How to upgrade the Apothican Servant legit?

This is what's going to lead us to figuring this "Unsolvable Puzzle" out. Nice thinking guys. Now I think that the Upgraded Trip Mines are a necessity or "Required". I cannot confirm this. However, in that game I had me some Devil-O-Doughnuts.

Speaking of that game. I did almost all of the achievements.

• I ate my entire pack of GobbleGums.
  • The Spider & The Fly: Kill 10 Zombies ensnared by a single W.W. grenade.
  • Strike!: Kill 10 Zombies with a single boost with the Shield.
  • Para-Site Seeing: Kill 5 Parasites in a single Train Ride.
  • From the Shadows: Spot the Shadow Man 5x.
  • Sorry we're DEAD: Kill 10 Zombies in a store.
  • Beat Cop: Summon the Civil Protector in every District. 

On top of all this I did a few of the Upgrade quests. 

• Upgraded Trip-Mines: Devil-O-Doughnuts
  • Upgraded Lil' Arnie
  • Upgraded Sword
  • Acquired Margwa Mask
  • Almost forgot, I listened to every single phone call. The ones before the Ritual, after the Ritual, & the Train calls as well.

I'm pretty sure I got the heart from doing the PaP ritual. I let all the others fade away. I built it in the Footlight District. 

Edited by Ragdo11706
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some points and q's. Some taken from earlier posts to draw attention.

When shooting the Mawgra hearts from the train, that's in human form with regular guns, correct?

Purple Mawgra? I'm missing something.

Purple upgraded Trip Mines, Arnie, unpap'd  Fisty WW. Keepers are red, like the upgraded Fisty WW. Someone mentioned 'feeding the keepers' and someone mentioned having this egg, never getting rid of it (and holding [?] the keepers was mentioned). Maybe feed it/the souls to the keepers? And a purple Mawgra... Does it have a dropped heart that you can construct Fisty with, for the upgraded version?

Are we supposed to do something while the Arnie upgrade dance is happening, while all of the zombies are hypnotized? Like attempting to PaP Fisty? Or checking out the Mystery Grapples during this time? Grabbing the Mystery Letter/bottle/victim of Canals? Looking at that same time at the 3 other ritual (cane, hat, bow tie) locations?

I don't have a 360 team... But i can think of shit.

We must use the Quotes to our advantage. What this Device says is of importance. I believe there are no specific quotes that we need from this device but just a certain amount before we continue our quest. Considering that one of the quotes translated is something about an Oath or a Bind to the weapon. This means we as the player must use the weapon enough to acquire the quotes necessary to bind our character with the weapon (metaphorically) and thus we can find out what else must be done. The quotes play no role other than to cue the player, the quotes themselves do not activate anything other than that thing in your mind that makes you wonder what might be next. Upgrading this weapon is becoming more of hassle than understanding the Zombies Lore. That is truly saying something.

I got a weird samantha laugh the other day, I had the apothicon servant and fired it at the ground in front of the mystery box (mid-spin) once the blast finished, the typical "BUAHAAHAHHAAHHA" noise happened... I didn't get a teddy either. 

Also, if you notice in one of the windows in the footlight areas has a teddy bear on the inside of it. I tried to shoot it with a gun, a mar-arstuagwa blast, and other things. No avail. 

In regards to the teddy bears, there are at least four through out the map. One is definitely in Ruby Rabbit's ritual room on the second floor but as of yet have no use. As far as the teddys are concerned, they are just a big reference. It would be nice if the bears could activate something like something involving the Servant? xC

Might be something:

I posted in the other thread too.

After PaP is open, the red circles glow (ember, shimmer, sparkle).

Using a PaP'd gun, stand in the circle and shoot. If you step out, the sparkles go away (every circle turns off). I tried in my character's circle, and it kept sparkling even when she stepped out of it.

Anyone know what this is about?

NonPaP'd guns don't seem to affect it. It makes sense, since this starts when PaP is activated.

The Arch-Ovum step seems to end this.

So it seems as if we must get x kills in/at our character's circle with pap guns before doing swords.

