Black Ops III DLC 1

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CVfBvdCWUAEXssr.png

CVfBM9EW4AEjVZg.png

The castle has the Iron Cross on it, which has been used to replace the swaztika. There is also an old artillery cannon in the foreground. It's possible this map is set during WWII, or at least hasn't been used since then. There is also a large rocket in the background, which is far off but still large compared to the foreground. The exact date for this map hasn't come yet, but I'll update this post as soon as it does. This map is looking pretty great so far!

My hype levels are FAR TOO HIGH. What is the Iron Dragon? Where is that interesting location? A castle like a certain someone (heh) has been hoping and theorising for to tie together the Templar stuff since Origins.

"The Mountain Must Be Searched For The Frozen One"- So this could be our objective? Other codes may hint to DLC maps?

Also as this is a castle, imagine if we had to face off a literally IRON DRAGON, inhabiting the mountains and plaguing the castle. At least we have a location for this map as the name is German.

Clearer image I made by zooming and stuff:  1863daf399fac4a11470c31868480164.jpg

Edited by Nightmare Voyager

I just saw this on reddit right before you posted this and.... tbh a little dissapointed. Was hoping for at least 2 maps in the first DLC. With four DLC packs announced, if they only release one map per pack that's only six total maps for BO3. I know a few people had been really excited for the prospect of a castle map and this does sound really cool but still...

Edited by andizzle
Just FYI I do realise they could feasibly do map packs with more then one map in each DLC
8 minutes ago, andizzle said:

I just saw this on reddit right before you posted this and.... tbh a little dissapointed. Was hoping for at least 2 maps in the first DLC. With four DLC packs announced, if they only release one map per pack that's only six total maps for BO3. I know a few people had been really excited for the prospect of a castle map and this does sound really cool but still...

Jesus you sound spoiled. What? 6 guaranteed maps, DOA2, a zombies campaign, new mod tools, and more to come isn't good enough for you? 

Also, look at "Gauntlet" what is that? Is it 3 climates in one? Is it an addition to "freerun" mode? A new gamemode? 

Edit: Also: Totally called this mountain-top map.(Well not call but said I'd like it if they did something like this) They should make REALLY good use of wall running here, but I don't think we'll see any water physics yet, which is a pity...

9 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Jesus you sound spoiled. What? 6 guaranteed maps, DOA2, a zombies campaign, new mod tools, and more to come isn't good enough for you? 

Also, look at "Gauntlet" what is that? Is it 3 climates in one? Is it an addition to "freerun" mode? A new gamemode? 

Edit: Also: Totally called this mountain-top map.(Well not call but said I'd like it if they did something like this) They should make REALLY good use of wall running here, but I don't think we'll see any water physics yet, which is a pity...

Well dude remember that code "The Mountain Must Be Searched For The Frozen One"?

Something fits into that which may get you excited for a possible DLC map "In the Cell Below The Waves Is Where Honor Suffers"

@Stop Mocking Me0

Mod tools for PC, yeah. I'm on PS so I won't ever see custom maps unless I want to buy another copy of the game for PC and pray that I can run it efficiently. Also, the name calling is a bit unwarranted. I payed $60 for the base game as well as another $50 for the season pass so honestly with paying over $110 for a full game I would hope for content. Perhaps it's from growing up in a time when you bought a game it was a complete game out of the box(NO DLC needed) that I sound "spoiled" to you but I promise you that's not the case. I also realise that we could get more then one map in each DLC so perhaps that will be the case.

I'm perplexed to why they'd announce this so early, especially when Xbone/PC players have to wait till February at least. I'm also disappointed there is only 1 zombie map, they've been hyping Zombies up so much now and its become so big I just don't think 1 map is acceptable now. I kinda expected 4 new MP maps, 1 re-made MP Map, 1 new Zombie map and 1 re-made zombie map. And yeah this basically means BO3 Zombies will have 6 maps, and really The giant is a re-make so its not exactly as special of a map, and DOA2 is not really a proper map imo and the fact that its still not been added to the zombies menu makes me think ATVI/3arc dont care much for it either, and Nightmares is just the campaign re-skinned more or less and nothing that special. Even if Mod tools do see the light of day, thats a PC exclusive thing. If they cut the DLC maps up - assuming they're big and make survival maps out of them which is what they should've done with SoE then i maybe more acceptable of them.

