How to upgrade the Apothican Servant legit?

10 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Well I know for a fact through coding the meatballs in the game are referred to as "Elemental".

However it could also be pertaining to the elemental effect of the lightning sword, or the different elemental effects we get through double PaP.

EDIT: Ok so looking at this guys, we've already done everything we were supposed tto up until his point. We've all gotten the "Ready to Upgrade  Quote".

Now here's the important part. ARBGWAOTH = POWER-UP. In the files the coding referees to the grenades From Widows Wine as Cocoons. However the "Power-Up Drops" are the Cocoons.

There is something we must do with the "Spider Power-Up" that drops. I've had them go from Blue-Red. I honestly believe this is what were missing. Let's not try and make it anymore complicated.

I can confirm that red ones drop too. I don't know what i did , but after completing the main Easter egg and getting the cut scene, they all dropped red. Lighting glitch ? Or something? I told my party about it they all said they never seen this before either. I was the one with the wonder weapon tooZ

Edited by jross cway
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, jross cway said:

I can confirm that red ones drop too. I don't know what i did , but after completing the main Easter egg and getting the cut scene, they all dropped red. Lighting glitch ? Or something? I told my party about it they all said they never seen this before either. I was the one with the wonder weapon tooZ

I have not done the Easter Egg. This is why I believe it has something to do with upgrading the A.S. because you can get them w/out even starting the E.E./Side Quest. 

I've only just begun filling the Apothicon Eg to get the Lightning Sword. A lot of people including myself, believe the Easter Egg/Side Quest shouldn't have to be completed in order to Upgrade the W.W.

Glad someone else can confirm them. I can assure you this is no lighting glitch.

A quick opinion after all of this new information from the trailer:

How could treyarch think it was a good idea to include an easter egg, that was vital to a core game mechanic (i consider upgrading a wonder weapon a vital core mechanic) that could only be solved by translating a language that THEY MADE UP, and gave no hints as to how to translate? and thus they had to give us the translation 2 months later in a teaser trailer for the next map.

Look, I get it. People love the easter eggs, and it is very appealing to have a map that has undiscovered things that people can continue to look for.  Shadows of evil on it's own is a great map IMO.  But easter egg wise they wildly crossed the tipping point.  Why can't they make the "achievement EE" the one that is this hard to discover, and make the ones that affect core game mechanics (opening PaP, upgrading/obtaining WW, upgrading other equipment) organic and something that just occurs as part of the normal gameplay.

I have long defended everything Treyarch has done zombies wise, because by and large it has been absolutely fantastic.  Jimmy Z kind of lost his fire in BO2, and Blundell was able to find some new things that people enjoy, but he has taken it way too far, and needs to find a balance, or else he is going start losing people on this.  Notice no big youtube personalities, barely any of our even most devoted members, are searching for things in this map anymore because it is just too vague, and in the end the benefit is not worth the work in-game.

Rant over, and I really hope that there is a line drawn in the sand for Der Eisendrache between story side quest type stuff, and gameplay stuff

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, The Clay Bird said:

How could treyarch think it was a good idea to include an easter egg, that was vital to a core game mechanic (i consider upgrading a wonder weapon a vital core mechanic) that could only be solved by translating a language that THEY MADE UP, and gave no hints as to how to translate? and thus they had to give us the translation 2 months later in a teaser trailer for the next map.

I personally don't think this is how it went down, really.  They didn't mean for us to upgrade it in the last month (but if we did on accident, great), and now they're paving the way.  I don't see this as something they're doing just to help us out because we can't solve it but should be able to.  I think this was the plan the entire time.

58 minutes ago, Tac said:

I personally don't think this is how it went down, really.  They didn't mean for us to upgrade it in the last month (but if we did on accident, great), and now they're paving the way.  I don't see this as something they're doing just to help us out because we can't solve it but should be able to.  I think this was the plan the entire time.

Yeah, like its basically: If you guys can solve this early, you did an awesome job! But if you can't solve it since it would be very difficult, heres something to help you out! I love that they are doing it this way.

