design. What you're describing sounds like something out of a steampunk pirate game. This is Nazi Germany. We're talking something to wow the Reich and scare the allies. And a weapon that communicates? Sorry, eugh. It's just, what has become of us since Black Ops? Great, retrospective tech like the DG-2, Ray Gun, Thundergun, Gersche Device, Shrinkray, VR-11, Winter's Howl, Wave Gun, and now...a tentacle monster covered in eyes that shoots black holes and you're suggesting a fire breathing dragon. I'm not trying to be confrontational, just...it's so far down from where we used to be. 

1 minute ago, NaBrZHunter said:

@DrVonstool I must disagree. I just want to see a weapon. Not a dragon. Like I said. A practical design. What you're describing sounds like something out of a steampunk pirate game. This is Nazi Germany. We're talking something to wow the Reich and scare the allies. And a weapon that communicates? Sorry, eugh. It's just, what has become of us since Black Ops? Great, retrospective tech like the DG-2, Ray Gun, Thundergun, Gersche Device, Shrinkray, VR-11, Winter's Howl, Wave Gun, and now...a tentacle monster covered in eyes that shoots black holes and you're suggesting a fire breathing dragon. I'm not trying to be confrontational, just...it's so far down from where we used to be. 

*Austria :P

Actually it seemed Black Ops went in a space age direction, weapons wise and just everything really, then in BO2 we got a really apocalyptic make shift vibe, except the Paralyzer which is just, please just I love its look so much, but now after SoE is the time for this Wolfenstein Dieselpunk weaponary, back to the roots of WaW where we came from. Its not that we went away, just that people had new ideas that matched where the story was going but now we are getting back to where we really want to be, which is something I really like about how the story and everything has been engineered so we could test things and go to weird places up until we get back to a story and just everything else that we want for sure, with extra stuff that is awesome from what we had along the way.

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

*Austria :P

Actually it seemed Black Ops went in a space age direction, weapons wise and just everything really, then in BO2 we got a really apocalyptic make shift vibe, except the Paralyzer which is just, please just I love its look so much, but now after SoE is the time for this Wolfenstein Dieselpunk weaponary, back to the roots of WaW where we came from. Its not that we went away, just that people had new ideas that matched where the story was going but now we are getting back to where we really want to be, which is something I really like about how the story and everything has been engineered so we could test things and go to weird places up until we get back to a story and just everything else that we want for sure, with extra stuff that is awesome from what we had along the way.

Haha! Technically, yes. Occupied Austria. :tips hat: 

And yes again-space age is right. Which, yeah, it is true we're outta that, and I can understand that. 

I didn't think of Wolfenstein...you pretty much nailed it. Nothing more needs to be said. Signing off! 

@NaBrZHunter I actually grew up playing DOOM and Wolfenstein! I love both! I bought The New Order and didn't like it all too much but I can pray to Satan that DOOM will be dramatically Satanically gory as fuck. I actually played the DOOM closed Alpha and had loads of semen all over my room by the end of the weekend. I understand that there's a core group of fans that are passionate about where the story goes and how it flows into the next map and the explanation for all the occurrences are detailed to say the least. However, there's also a side to this group that has a creative nerve to want to create new toys for the players to enjoy. It could be that this side is overwhelming the scientific aspect to the overall story and the legitimacy of a linear or even non-convoluted story. It must be taken into consideration that both sides got us to where we are and surely both sides still guide the general Train that drives the Zombies concepts.

When it comes to the weapons, I will gladly diverge from the purist idea that the weapons should conform to a scientifically viable weapon. As long as the weapon shoots and kills, this weapon is a weapon of NIkolai's.. I mean mine... A weapon of mine. For me, creativity is a personal goal when it comes to anything. I want the weapon to stand out completely and be different from anything I've seen or thought of thus far. Of course, within reason. Needless to say, the accuracy of the statement "BO was space-age and BO2 was apocalypse 'put-togethers'" is profound. Excluding the Paralyzer, one could hypothesize that this coming season of zombies wont see a "Out there and creative" weaponry but Interdimensional weaponry. So far, this is what has been hinted in both the Apothican Servant and even with the Annihilator. It's all about realms and dimensions. So, we could surmise that we wont get dramatic weapons but more of the ilk of possibly DOOM. The weapons only look dramatic but feel balanced. 

Or, we'll see the slow return to our more comfortable and recognizable weaponry that brings nostalgia and innovation to their peaks. If I had it my way, we'd all be playing DOOM'16 right now.

I don't care about what the gun looks like at all, although a steam-punk-esque weapon would be nice. 

I care about it's originality and functionality. I like the jet gun idea, because it was new, but it's functionality RUINED the weapon for me. 

The mar astagua I liked a lot from the beginning because of it's cool design AND it's function. 

I didn't like the Vr-11 until I learned of it's co-op uses, then it moved up to being more liked then the thundergun. 

Functionality is everything. That being said, a weapon with many uses I approve of highly.