Catwalk Glitch

Hells Warrrior

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deleted a friend last night for having a video in their feed of them using this glitch to a barrage of abusive messages. Camping the giant legit til 40 with turned is up there with camping jug on Buried as one of the easiest strategies around, yet people still feel the need to cheat!

I find the best thing to do is camp in the gap in the railing. They can't make the jump if you sit there. They usually keep trying and fall into a horde. They go down, bleed out, and you have a normal round from there. I hate to let them bleed out on purpose, but otherwise they ruin the game.  

• Tech Admin

I'm screenshotting all of them and debating whether to tweet these screenshots or post them, I detest the glitch. I've been on it, but I haven't glitch a game or kill on it. I was impacted by being pushed back on the catwalk to the cage and got down.

I was revived 35 times by someone in the glitch who just wouldn't let me die out, so I ended the game.

Didn't know about this glitch (I rarely look things like that up anyway)

I have been sitting at the catwalk WAY too long, I'm doing it legit with 3 pap snipers but good lord....talk about a snooze fest. It has started to make me not enjoy the map, so I'm taking a vacation from the catwalk strategy for awhile. Anyone know some good spots other than the alley? I'm speaking from a multiplayer (3 player) perspective.

I hate all zombie glitchers, unfortunately some are too good of friends to delete but they at least respect me enough not to do it when I'm in their game.

20 hours ago, Hells Warrrior said:

I just sat in a game on the catwalk for a 17 round game, from about round 9 I cock blocked them from getting access to it. On round 17 I had enough dropped down and got downed and then quit the game.

The best of it?

I WAS HOST :rofl:

DBZ and I have been in quite a spat with the folks over on /r/codzombies who are defending the glitch spot with all thier might, and try to explain that it is not cheating.   People these days suck man.... I will and always have reported every player I come across who is using an exploit, no matter what their motivation is for doing so, and I'd encourage everyone else to do the same.

And nothing wrong with a bit of reverse trolling as well like you did there! :)

You know what's funny? Glitches. Glitches and Loopholes. In life there are laws. Much like in this game there are rules. Implicit rules and explicit rules. Explicit loopholes and implicit loopholes. In life there will always be an asshole trying to weasel his way to the top using the easiest method possible to do so. Using all the legal loopholes and misreads to prove his legitimacy and to verify his case. In this game there will always be an asshole trying to get his way to the top of the leaderboards. Using all the glitches and in-game loopholes to his advantage. Now, here's a parallel. What if in real life, this Asshole trying to get to the top of the leaderboards if getting fucked by the asshole using legal loopholes? What if one asshole ignites another asshole? All I'm saying is, I would worry more about the asshole using legal loopholes than the asshole who just wants to have five seconds of fame. I feel that one of the assholes deserves sympathy. The other will soon be president and then glitches and loopholes will be the least of our conversations.

On 05/12/2015 at 11:03 PM, NaBrZHunter said:

That and the stupid one-point of spawn in the room above the furnace. It's maddening for now. But joke's on them when it gets patched.

You have been able to do the one window room above the furnace since WaW and also in BO1. Convinced they added that intentionally tbh. You cannot exploit it for high rounds either so maybe that's why they never took it out (or added it).

23 minutes ago, DeathBringerZen said:

You have been able to do the one window room above the furnace since WaW and also in BO1. Convinced they added that intentionally tbh. You cannot exploit it for high rounds either so maybe that's why they never took it out (or added it).

Whilst this is true, and you can't really hold out there any longer than the catwalk (and it's not any easier either), I'm not sure it's intentional. There's an out of map spot in the spawn that has also existed since WAW (and a few others I think), I'm pretty sure they just modified the original map and the original glitches just still exist as they just haven't bothered to fix them.

13 minutes ago, steviewonder87 said:

Whilst this is true, and you can't really hold out there any longer than the catwalk (and it's not any easier either), I'm not sure it's intentional. There's an out of map spot in the spawn that has also existed since WAW (and a few others I think), I'm pretty sure they just modified the original map and the original glitches just still exist as they just haven't bothered to fix them.

True but this is a very well known feature. The devs would surely know about it. The spawn glitch getting onto the wall is still there but only if you strafe jump into it as opposed to the previous knife lunge method and strafe jumping is not easy to do so I can let that one slide. The did remove the strafe jump from the boiler room though.

The one window thing is a cult classic strat and you would be lucky to make it past the 25-30 mark in that room so it isn't a big deal for me.

1 minute ago, DeathBringerZen said:

True but this is a very well known feature. The devs would surely know about it. The spawn glitch getting onto the wall is still there but only if you strafe jump into it as opposed to the previous knife lunge method and strafe jumping is not easy to do so I can let that one slide. The did remove the strafe jump from the boiler room though.

The one window thing is a cult classic strat and you would be lucky to make it past the 25-30 mark in that room so it isn't a big deal for me.

It's possible they know about but just left it in yeh, but the actual way it works is surely a glitch? Zombies are programmed to spawn from adjacent zones (would be original 'QR' zone in this method) and only spawning from one zone isn't ever supposed to happen unless it's the spawn and you haven't opened any doors yet. I don't think I could recreate that in a map if I tried, I have no idea how they've managed it, and I suspect they don't either lol.

I've only been playing solo so I haven't heard anything about this glitch. I was playing the Giant yesterday and I ended up getting to Round 40 which is my highest round ever. I camped the Catwalk and had Turned but after reading that thing about how Catwalk with turned is like Buried and camping in jug I feel less accomplished now...