On 12/21/2015 at 0:44 PM, Dr.Z said:

Everyone is discovering the "2nd audio cue" that you get when you go down, but I think that's the audio you get when the WW goes into the box, which I still think could be a valuable step.

Yes. Because it won't happen solo. In solo, QR would keep your guns, no?

---

The first guy to get it feel into the abyss, so thought that killing yourself, in the abyss, was key.

I opined that it was the gun going back into the box. Maybe the audio cue next round means the cocoon spawned.

From Reddit and such:

While there are 48 cocoon spots in code, i assume that only 1 spawns. These are just possible locations. I feel they are connected to the flyers, but have no proof of this. But the areas that they spawn, and their size, suggest it.

---

Cue 0 (upgrade id ready 0) should happen when it's built. Might be suffering audio glitch, let all voice clips play before picking it up.

Cue 1 supposedly from killing 10 zombies as a Margwa spawns in. Reddit was confident on this.

Cue 2: this 'gun in box' theory.

Cue 3 should be: Get cocoon, hang it by CP in Junction. Then something with the robot and time/function.

I think the upgrade comes out of this cocoon. Never uses PaP itself.

22 hours ago, RazzarTG said:

Using the now known new language from the dlc preview we can discover what the 4 names to the apothican servant really says.

The only problem is that all the names are still not shown. But a fair bit are. As you can see in the picture below it says extended carving (hints, carvings, etc.) This means that a couple of symbols and words are still not shown. So when I type unknown, that means that it is probably a symbol not shown yet.

Or it means that the name is just cut down in the name of the gun. Example (Kor-maroth) can be extended into (Koroth-Margwa)

Normal In-game names not upgraded.

1. Kor-Maroth

2. Mar-Astagua

3. Nar-Ullaqua

4. Lor-Zarozzor

Not Upgraded Translated

1. Elemental-Margwa

2. Margwa-Spend

3. Id Gun-Consume

4. Survive-Transform

Now, although this can be a bit messy of a translation. If we think about it, some of it makes sense. Such as 3. It means, using the Apothicon Servant, and getting kills with it. And the thing is, we already know this. After around 10 kills with this name of the gun. The you get the voice saying whatever it says. Now with 2. I think you have to kill a margwa and then spen a certain amount of points. But remember this is just speculation. Now onto the upgraded names.

Normal In-game names upgraded.

1. Kor-Maroth-Arbgwaoth

2. Mar-Astagua-Arbgwaoth

3. Nar-Ullaqua-Arbgwaoth

4. Lor-Zarozzor-Arbgwaoth

Upgraded Translated

1. Elemental-Margwa-Powerup

2. Margwa-Spend-Powerup

3. Id Gun-Consume-Powerup

4. Survive-Transform-Powerup

Ok, I still dont get it. But this is everything translated with the new apothican language. Remember, some of the words are cut off in that screen so things like Mar may not mean Margwa. But I am just using what I have.

Untitled.png

Excellent!

But, if you think about it, these names aren't different steps for each gun, but between the 4 of them, they describe the upgrade if taken in the right order. They tell you what causes the audio cues. Or at least seem to according to the code.

Elemental-Mawgra = elemental is meatball/flyer for Xenomatter, Mawgra for Heart, pod-given Mawgra tentacle. -Build the AS.

Id gun- consume: get like 10 AS kills. I've heard it must be as a Mawgra spawns(?). -Get kills with it.

Mawgra- Spend: unclear: trade it with the box? With a Mawgra in play or after killing a mawgra? -?

Survive- Transform: survive without it, while it does the cocoon/junction/robot/time function theoretical final step as hinted in the code. -survive (move through rounds), while the gun transforms by robot kills (?) In junction.

And Power Up on the end simply means it is the (name name) upgraded.

I feel confident on this after all the reading i did last night, but, I'm a human and therefore, have infinite human stupidity as Einstein says.

+++++++++

Hey CODZ, i love you guys and this oft-dead forum. Lots of fun and ideas and good info.

