How to upgrade the Apothican Servant legit?

@jross cway the *Ding is in reference to the Rituals. Which also happens to be linked to the Gateworms, the PaP wall, the PaP Room, and the PaP Ritual itself. Also I think there's a lot more prerequisites than just getting a couple audio quotes from the Apothicon Servant. 

@83457

Yea I can def agree with you about the Traps/Chains. Earlier I was listening and I didn't hear anything. Once I opened PaP I still didn't hear anything. Once I finally used the Trap in the PaP room now all of them are doing it. 

As for my thoughts on this. I believe what this may be, is an audio cue for when we need the Second heart  for the second form of the Apothicon Servant. I don't believe that we will be able to upgrade the traps themselves, rather somehow kill/destroy one of the 8 hearts.

Edited by Ragdo11706
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About these 'Dings'... @Ragdo11706 Don't these dings happen every time you activate a ritual? For me it does! The ding happens for me and makes me believe that the ding is the activation of the ritual as well as the ritual's offering being manipulated. Because I place the offering, place the summoner's key, and then the ding and then the book or whatever morphs. Honestly, though. Who feels infected with my non-patented T-Virus? I do. Well, not entirely. Anyways, since we have made zero percent progress beyond receiving quotes from the Servant, I can safely say we're sniffing the wrong dog's ass!

1 minute ago, DrVonstool said:

About these 'Dings'... @Ragdo11706 Don't these dings happen every time you activate a ritual? For me it does! The ding happens for me and makes me believe that the ding is the activation of the ritual as well as the ritual's offering being manipulated. Because I place the offering, place the summoner's key, and then the ding and then the book or whatever morphs. Honestly, though. Who feels infected with my non-patented T-Virus? I do. Well, not entirely. Anyways, since we have made zero percent progress beyond receiving quotes from the Servant, I can safely say we're sniffing the wrong dog's ass!

If that's the ding that 'e means, then I'll smack him/her. /jk.

That's just the sound of the key being set down.

There are actual dings, identical to the golden helmet ding.

I got one once, as i killed like my 100th zombie with purple BBs (MCC TM upgrade) on round 49, after killing with them all game. Also, while it happened as i got BB kills, the traps that i used all game might have been on, and i just called in CP, so the ding could be from CP use or Trap use. Though it really seemed to be the BB kills.

I died shortly thereafter, so i didn't get a chance to really see if the ding changed anything.

Solo world problems.

I just finished a game where I had everything pretty much, reborn sword, margwa head, apothican servant, five perks, blah, blah..

i was at a loss as to what to do next to upgrade this damn thing, and as I was killing in the pack a punch room (1st part of the room, with the table) I had a Margwa to deal with, I shot one of the heads (pap'd weapon) and heard the same voice you hear when you build the apothican servant. (I know this has been mentioned before by others)

pretty sure we need to either get kills in that room with the servant, or lure and kill margwas somehow in that room as much as possible until something happens. how the margwa heads relate to the apothican servant is beyond me, the similar voices heard from the servant suggest otherwise. point being: the Margwas are unaffected by the apothican servant.

suggestion: try to get the apothican servant asap. then do the arch ovum steps, lure all of the margwas from each step to the pack a punch room and kill them there. this could be why the one margwa spawns in the pap room when we get the gate worms done. sort of a hint i guess.

could the voice be telling me to use the reborn sword to kill margwas there?

Edited by mmm chocolate
23 minutes ago, mmm chocolate said:

I just finished a game where I had everything pretty much, reborn sword, margwa head, apothican servant, five perks, blah, blah..

i was at a loss as to what to do next to upgrade this damn thing, and as I was killing in the pack a punch room (1st part of the room, with the table) I had a Margwa to deal with, I shot one of the heads (pap'd weapon) and heard the same voice you hear when you build the apothican servant. (I know this has been mentioned before by others)

pretty sure we need to either get kills in that room with the servant, or lure and kill margwas somehow in that room as much as possible until something happens. how the margwa heads relate to the apothican servant is beyond me, the similar voices heard from the servant suggest otherwise. point being: the Margwas are unaffected by the apothican servant.

suggestion: try to get the apothican servant asap. then do the arch ovum steps, lure all of the margwas from each step to the pack a punch room and kill them there. this could be why the one margwa spawns in the pap room when we get the gate worms done. sort of a hint i guess.

could the voice be telling me to use the reborn sword to kill margwas there?