8 minutes ago, andizzle said:

@Stop Mocking Me0

Mod tools for PC, yeah. I'm on PS so I won't ever see custom maps unless I want to buy another copy of the game for PC and pray that I can run it efficiently. Also, the name calling is a bit unwarranted. I payed $60 for the base game as well as another $50 for the season pass so honestly with paying over $110 for a full game I would hope for content. Perhaps it's from growing up in a time when you bought a game it was a complete game out of the box(NO DLC needed) that I sound "spoiled" to you but I promise you that's not the case. I also realise that we could get more then one map in each DLC so perhaps that will be the case.

I got such a Battlefront vibe from this lol, BO3 does have more base game content than Battlefront does for sure.

12 minutes ago, andizzle said:

@Stop Mocking Me0

Or we'll get a full-zombies DLC or micro-transaction maps or something. REALLY like the idea of regular micro-transaction zombie maps. Like between DLCs, Like DLC 1 is released for PS4, XB1 gets it a month later, the same time a micro-transaction map is released for PS4, a month later XB1 gets it, a month later DLC 2 is released on PS4, so on and so forth. 

20 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Well dude remember that code "The Mountain Must Be Searched For The Frozen One"?

Something fits into that which may get you excited for a possible DLC map "In the Cell Below The Waves Is Where Honor Suffers"

Well we're on a mountain now, so unless takeo is cast off the mountain into a watery grave below in the end cutscene I don't think we'll actually be swimming in this sub-zero climate as it appears to be. But hey, I LOVE BEING WRONG!

2 minutes ago, TimelordAlex said:

I got such a Battlefront vibe from this lol, BO3 does have more base game content than Battlefront does for sure.

There is a lot of content to be had in BO3, for sure. I'm not contesting that at all. I was just expecting a bit more for Zombies in the first DLC considering how much of  Treyarch's marketing has been focused on it. I mean, they built a COD Zombies themed roller coaster for Christ's sake.

5 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Could this be poland? Looks about the right weather, it's on the ocean by the ships in the back there... Mountainous... 

Most likely Werfen, Austria. Richtofen's note has co-ordinates that lead us right next to the Hohenwerfen Castle which looks pretty similar to the castle in the Der Eisendrachen image

As i recalled SP owners did not get the BO2 micro transactions, you'd have to pay extra for them like everyone else, and i sure as hell dont want to have to pay extra for zombie maps, especially if they're old maps - as that would be taking the piss, paying out of the season pass for an old map we already own. I fully support an old map coming back remastered monthly or something for free though.

2 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Well first DLC is the hardest. Look at Die rise compared to MOTD, Buried, and Origins. Ascension was meant to have a Wonder waffe in it judging by the poster, but that never showed. 

First map is typically rushed... Except now... Where it's actually quite... Early. We aren't 10 days into december yet...

I remember that fake EE of unlocking the Winters Howl on Ascension :L As i understand it Ascension was supposed to feature the T-Gun, Wunderwaffe and Winters Howl but they were cut due to map limits or memory issues or something.

As for the map being rushed, perhaps they learnt their lesson of when Die rise first came out for 360... Oh well either way this time PS4 are the beta testers.

7 minutes ago, TimelordAlex said:

As i recalled SP owners did not get the BO2 micro transactions, you'd have to pay extra for them like everyone else, and i sure as hell dont want to have to pay extra for zombie maps, especially if they're old maps - as that would be taking the piss, paying out of the season pass for an old map we already own. I fully support an old map coming back remastered monthly or something for free though.

Not camos, but in both season passes you got Nuketown zombies and The giant, so I'd imagine other maps would be included as well. 

I'm very surprised that this was announced so early. The map names, and the name of the DLC itself are very uninspiring. These are the type of names you see in fake DLC posters haha.

Looks like we're getting a Hijacked remake, which is pretty cool. The map image for Gauntlet is unusual though. Three different images? Perhaps new Freemode courses? I couldn't imagine the Multiplayer community being too happy with that though, so probably not.

From the notes that have been discovered in Shadows, Der Eisendrachen could be a very interesting map, with intriguing lore behind it. I'm really hoping we'll see a DLC Trailer soon though, to raise my hype levels.

1 hour ago, Spider3000 said:

The map image for Gauntlet is unusual though. Three different images? Perhaps new Freemode courses? I couldn't imagine the Multiplayer community being too happy with that though, so probably not.

It should either be Free Run courses (unlikely and I hope not) or an MP map that changes seasons (kinda like the Animal Crossing map in Mario Kart 8).