I made a 'bad cods' comment that led to a poster teasing me and i had some fun with it. Sadly, some thought i was rude or whatever, and that was never meant. Arguing on the webs is silly and pointless, i tried to delete my posts, but the damage was done.

I never intended to hurt feelings or be rude. At no point did i take it to heart, so nobody has offended me, and i hope nobody holds a grudge against me for the things that i said.

I sincerely apologize to the vocal minority, I understand that people get excited about their opinions, and i do too! I find a little argument enjoyable and engaging, and am sad that i actually seem to have hurt peoples' feelings.

All CODs are turds, and here we were arguing over which was fresher or had less maggots...too funny.

Anyways, apologies and as always: happy gaming friendos!

Edited by 83457
4 hours ago, Tac said:

I am not ruling out that perhaps this really was the case, but that seems pretty uncharacteristic and rather shady does it not?  It seems to me they would want you to have the same experience playing the map no matter whether you were playing it on launch day or in 3 years or today or whatever.

Do you think then that perhaps there is a apothicon dictionary of sorts in the game that nobody discovered that would help us translate the directions?  Or did they think that somebody would just upgrade it on accident in the first 6  weeks?

Idk it is just quite puzzling that they would do it that way

Considering that the first wonder weapon we had as veterans of the series was upgrade-able by simply throwing it into a machine, I think we the veterans are just old.

Think about it. We want things to be fluid like they USED to be. Sounds like an old man begging for a shot of the past. I have a feeling that Shadows of Evil is for the mainstream crowd that only has a desire to hunt for and speculate on easter eggs. This is why some easter eggs took a while to discover while others were very simply stupid easter eggs. As veterans of an age old series, we just want to be young again playing Der Riese for the first time having all of our work done by round 17, two PaP wonder weapons and a new monkey to play with. The good ol' days. Sadly the equivalent to the good ol' days was supposed to be The Giant. However, it did not stand the test of time because of minor to major glitches that made the map simply unplayable but the lesser of two evils when compared to Shadows of Evil.

Just know, that if things seem too complicated or convoluted than you should probably consider leaving this hobby for a new and much more exciting one. Other than that, you may just be too old for this shit.

If its actually easy to upgrade and we are being stupid thats fine. I liked the staffs and I am liking that you can't just put this into the Pack-a-Punch but if its too complex, thats where I will draw the line.

My guess is that it is/was POSSIBLE to translate the apothicon language without this "hint" but would require some real detective work. Perhaps an undiscovered cipher or a un-deciphered known one . Either way im thinking we could really use the rest of that language , and im sure 3arch will be "giving" us more. Maybe we still can find more out about it in SoE

I've got to agree with @The Clay Bird on this one. I mean really Treyarch your better than that. Making up some fake ass language you knew we wouldn't be able to solve/figure out. Just to acquire a core gameplay mechanic. This is something they should have done for the Main Side Quest/Easter Egg.

Yea it's great they gave us a "Hint/Key" that pertain to certain words, but they didn't give us all of them. Even if we can figure out what the other symbols mean in "Apothicon" Language. Were still not going to have the English translation of said words.

Honestly just look up the video for Battlefields Illuminati Easter Egg that was just solved. That thing is absolutely crazy. They all had to work together as a "Community" to try and figure it out. 

I believe that's what Treyarch were aiming for with this one. Only problem they didn't foresee was everyone worrying about their own personal gain from being the "First" to solve something. Because that's where this "Community" (none of you guys in here so don't take this personally) is at now, it's all about Me and nothing about what We can accomplish together. Everyone's on a massive Ego-Trip wanting to be the "First".

When in all honesty no one really actually gives a shit. The very same day this is finally solved there will be over 1000 tutorials on YouTube. While barely any of us will remember who solved it first, or even care for that matter. 

Sorry for the Rant. Had to get it off my chest, and I'm a lot more comfortable talking to you guys than anywhere else. Don't mind me and my ramblings of a Mad-Man. Please no-one take any of this personally!

TL;DR: Treyarch should have never made up a language to keep us from figuring out how to Upgrade the W.W. A core mechanic in zombies gameplay. 

