Grapple by Stamin-Up

What's it for?

Is it part of the side quest? I can't find any mention of it. Edit: also an extraneous one by the tram in Footlight. They both flank the area, outside the map, that the Tram passes through.

It appears to be for getting beast on the Tram as it passes.

Maybe there is an area that can only be accessed by beast up there?

I'm on 360, so i don't really have a team to check this with and solo seems impossible to call the Tram and get to junction as beast in time.

Can the top of the map be seen in theater?

----

Possibly related: at the game start, the loading screen starts looking at the Boxing Gym and then raises. In that area, there is a room (window) that looks like there is electricity in it, in the waterfront area (seen in the load screen). What is that room in the map? Can anybody tell? Edit: i think that i am seeing the box location, when the box starts at waterfront, as this light is not always there.

Also, beast can run along the walls in easy street (loading dock side, jump off of Nero's just above steps by loading dock), are we supposed to go up somewhere? Don't ask why i haven't tried this out more, but I've always been just playing and didn't check it out further because beast ran out.

Answer any that you can. Please, and thank you.

Edited by 83457
Typo title
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also like how the buildings next to each other have a checker board paint job. I don't understand this spot either.

As well as the one in the Footlight District that leads to a pointless catwalk. What's the purpose for it. There's nothing to open in the City other than the Burlesque.

Here's something else I want everyone to check out. Then tell me what you guys think. Theater mode glitch would be perfect for this. So when you leave the Footlight District on the Tram. Looking to your left, right before the Window with the Symbol in it. 

There is this one Window, that is blatantly obvious. Out of the entire map, that is open & you can see inside of it. Not only that but the amount of detail is crazy.

1 hour ago, Ragdo11706 said:

I also like how the buildings next to each other have a checker board paint job. I don't understand this spot either.

As well as the one in the Footlight District that leads to a pointless catwalk. What's the purpose for it. There's nothing to open in the City other than the Burlesque.

Here's something else I want everyone to check out. Then tell me what you guys think. Theater mode glitch would be perfect for this. So when you leave the Footlight District on the Tram. Looking to your left, right before the Window with the Symbol in it. 

There is this one Window, that is blatantly obvious. Out of the entire map, that is open & you can see inside of it. Not only that but the amount of detail is crazy.

Can you post a pic?

5 hours ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Are you guys sure these aren't just used to be shortcuts? I hope they aren't but its a possibility.

3 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

From where though. There's no where around either of these 2 in particular that makes them useful.

The only reasons I can see the Junction (Stamin-Up) Grapple would be used for is if you were coming up the Subway Rift stairs as a shortcut. But in most cases you probably have activated the Crane power before you have opened the subway door but still, it could be used as a shortcut to do all the Subway & Junction things in one go. 

Same for the Footlight High street Grapple. It would be used if you were down in the ground near the newspaper stand to get to the upper level which could lead you around to the Producers Wig Box, the Perk Machine & power the stairs. Probably put there so that if you caught the train instead of coming through the Junction you can activate a of those things, though you have to open 2 gates on the upper level first to do this & it's quite a distance.

I wasted so much time & Beast modes in my first games trying to figure out what I was meant to do with the Junction / Stamin-Up Grapple. Everything I just fell back down. I was like "WTF are the controls? Where am I meant to go to?"

noob

Also, there is one in Footlight, directly over the beast-opened steps. Not the one above the perk machine, it is directly over the steps.

I was thinking that beast could jump on the train, but the one over the center of Footlight would be unreachable from train.

By the center-of-Footlight one, there are ads for going into such and such theater (forgot name) and a poster across from the perk that says this, and the wig-box shelf extended over to it, as a separate ledge. May be nothing.

My other thought was to reach up to the giant worm-mommy...

8 minutes ago, 83457 said:

Also, there is one in Footlight, directly over the beast-opened steps. Not the one above the perk machine, it is directly over the steps.

I was thinking that beast could jump on the train, but the one over the center of Footlight would be unreachable from train.

By the center-of-Footlight one, there are ads for going into such and such theater (forgot name) and a poster across from the perk that says this, and the wig-box shelf extended over to it, as a separate ledge. May be nothing.

My other thought was to reach up to the giant worm-mommy...

Or to get up before the stairs are done and do stuff?

I'd rather think what they could possibly do? I mean, it's one thing to try and figure its purpose, it's another to figure out whether or not it matters. In my virgin eyes, I think since you have to be in beast mode to use it, it's pointless. All things important happen in Human form. Of course, the ending of the Easter Egg is the Ending of the Easter Egg so throwing you into the beast mode seemed right for the last step. However, I believe if there was any pinch of importance with these "Grapples" then there would be a clue as to their importance. A cue of some kind, not just me being glitched into the window in Footlight or me just falling back down to Stamin-Up.