You may be onto something. Maybe we don't get reborn swords but rather reborn Apothicon Servants instead?

I will try this now.

EDIT: Ok so I'm making my way thru the Rounds trying to get the Reborn Sword to get Margwa kills in the PaP room. 

So in this game I decided to do things differently. Since these *Dings I've been hearing are normal (although I've had times where I didn't hear them). So this time I decided to do Waterfront second.

Well once I got all 4 Rituals completed, as I went to the PaP room to place the worms. Sure enough the first one I placed was the Waterfront.

I don't know if this is significant or not, but I did find it rather odd. My character btw is Nero.

Edited by Ragdo11706

The placement of the Gateworms is most likely down to how they coded it. They can't have a random one placed down each time and since you need all four to start placing them anyways and its random where you put them, they just have an order of placement because its easier to code. Especially since you can only put two down at first, so if their was an easter egg then it wouldn't make sense since somebody would have uncovered it as there is only a few ways to place them.

44 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

The placement of the Gateworms is most likely down to how they coded it. They can't have a random one placed down each time and since you need all four to start placing them anyways and its random where you put them, they just have an order of placement because its easier to code. Especially since you can only put two down at first, so if their was an easter egg then it wouldn't make sense since somebody would have uncovered it as there is only a few ways to place them.

Yea but on solo you can do the Rituals and leave the Worms. Then when your ready, you can pick them up one at a time and place them if you'd like. I don't know it just doesn't make any sense to me. 

You can always just place one and wallrun across, place the other two, then place the final one. Either way I'm with @DrVonstool I think I'm starting to suffer from the T-Virus.

I wish I would've never seen that picture with the damn Gateworms and The Key!

Edited by Ragdo11706
Just now, Ragdo11706 said:

Yea but on solo you can do the Rituals and leave the Worms. Then when your ready, you can pick them up one at a time and place them if you'd like. I don't know it just doesn't make any sense to me.

You can always just place one and wallrun across, place the other two, then place the final one. Either way I'm with @DrVonstool I think I'm starting to suffer from the T-Virus.

Yeah I thought of that because I was going to write out exactly how many variations of it their was but it got too much. Still that wouldn't mean it has anything to do with the Servant as its a solo only thing.

1 minute ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Yeah I thought of that because I was going to write out exactly how many variations of it their was but it got too much. Still that wouldn't mean it has anything to do with the Servant as its a solo only thing.

Yea it's quite a few. You could also do this with multiple players. Especially for the fact in 2 player co-op you can only carry one at a time. But we'll just let it go. If it is something awesome, if not oh well. At least to much time wasn't wasted.

Okay. The only thing of significance today is this: (and i need some eyes, ears, to confirm).

Each different AS (by name) seems to be saying exactly 1 quote, and always the same quote per AS name (or it always says the same one first).

Example: Lor-Zarozzor says zornash, na'orruja, zornash each time. Altar?, AS, altar. I'm not buying the gwanash = zornash argument. Though i can't swear altar is correct. Zarozzor is close to 'survive' but not an exact match. Zornash, arguably is based off of something similar to zarozzor. 

Is anyone getting a second quote from the same servant? I have never gotten more than 1. But I want confirmation.

So, if true, i believe that comparing the translated gun name (when possible) with the corresponding audio cue for that weapon, would either be the steps needed, or even possibly 2 different ways of saying the same thing.

Does the same character always get the same AS? I don't believe so, but want confirmation. That would pare it down more and players could concentrate on one variety at a time.

---

So, each one may require only one upgrade step, but there are 4 ways, depending on weapon. Doing the correct thing with the correct weapon, after the voice cue, should get us moving forward. Instead of trying 4 steps with all four weapons.

Speculation: from what I've read from code divers, i think that they originally would have 4 different versions, but it proved imperfect or they couldn't agree on/or balance the weapons. So there are 4 (same but name) AS, each with a different upgrade method, but the same end product.

Sigh... Want to find...

Edited by 83457

I love the T-Virus reference! Tranzit-Virus is real! Anyways, I love the drive to try and discover that which is undiscovered, however we all must eventually yield our sword to the almighty Blundell. I like Mr. Blundell because he can make fancy jokes about "Baked Goods" leaving me to believe that Blundell's Baked Goods means he has the dankiest shit in the entire office. This is why he was put in charge of Zombies at Treyarch. The Better the dope, the better the ideas. Anyways, this idea that the Wonder Weapon is SO convoluted that you need to create a list of one million variables is where the T-Virus is talking.