Maybe stay for a round, maybe stay in the circle, I'm just guessing at this point.

It was way late at night and late in the game at this point, so it was hard to stay in place so i gave up until i can try at a lower round.

If this is a known step, please explain it to me.

Edit: i just remembered; the first thing i tried was the BBs (Upgraded Trip Mines), I set one in the exact center of the circle, it went off, and so did the circle. The circle (non character specific one) stayed on as long as i got kills while in the circle. I tried BB kills at each circle, that didn't seem to work, but the inconsistency is quite consistent in cod games, so maybe i just need to do the right thing 5 times before it works correctly.

Edited by 83457
9 minutes ago, 83457 said:

After PaP is open, the red circles glow

This is normal and intended behavior coming from these make-shift rituals in front of various ritual sites in each district. These are strictly for upgrading the Sword from it's Electric state to it's Enhanced state. The Enhanced state allows for an A.I. sword to follow you and can borderline protect you. Whatever glowing you seem to be witnessing is because you opened the PaP. Once you complete the PaP ritual, you enable all the bonus things that are activated with it. The Kraken Creature in the Sky, the Glow is activated for those Make-Shift rituals, and the world changes in general. It's completely possible for there to be more to the Make-Shift rituals but since after completing an Arch-Ovum egg, it ceases to glow, it's safe to say that it's only purpose is to power that Arch-Ovum.

The one fact that I've been reading throughout all forums across the interwebs that sticks to me is the fact that Treyarch does not make an Easter Egg that will at some point if not done to a T "Implode", if you will. These Easter Eggs are repeatable after failure and achievable after completion. So, to summarize, those make-shift rituals are nothing more than Arch-Ovum nutrition.

Edited by DrVonstool

There was a tip from a local Man that the Wonder Weapon needs three specific quotes to be activated. Whether or not these quotes are in fact required is another question altogether. The fact is, after these quotes were posted and listened to by me, I noticed that some of them have yet to be discovered. Three quotes to tell you how you're doing and a final one to tell you that you've done it, yet from there we hit a brick wall the size of Tranzit's Power feature. Where most people can figure out a way to turn on the power, others fall short and trap themselves in a white room with zombies everywhere. So, the only questions that remain are how do we illicit these quotes directly and after soliciting these quotes from the Device, what to do? Suggestions can range and vary but the pinnacle is why all this fuss for a weapon that may not be entirely worth our trouble is so difficult to achieve. Maybe the fun is within the difficulty and thus adds tot he playability of the map. However, I must contest that it is confirmed bar-none that Shadows of Evil is Tranzit 2.0.

If you don't believe me, then you have already succumb to the disease. The T-Virus.

To DrV,

Well, then why do they turn off if you get PaP gun kills in them and then step out of them?

Why doesn't that happen with your character's specific circle?

If it is solely for the Ovum step (with which i am familiar), why would other actions cause it to stop glowing?

If i ignore them, they always glow. If i get kills in them, with a PaP gun, then step out, they turn off.

That seems a bit specific.

Just now, 83457 said:

Well, then why do they turn off if you get PaP gun kills in them and then step out of them?

This is a possible new hypothesis to run through the game but I assume that you already ran this hypothesis through the game with no clear results, right? If so, then I don't know what to say. If you chip at something and nothing is getting chipped away then I guess you can keep chipping at it. On the other hand, your getting tired of chipping aren't you? Getting exhausted with the wailing at an indestructible wall with a face of mocking. It's like Pink Floyd's The Wall. We have to... Wait for the Worms.

I digress, if you believe there is something more than you should try to see if this is so. However, I must pass this on to you. If Shadows of Evil is anything like Tranzito than expect things to malfunction. Hence, the glow disappearing and reappearing after you step out. I hold my bucket of hope upside-down most of the time, so as to keep it from overflowing.

Just now, DrVonstool said:

This is a possible new hypothesis to run through the game but I assume that you already ran this hypothesis through the game with no clear results, right? If so, then I don't know what to say. If you chip at something and nothing is getting chipped away then I guess you can keep chipping at it. On the other hand, your getting tired of chipping aren't you? Getting exhausted with the wailing at an indestructible wall with a face of mocking. It's like Pink Floyd's The Wall. We have to... Wait for the Worms.