I fell as if we were to work together as a Community, how Treyarch intended with this one. As opposed to us being only worried about ourselves than we probably could've solved this thing by now.

Edited by Ragdo11706

I gotta disagree slightly with @The Clay Bird and @Ragdo11706 on what the made up language is used for.

The jist of what you guys are saying if I'm reading correctly is that the language would have been better for the EE and something different chosen for the WW upgrade.

As someone who has played a lot with the WW upgrade I gotta say it's ridiculously OP.  The sliquid from Die Rise kills more technically but this gun is able to get you out of some really bad situations, as well as killing 40 - 50 zombies per shot.

Bearing in mind Steve has already gotten to round 200 using a double PAPPed wall gun I really believe Treyarch got this right.  That PAPPed weapon means literally anyone could camp until round 100, in like 6 hours with the only issue being how to deal with the Margwas.

I made a comment on Reddit that I believe Treyarch had planned this out from the start.  Every map will have something on it that is almost impossible to solve until the next DLC or trailer comes out.  They choose the WW for this as opposed to the EE, and I completely agree with doing it that way.

At the end of the day the WW upgrade will be solved, and I'm certain it will be no more difficult than upgrading the armies, and probably easier than the swords.  Then anyone can do it, not even worry about the swords and get to say round 80 with no issues at all.  I believe that the scenario I have just described should not have been easily discoverable, as it's just too OP in itself.

The game would come down to build shield, build and upgrade WW and then camp.  That would literally be all that's required.  Wouldn't even need to get a PAPed wall gun, could just get a ray gun for Margwas and be good to go.

On 12/19/2015 at 5:30 PM, Cunambula said:

I can't get this quote to go away, must be some glitch with the site, or my network, or my processor, or something I can't be bothered to find a proper answer for. Just ignore this Cunambula. EITHER WAY. I think the fact that we USED to be able to get the gun from the PAP means something. That being said, I think the elemental steps LIKELY have something to do with the elemental PAP effects put on your weapons after double upgrading. This would mean lightning (Deadwire), Wind (Thunderwall), and Fire (Blast furnace) would be 3 of the elements. But what would the final Element be? Element 115 might refer to turned. But if it's similar to the Origins elements, there should be an ICE element. Fireworks would be odd as well. It's all very odd. 

Ok somehow got out of the quote, going with it. Just to be clear, I tried pushing enter and clicking out to get out of it earlier, but it wouldn't let me.

I wonder if we could possibly be seeing a new weapon elemental effect released later on in future DLC... If that's the case, then the whole "ice" effect can be obtained that way... That being said, that'd require us to literally not be able to obtain the weapon until we have an ice effect... (Good idea though). 

Try going to the ritual sites and other places in the map with a Kor-Maroth and blast furnace. Odds are somewhere will be effected. 

I strongly believe the "rosetta stone" "hint" they gave us was only a fallback if it took us too long... we CAN figure out the language without it...or at least alot of the language....  how?.....  the optics (scopes) that we earn in zombies reveals around 10 apothicon "words" .... This is enough of a breadcrumb that i believe it will/would have led to something more.

I began translating the un-upgraded sword, need better pic. Is it diff when upgraded?

We can now translate the sword "names" as well (where did we find out what these names were?, I just read it off the forums)

We can loosely translate the WW. 

There are pics of a ritual(?) in nero's with three bladed objects that had an apothicon "word" inscribed in the middle of it..and there were more than one.

Similarly related we have the symbols on the "break-able" doors which share some symbols on the egg door/egg circles....I only recently realized that these symbols had been given to us by 3arch in the prestige symbol pic. They are numbers 1 thru 13

Symbol Nmber prestige.jpg

tri star  symbols.png

Screen-Shot-2015-11-10-at-23.41.39-660x330.png

Ok guys so I just ran another game. This time I was Jackie "Fucking" Vincent once again. When I first started up the game I did my thing and headed to Footlight to get Jugg. I hit the box once while in the process and got the RayGun. Round 3.