@83457 Good job, Mr. Numbers! See, I already explained that we need quotes before the next step could begin. I also explained that each Weapon has a specific name which could lead to a specific step such as Spending Moolah for one of them. However, the group idea was that things need to be done beforehand. As if we forgot something... -.- We are thorough! Never doubt us! Anyways, we've been at the point of "Each Servant quotes it up and then..." for a long time. I thought this would be the topic of discussion but it isn't. Which is why I stopped trying because I started to notice the T-Virus consume some of you.

Edited by DrVonstool

It's been known that the quotes are needed. To me, i thought all 4 would be for 1 gun. But it seems, at the moment, that each gun has one unique quote. Which i am not 100% certain on, so I'm looking for confirmation.

And the T-virus is rampant in my head. You should hear the shit I'm not posting...

'What does it all mean?' -Loke Groundrunner, Thumb Wars.

Nice Thumb reference, tee-hee. DecrypterFixer on reddit is a Vault Hunter- I mean, Code Digger. He confirmed that each weapon has a "Continuance" quote and all weapons have a "Success" quote. the continuance quote is different for all of them and the Success quote is the only variable that doesn't change. I hope you get that pesky T-Virus off of you. My advice is to drink some alcohol and watch Adult Swim!

5 minutes ago, DrVonstool said:

Nice Thumb reference, tee-hee. DecrypterFixer on reddit is a Vault Hunter- I mean, Code Digger. He confirmed that each weapon has a "Continuance" quote and all weapons have a "Success" quote. the continuance quote is different for all of them and the Success quote is the only variable that doesn't change! 

My advice is to drink some alcohol and watch Adult Swim!

He's one I've read about.

Thanks for some confirmation, that definitely brings us closer to the solution in my mind.

Now i won't be trying the same stuff with each version.

---

No drinking for me, I'm 46 and i believe in the 21 year drinking age: once you hit 21, you're getting too old to drink. That stuff is to get teenagers through high school and laid.

1 minute ago, 83457 said:

That stuff is to get teenagers through high school and laid.

No teenagers use their camouflage abilities to weasel their way into a certain clique. That's how they get through high school. And dope, lots of dope. As for getting laid? Hah! Alcohol and sex is like this conversation about the wonder weapon. It's going no where! Anyways, yeah, that's cool man. Do whatever you gotta do to chill. Definitely take the rest of the year off. ;3 

I have a question:

I just read that you can get the AS out of the box, while another player has one. So, build one, then everyone can get one out of the box.

Is this true? Was this true, then patched?

What if all 4 must be had before the AS upgrade can be done? I hate this idea, but it would explain the roadblock that the community is hitting.

What would this entail in solo? Get each version, do it's unique thing, drop in box (trade with pod-gun?).

I want to try to drop one in a pod, see if i get a cue, and then try to get one from the box, but if it does nothing, that's a bit of a loss. That was my goal last night, but the game was heywire so i never made it very far.

I know for a fact that when the game dropped, my entire team was able to get the Servant. By grabbing at the same time or by using the box. Whether or not others can still get it from the box is still available is a question of interest. However, it says you can obtain it from the box but the chances are so low that you might as well start the process of drying paint just so you have accomplished something besides wasting one million points trying to get a second Servant. Good luck, Mr. Numbers! Remember the lyrics to Keeper of the Seven Keys and you might just make it! "Don't let him suck off your power - Throw the key!"

On 360, we can still all grab at once.

And we can still transmogrify keepers, so if they are needed for something, I've been blowing it. The one recent voice cue that i got happened when i sucked up a keeper, flyer, zombie combo with Lor-Z. Maybe that's why there are 4 spare ones in Subway...

Maybe it is hard to get it back because we shouldn't get rid of it, other players should spam the box until all are found, if possible. I'm still considering the 'trade with a pod-gun' route though.

I'm sure that we would have heard this mentioned though. So this is probably bunk, but if you have a team, try it.

---

Ragdo, in at least one 'voice cue' in the pap area, the AS shot was right next to a worm in it's holder...

---

Random unrelated thought: the map shows four areas, but Downtown is clearly mostly void of background stuff (cars, ambience) and not a playable area. I wonder if there was gonna be 4 districts with the key in Nero's, but it would take too much time to make, so got paired down as deadlines approached.