I digress, if you believe there is something more than you should try to see if this is so. However, I must pass this on to you. If Shadows of Evil is anything like Tranzito than expect things to malfunction. Hence, the glow disappearing and reappearing after you step out. I hold my bucket of hope upside-down most of the time, so as to keep it from overflowing.

Well sure. No sane person would rule out glitches in a cod game, especially by Treyarch, and super especially in Zombies.

I have not fleshed this out. I have only discovered it and have barely begun to dig. I'm not one of the folk who wouldn't give up on TranZit, but this really appears to be a genuine lead.

Again, not ruling out glitches, but this is the strongest lead I've seen in a while.

Also, locations in zombies do get multiple uses, and a large symbol on the ground could be more important than just one step.

For example: we use the altars for rituals, then swords, then the flag step.

These could be for upgrading swords, and something else. Maybe they trigger the audio cue of which you spoke.

1 minute ago, 83457 said:

Maybe they trigger the audio cue of which you spoke.

You know, you have certainly persuaded this hypothesis enough to entice me to try it out on Xbone. Since you are able to do this on the 360, it's only possible that the Xbone would also feature this. I'll see about trying out this theory. Until then, we all have the T-Virus.

9 minutes ago, DrVonstool said:

You know, you have certainly persuaded this hypothesis enough to entice me to try it out on Xbone. Since you are able to do this on the 360, it's only possible that the Xbone would also feature this. I'll see about trying out this theory. Until then, we all have the T-Virus.

Beats the herpaids.

If this is just another mindless glitch, i am sorry. But it seems legit and i need more than one old, blind, 360 solo player looking at it.

I only have the most basic info on it: that it can be manipulated by a pap gun, right after pap.

That's all i have, so go at it with an open mind. I only played with this one game, in rounds too high to carefully explore it, at 3+am, while exhausted. So I'm fairly sure that it's something, but what exactly it is what we need to discover.

Good luck and i hope we aren't snipe hunting.

10 minutes ago, mmm chocolate said:

how is it that theres only a handful of people talking about anything new? 

YouTube.

Got to be the first. Can't share your finds until it's profitable.

Not me. I shared the zombie cloning trick and most zombies players will never know my gt.

No Youtube cash for me. But i love sharing info.

I would just like to point out that YouTube and Money have ruined all things fun about everything. Hilarity on YouTube has become forced hilarity for the sake of views and income. Genuine comedians and genuine people have been replaced by Editing, Quick Cuts, and useless information that bring my skin to a light peel. YouTube is my motivation to counter the mainstream world in that creativity and honesty is more important and more profitable emotionally and mentally than becoming a slave to Viacom and Google. 

On the topic of sharing, sharing is caring. Sharing your new discoveries shows that you care about the fast and efficient progress of the completion of your discovery. It proves to not only yourself but to the community that you care about others well-being (anxiety over not knowing) and others interest (the thrill of giving others the chance to discover). You become a giver not a taker and thus Dio honors you the "Heaven and Hell" Badge of Honor.

By the way, "Heaven and Hell" Badge of Honor should exist in CoDZ forums to encourage people to share. Those who share anything related to a new discovery that leads to an even bigger discovery should ultimately receive this but those who try to discover and fail to find something new but shared nonetheless should also receive this badge. Or maybe just develop a system, that encourages users to go into the zombie world and discover and share.  So as to not leave the burden of discovery on veterans who only have a couple more years before maturity kicks in and I move on with my life. Oh, and these rewards should be considered a privilege, something that can be taken away. So as to show who's a giver and who's a taker. Because the less that you give.. Ect.

I feel the teddy bears are really important, but how to activate them? 

If there's one in the footlight district's window, and another in the ruby rabbit's second floor, where are the other 2? 

-A list of things to try

web-grenades

Apothicon's servant blasts

shooting it with a specific weapon PAP or not PAPed

Little armies

Maybe the upgraded sword? The floodlight bear is out of map, so I don't think it'd be anything to do with melee attacks or close-range uses. Maybe we have to thunderwall a zombie at it? Or the upgraded trip mines? 

