Possible Perma Perk

https://account.xbox.com/en-US/gameclip/75b2eca3-8299-4a9f-a758-c62fb7d2485a?gamertag=jRosS%20CWAY&scid=f4ad0100-febf-441e-9f12-5f1204cd8cf1

this is the best video i can get, beccause my xbox's dvr is shot out and always records weirdly timed.. but as you can see im 1 shot knifing on round 3. it actually lasts till round 5 then its a two hit knife kill. if you also notice that my knife is green every single time i swing. This occur EVERY time i join a shadow of evils game whether i have any perks or not. it seems like a legit perma perk to me.. has anyone else experienced this ? i havent seen one single video or discussion on perma perks so i figured id give a post... if video is not believable ill make another one later today in a fresh new game if needed.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, jross cway said:

No perks though

It's Widow's Wine, you got Perkaholic in the video, which gave it to you.

WW affects your grenades, yourself, and your knife, and has a certain amount of 'charges' when you're hit or use grenades.

If you are definitely seeing it without WW, then it's a glitch. Not really surprising, given it's Trollarch. But it would be nice to know the glitch.

Get a video with no perks, until then, we'll assume you misremembered. It happens.

Edited by 83457

Speaking of perma perks, I noticed on the Giant last night that barriers started rebuilding really fast compared to usual and once I finished that game I got in another game, it was definitely slower so is that something?

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Speaking of perma perks, I noticed on the Giant last night that barriers started rebuilding really fast compared to usual and once I finished that game I got in another game, it was definitely slower so is that something?

There's this rumor floating around that Speed Cola displays a faster boarding animation...but the speed of the actual repairing is questionable.

2 minutes ago, InfestLithium said:

There's this rumor floating around that Speed Cola displays a faster boarding animation...but the speed of the actual repairing is questionable.

That might be true. Just played SoE and had Speed Cola as my sixth perk and I noticed the boards significantly boarded up faster.

• 3 weeks later...

I am here to validate OP's claim.... BUT couple items

1) Perma Perk for me is not every game it might be a glitch

2) It seems to be Mostly Widows Wine, It has happened to me 3 times in the last 10+ games

3) I do not have a video but, just noticed it.

Ok so couple things...  When I get widows wine specifically as its the best animation to pay attention too,  when I have gone down and LOST ALL my perks, I will notice my grenades are still the Widows Wine Grenades,  Secondly when I do get hit by the Zombies, the Zombies are affected by the Widows wine EVEN IF I DO NOT HAVE THE PERK.   This again confirmed in 3 games that I have played.  This effect last all game long.

Now I am going to review this on my DVR games....just to see.... I am curious if some Mega Gum is the cause and effective,  "Phoenix Up" etc.... But its weird... I have noticed the Perma Perk without doing the Easter egg.

Edited by Exactice_808
  • 1 month later...

Bring the topic back again....I think there are perma perks 

The last game i Revive my mates fasten than usual 

IT does the circle complete but the loadIng was faster....

Anyone can confirm? 

Edit: i will look for it in the theater tommorrow if the game is there 

Edited by Nieno69
18 hours ago, Nieno69 said:

Anyone can confirm? 

And you didn't have Perkaholic, which includes Quick Revive, did you?

------------

I've also had the widow's wine glitch through several downs in one game.

------

Also on perks glitching: i had the robot revive me, he bought me a QR, i bought SU, then, when i bought Juggernog, QR and SU vanished. I bought 3 more perks to make sure the qr and su were gone, not just invisible.

11 hours ago, 83457 said:

And you didn't have Perkaholic, which includes Quick Revive, did you?

------------

I've also had the widow's wine glitch through several downs in one game.

------

Also on perks glitching: i had the robot revive me, he bought me a QR, i bought SU, then, when i bought Juggernog, QR and SU vanished. I bought 3 more perks to make sure the qr and su were gone, not just invisible.

I've also seen instances in which a player will buy a perk, be in the process of drinking it, get downed, and once revived they still had the Perk. They could no longer buy that specific Perk either. However, they could still purchase 4 other Perks.

On the 'time spent on zombies'.

The community keeps saying 'they had 3 years', but official things that i read said that Treyarch would start on bo3 at the end of 2014, and have the usual year. Meanwhile, they worked on ports and other stuff.

I have no doubts that some involved spent even their own time working on it in the interim, but generally, they only had the typical year.

Unless I've really misremembered, or misread something.

It's still a shame that it's so glitchy.

Feel free to link me better info if I'm wrong.

----------

On topic: i swear that i had fast boards one game, but never saw that again.

A couple days back, i held a zombie at a window where it couldn't hurt me, and after a while, my character said something, but the boards seemed to fix at the same rate.

Edited by 83457
2 hours ago, 83457 said:

----------

On topic: i swear that i had fast boards one game, but never saw that again.

A couple days back, i held a zombie at a window where it couldn't hurt me, and after a while, my character said something, but the boards seemed to fix at the same rate.

You were hanging them boards so fast, from all that "Speed" you was on that night.... 

"Speed Cola" that is.

On 25/01/2016 at 10:49 PM, Nieno69 said:

Anyone can confirm? 

I can confirm this . Don't usually play many public's but the perma w.w I've had a few times glitch or otherwise . The qr I had a few nights ago . If you revive out of beast mode the whole circle fills green on the player , if you have quick revive it fills to 50 %.  I was reviving people faster it only had to fill 25%.  It's been a long while since I played blops 2 but wasn't there a similar perma perk QR ? I had around 20 revives that game . Not unusual in public's . I thought it maybe something they added but it could also be a glitch I suppose isn't it 25% of the circle filled to revive in beast mode ?

On 25/01/2016 at 10:49 PM, Nieno69 said:

Anyone can confirm? 

I can confirm this . Don't usually play many public's but the perma w.w I've had a few times glitch or otherwise . The qr I had a few nights ago . If you revive out of beast mode the whole circle fills green on the player , if you have quick revive it fills to 50 %.  I was reviving people faster it only had to fill 25%.  It's been a long while since I played blops 2 but wasn't there a similar perma perk QR ? I had around 20 revives that game . Not unusual in public's . I thought it maybe something they added but it could also be a glitch I suppose isn't it 25% of the circle filled to revive in beast mode ?

1 hour ago, Doppelgänger said:

I thought that it had been confirmed as an actual thing from way back in Black Ops zombies though? 

I Think it was just added back into SOE recently,  I watched a YouTube....Wait

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1oReQDGGZo

Here you go Speed Cola 2.0

Available in BO1, removed BO2 add back in BO3

Edited by Exactice_808
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the Speed Cola stuff.

On faux permaperks: i had one of these again the other day, I'm fairly certain the game gave me a 'drop' I already had: x2, and since it just said 'double points', it didn't say it again.

No other icon appeared on my screen and it clearly wasn't carpenter as i watched the windows for that.

In this instance, it must have been double double points.

/just citing an example of this. No evidence of permaperks seen at all.

@83457

Here's something interesting, I'm not sure if you are aware of it. Hell I'm not even sure why they've implemented it, but you know how if you get a drop then immediately following get another drop (similar to what you experienced with the x2). 

Well I'm not sure if you've ever paid attention or not, but when this occurs they do not stack, the length in which they last doubles.

For some reason now if you grab a "FireSale" and immediately grab another one, they do stack. Instead of being a le to only hit the box a couple Times you can hit it quite a few times.