@DrVonstool I'm sure Mr. Blundells' "Baked Goods" would have me geekin' like a giddy school girl. When it comes to the ladies, I always liked to pull a Pablo Escobar when I was younger. 

Ok time to be serious....

So if I'm reading what you guys are saying correctly, than your saying each weapon upon being built has 3 quotes. The Greeting of the Player Quote, the Upgrade Ready Quote, & the Upgrade Complete Quote (Which no one has been able to get yet).

Greeting Player Quote

• Kor-Maroth Arbgwaoth
  • Lor-Zarozzor Arbgwaoth
  • Mar-Astagua Arbgwaoth
  • Nar-Ullaqua Arbgwaoth

Upgrade Ready Quote

• Kor-Maroth: "Zornash Na'Orujja Zornash"
  • Lor-Zarozzor: *Dont know I Never get this version.*
  • Mar-Astagua: "Zoroth Orotho" 
  • Nar-Ullaqua: *I thought this one said "Zornash....."*

So I've got 2 that I can confirm 100%. Mar-Astagua I just got literally 10 minutes ago. Kor-Maroth I normally get 50% of the time. So which 2 Ready-Up quotes am I missing. 

@83457 Haha I've got 20+ pages of notes. You don't even want to know some of the shit that's going on in my head. 

However with that being said, I will say I truly believe the Apothicon Servant is a "Crustacean". It would definitely fit the theme of the map as well as explain those little pleopods that eat the "Egg"/bullet we feed to it. Have a look at this page and read the Life-Cycle & Decapoda sections.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nauplius_(larva)#Nauplius

Hmmm. What i was saying/reading was that each gun had exactly one quote.

I think Mar-Astagua gave me the quote when built a couple of times.

Lor-Zarozzor gave me the 'zornash, na'orrujo, zornash' quote, if i heard it right, when i sucked up a keeper/zombie/flyer combo. But one other one says 'zornash', which i didn't know at the time, and i didn't hear the quote perfectly, so i think it said zornash, na'orrujo, zornash, but it could be the other quote.

So this may not be right, but i think we should all pay close attention in case we are misremembering.

Are you getting 2 different quotes from the same gun? If so, then this is bunk too and we are back to start.

I was playing SOE last night and i noticed that after unlocking the door for the apothicon egg if you go back into beast mode the symbols appear floating in front of the eggs. I could also shock them to make the go away and i could shock each one. Glitch or is this something?

Hey guys!  I had a thought through my last run in SoE.

Charging the AS gun with the 10 Zombies then the audio cue prompts the next time a Margwa pops.

I find it interesting that the Margwa will kneel after the first head is destroyed.  Why is that?  Why not before?  The heads come down to eye level like there is something we are suppose to do with the broken head.  The animators could've just used the stop and flail animation if stunning is all that there was to it.  There is roughly 5 seconds of kneeling and i tried knifing the heads but i had trouble with all the zombies.  I died trying it a second time as i got stuck in a corner without realizing i couldnt run past the Margwa in the tight space.  

The AS gun is made up of the heart (from Margwa), the sacs(parasites/elementals), and the tentacles(purple pods).  I wonder if you can place a fully charged Arch Ovum inside the head of the margwa or something similar.....

1 hour ago, a7alpha said:

Hey guys!  I had a thought through my last run in SoE.

Charging the AS gun with the 10 Zombies then the audio cue prompts the next time a Margwa pops.

I find it interesting that the Margwa will kneel after the first head is destroyed.  Why is that?  Why not before?  The heads come down to eye level like there is something we are suppose to do with the broken head.  The animators could've just used the stop and flail animation if stunning is all that there was to it.  There is roughly 5 seconds of kneeling and i tried knifing the heads but i had trouble with all the zombies.  I died trying it a second time as i got stuck in a corner without realizing i couldnt run past the Margwa in the tight space.  

The AS gun is made up of the heart (from Margwa), the sacs(parasites/elementals), and the tentacles(purple pods).  I wonder if you can place a fully charged Arch Ovum inside the head of the margwa or something similar.....

The next time you try anything with the Margwa, I would highly suggest grabbing the Margwa Mask beforehand. This makes dealing with them a more pleasant experience.

I've also thought the fact, once you've destroyed one of the heads, it does seem rather odd how a single shot from the Apothicon Servant, makes him come to a complete stop.