Stamin-Up's grapple, though, seems suspiciously placed because the building it's attached to has an open room upstairs. I love to make an ASS out of U and ME so it's quite possible to say that at some point during one's research on this map, the window to this room may open. Allowing the player to inquire within about the pricing for said room. Then again, if the price is too much, I'd rather just move to Canada and get stoned with my Trailer Park Boys. Only then, can I prevent the destruction of my world.

39 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Or to get up before the stairs are done and do stuff?

But there is one right above the perk machine for that. Why is there a second one there? Edit: if you grapple up by the machine, then grapple over 20 feet to the other, by the stairs-power, that would take longer than running from one to the other. The other two can't even be considered in that manner as they are even less believable.

Edit: DrVonstool, there would not be 3 useless grapple spots in the map. They must do something.

Edited by 83457
6 minutes ago, 83457 said:

But there is one right above the perk machine for that. Why is there a second one there?

Edit: DrVonstool, there would not be 3 useless grapple spots in the map. They must do something.

I don't know, I will look soon and investigate it all I can.

7 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

I don't know, I will look soon and investigate it all I can.

I edited more into the other post. Maybe one could use the SU one to jump from Canal to SU, but i can't think of a reason. SU can easily be opened by either of the first 2 beast, or when one does the subway steps. These 3 extraneous ones are only by Footlight, the only place where the train leaves the map.

Thanks for the input. Keep your eyes and ears on it.

Edited by 83457
Typo
18 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

I'll look for it.

Arnies/WW/trip mines, et cetera into the window!

On 360, those buildings aren't checkered, but almost look stepped, like beast to Tram to Roof?

Edit: Top of Ruby Rabbit is also by the Tram, you could almost jump on it when it's parked there. Maybe when it's moving?

It can't just be for the box glitch. :)

Edited by 83457

I do the subway and the crane.stamin-up in the same beast mode,  also I do everything in footlight in one beast mode (exept for the portal door) So i dont see that as a reason.

Nether of these use the two eagle heads,  The only purpose so far for the footlight one would be to get over to phone boothe if you didnt open door yet, but there is no known reason to do this so....

and the one in junction just has no purpose at all, no good for shortcuting from another spot, nothing to do, very strange indeed.

What are the three alleged Eagle Heads that serve no purpose? 

1. Building near Stamin-Up with a room for rent.

2. Dismount above a Construction Table in Footlight

What's the third?

I have an observation for the dismount at footlight... Consider the Easter Egg's last step... Is it at all possible to say that this specific Eagle Head is more for the strategy of avoiding the Margwas? I did the Easter Egg once and never will I endeavor again but that could be one purpose for a high up position with no way to walk to it. 

On Sun Dec 6 21:33:35, DrVonstool said:

What are the three alleged Eagle Heads that serve no purpose? 

1. Building near Stamin-Up with a room for rent.

2. Dismount above a Construction Table in Footlight

What's the third?

@DrVonstool The third one is in Canals. If you look at The Ruby Rabbit, you will see the grapple to open the stairs on the left; to the right of that there is a balcony you can grapple to, but it connects to nothing, just like the useless one in Footlight.

Edited by M16 EPIC
Added quote.

All of this "speculation" just reminds me of the Mainstream News Media when they ransacked the apartment of those two terrorists. "Well, this looks like some sort of calendar... -turns the page- Aaand it's just an ordinary calendar." or "As you can see, this trash bin is filled with shredded paper... Something that the F.B.I. must have considered unimportant..."

I've just noticed a lot of overthinking and high-expectations. There was a lot in Tranzit that seemed out of place but was happily in-place. We just always assume that "Because it's Treyarch, it's convoluted." I don't believe it's always like that. I think Shadows of Evil was a very straight forward, narrow minded map. It had an Easter Egg that we solved, had some minor Upgrades and Visual Easter Eggs that we discovered. A free Mega gobble drop and the Richtofen picture that chases after your screen. Not to mention that useless Goddard Apparatus. This is usually the point when the well begins to dry up, but where there's a well there are dreamers.

The third one that i called out was in footlight above the steps by the perk. Look right and up from the gg machine.

The canal one, i believe is for just getting there from a different angle, depending on how you come at the RR. I also feel this about the 2 by the Footlight perk machine. The 'hidden' one actually works better for beasting than the obvious one. So those two are probably just for normal use.

I can not find any reason for the one in Footlight above the workbench, nor the one above stamin up on Junction.

So those are the mystery grapples. Again, i feel there is a connection to the train, but i don't have a 'suss shit out' group on 360.

Edited by 83457
Up, not go