I proceeded to ride the Tram & get my 3 Symbols. I noted these and stopped in the Waterfront District. I opened everything here while leaving the Junction & Beast stairs closed. While here I decided, I'm going to go do this new "Noire" E.E. Now my screen is permanently Black & White. Round 4.

I left the Waterfront and headed towards the Canal District. Here I collected my 3rd Fuse as well as my 3rd Shield part. Built my shield at this workbench. Headed towards the Rift.

Now by this time I've gotten all the parts for the Rituals as well as the Fuse Box. The following Round was a Parasite Round. So Instead of just killing them all immediately, I turned into the "Beast" and consumed a few. Opened up the rest of the Rift area excluding the Sword Chamber. 

Then I decided I'm going to go ahead and do the Rituals. So I did. However I didn't pick up any of the Worms. I left them. I also completed all 4. Went back to the Rift and ended the Round.

Now I just ran through the next few Rounds until the "Elemental" Round. Once this Round occurred I Turned into the "Beast" consumed a few, and opened the Sword Chamber. Grabbed the Egg and held onto it. 

The next phase of Rounds I summoned the Civil Protector in every District getting kills there the entire Round. Once this was completed, I went back into the Rift for the 3rd "Elemental" Round. This is the one where the Margwa Spawns in. 

This is when I began to collect the parts for the Apothicon Servant. I collected the Heart from this Margwa. I then started opening all the Pods to acquire the "Margwa Tail". I hadn't touched a Pod until this point.

I also collected all the Worms and placed them in the Pedestals. I did not activate PaP. I gathered the Worms In this particular order. The same in which I completed the "Rituals" where I got the *Ding*  all 4x, Footlight, Junction/Rift, Canals, & Waterfront.

I finally got the Xenomatter and built the Apohicon Servant on Round 24-25. Beginning of a Parasite/Elemental Round. This is when I activated PaP. The following Round Filled the Apothicon Egg. I also activated the Civil Protector in each district once again.

Once completed I traded out the A.S. for the Vesper. I placed the Egg & grabbed my Sword. I immediately killed with it. 

I ran some more Rounds, doing Various differentt things. Not of any importance. Anyhow I had accumulated around 150,000pts. Well I spent roughly 120,000 on the box and never did get it back. 

Unfortunately I ended up dying, and didnt get to test some things. I'm about to start up another game, except this time I'm leaving it in color. I dont suggest playing with it in B&W for very long.

TL;DR A summary of the game I just played. This is now the second time I've spent well over 100,000pts, and didn't get the A.S. back.

We're getting close boyyyys were getting close.

After reading this thread, i just thought of something. What if we can't even upgrade this until we go to the next DLC map and aquire something? a.k.a. Ice element - from a winter map. Like how in call of the dead you vould get the vrill device and have it for shangri-la. Maybe they just went backwards with the same idea. Making us wait and have us need the next DLC. 

This all of course depends on which four players we use in the new DLC. 

Edited by mmm chocolate
On 12/24/2015 at 0:43 AM, Ragdo11706 said:

Ok guys so I just ran another game. This time I was Jackie "Fucking" Vincent once again. When I first started up the game I did my thing and headed to Footlight to get Jugg. I hit the box once while in the process and got the RayGun. Round 3.

I proceeded to ride the Tram & get my 3 Symbols. I noted these and stopped in the Waterfront District. I opened everything here while leaving the Junction & Beast stairs closed. While here I decided, I'm going to go do this new "Noire" E.E. Now my screen is permanently Black & White. Round 4.

I left the Waterfront and headed towards the Canal District. Here I collected my 3rd Fuse as well as my 3rd Shield part. Built my shield at this workbench. Headed towards the Rift.

Now by this time I've gotten all the parts for the Rituals as well as the Fuse Box. The following Round was a Parasite Round. So Instead of just killing them all immediately, I turned into the "Beast" and consumed a few. Opened up the rest of the Rift area excluding the Sword Chamber. 

Then I decided I'm going to go ahead and do the Rituals. So I did. However I didn't pick up any of the Worms. I left them. I also completed all 4. Went back to the Rift and ended the Round.

Now I just ran through the next few Rounds until the "Elemental" Round. Once this Round occurred I Turned into the "Beast" consumed a few, and opened the Sword Chamber. Grabbed the Egg and held onto it. 

The next phase of Rounds I summoned the Civil Protector in every District getting kills there the entire Round. Once this was completed, I went back into the Rift for the 3rd "Elemental" Round. This is the one where the Margwa Spawns in. 

This is when I began to collect the parts for the Apothicon Servant. I collected the Heart from this Margwa. I then started opening all the Pods to acquire the "Margwa Tail". I hadn't touched a Pod until this point.

I also collected all the Worms and placed them in the Pedestals. I did not activate PaP. I gathered the Worms In this particular order. The same in which I completed the "Rituals" where I got the *Ding*  all 4x, Footlight, Junction/Rift, Canals, & Waterfront.

I finally got the Xenomatter and built the Apohicon Servant on Round 24-25. Beginning of a Parasite/Elemental Round. This is when I activated PaP. The following Round Filled the Apothicon Egg. I also activated the Civil Protector in each district once again.

Once completed I traded out the A.S. for the Vesper. I placed the Egg & grabbed my Sword. I immediately killed with it. 

I ran some more Rounds, doing Various differentt things. Not of any importance. Anyhow I had accumulated around 150,000pts. Well I spent roughly 120,000 on the box and never did get it back. 

Unfortunately I ended up dying, and didnt get to test some things. I'm about to start up another game, except this time I'm leaving it in color. I dont suggest playing with it in B&W for very long.

TL;DR A summary of the game I just played. This is now the second time I've spent well over 100,000pts, and didn't get the A.S. back.

We're getting close boyyyys were getting close.

Great job striving!

What exactly are you doing to get a ding?

I got a ding yesterday, but i had no idea what for.

--

I wanted you to hear this: before opening pap the trap chains are quiet, once pap is open, they rattle loudly. Surely a clue. But for upgrading traps, out something more?

Edit: you must open pap and have the egg, in either order, to get the chains to rattle.

Edited by 83457
10 hours ago, Rissole25 said:

How would you guys feel if the way to upgrade it wasn't in the game from the start, and only added in via a patch. The Binding of Isaac had a similar thing which got a bit of backlash, I'm just curious if people would be fine with that or not?

I guess I would be ok with this, but I really think it should be clear to us the fans/players whether or not it is possible to upgrade.  I know they love the cryptic "ohhhh maybe it is maybe it isn't ohhhhh wouldn't you like to know" stuff, but I really think it is unfair to the people who are working to find an upgrade if in fact none exists.

I look at it like the ray gun mk 2.  It got added in to the other maps via patch, and I think that was fine, but nobody was running tranzit streams every day searching for the Ray gun mk 2 for 6 months before lol.  

11 hours ago, Rissole25 said:

How would you guys feel if the way to upgrade it wasn't in the game from the start, and only added in via a patch. The Binding of Isaac had a similar thing which got a bit of backlash, I'm just curious if people would be fine with that or not?

That would imply that there was not a way to upgrade it in the first place (or they removed it), which would be far worse. If they did add it in with a patch then I would be grateful that they made the right choice and obviously saw how desperately people were looking for it and decided to throw us a bone. If they didn't add it in with a patch and there isn't a way to upgrade it as is then that would piss me off a lot more.

But I believe that there is, and has always been, a legit way to upgrade it from day 1.

I see/hear so many people talk about these "dings"

The only dings I ever hear are when I pack a punch and get my 100th kill with my Lil arnies. 

My perks drank, miles ran etc. are in the top 1500 in the world(xbox1) and literally every game I grab the wonder weapon. (Just showing how much I play)

When you get an audio que from the wonder weapon it doesn't ding. It talks to you. I'm pretty confident these dings are not what you are looking for.

and after everything is said and done. The "unpack-a-punched" version is already op to me. Especially with alchemical antithesis.