SMM, today was the first that i heard of them, thanks for bringing that up.

----

On the red circles: they have circles in them that i don't understand. They may be a reference to the circle itself.

In the center of the circle is 40.

Around the edges are:

Circle, 4 (Ovum 4 circles?)

Circle, 4 (Something else that must be done with the 4 circles?). Or reverse order.

30, 10 (wider 10 symbol), 10 (Regular size), 30, 30, 10 (Wide). Then it gets back to circle 1 above. I couldn't find a different number for the larger  triangle, but there must be a reason (maybe it signifies 100?).

So there are 2 small circles, and the circle itself contains 2 large circles. This may imply that there are 2 things.

A guess: Do something on, or by round 40. Get 40 kills for one part of this. Or 4 players get 10 kills at the same time. The Sword will still hack through crowds after 40...

So then what is 30, 10L, 10, 30, 30, 10L?

BB kills + Upgraded LA kills + PaP kills (or unupgraded ww kills?).

+ Ovum steps done by round 40 = Tranzit Virus or Upgraded ww...

Just trying to get that ball rolling. In game now and wanted to correctly describe the circle as i feel it contains information.

Edited by 83457

New Discovery!

The Arch-Ovum step just acted out of the ordinary! After trying to kill zombies in the glowing circle and realizing nothing was happening, I decided to proceed with my game and upgrade the sword. I was at the last upgrade and was prepared to end my search until I realized that after I activated the egg, you can stand inside the circle and a light will appear around the ritual circle. It was a white glowing light that surrounded me. However, I was pressured by the Margwa to either run out of the circle or simply to kill the Margwa entirely. However, this means that there may be more to this Arch-Ovum step than expected. Whether or not it's related to the Servant's upgrade will soon to be decided. Also, accompanied by this light is an indication of something happening. A sound cue not a Voice Cue but a sound similar to the noise that plays when you place your egg in the Cthulu "Egg Holders". Again, I'll have to restart my match and try to see what happens beyond this but it's a discovery nonetheless.

Edited by DrVonstool
35 minutes ago, DrVonstool said:

New Discovery!

The Arch-Ovum step just acted out of the ordinary! After trying to kill zombies in the glowing circle and realizing nothing was happening, I decided to proceed with my game and upgrade the sword. I was at the last upgrade and was prepared to end my search until I realized that after I activated the egg, you can stand inside the circle and a light will appear around the ritual circle. It was a white glowing light that surrounded me. However, I was pressured by the Margwa to either run out of the circle or simply to kill the Margwa entirely. However, this means that there may be more to this Arch-Ovum step than expected. Whether or not it's related to the Servant's upgrade will soon to be decided. Also, accompanied by this light is an indication of something happening. A sound cue not a Voice Cue but a sound similar to the noise that plays when you place your egg in the Cthulu "Egg Holders". Again, I'll have to restart my match and try to see what happens beyond this but it's a discovery nonetheless.

Can you post some footage of this?

I'll start up my stream right now and you can see first hand how this works. The redness that originally surrounds the egg becomes white once your character enters the area. However, once my crawler or the Margwa comes into the circle, the redness returns. It's a strange occurrence. My Twitch.TV name is JoJTheRat. Either view my gameplay there or I can record in theater later and post it to my account.

Some shit news, I just ended my game while trying to start up Twitch. -.- I can still do it all over again, it's a repeatable thing.

Edited by DrVonstool

Alright, I'm att he Arch-Ovum part and it's acting as suspected. Once you stand upon the "Star" symbol that's in the center, all the redness will become white and a noise will play. I haven't a clear idea of what to do with this event.

Update: I think I know what it does. It charges your sword. I decided that the noise was a little strange and so was the whiteness and the uselessness of it. So, I whipped out the sword and an Audio Cue played. A cue for the sword because I don't have the Servant at this point. Either way, this must be a way for the player to attack the Margwa and have a fully charged Sword by the end of it.

Edited by DrVonstool
1 hour ago, DrVonstool said:

Alright, I'm att he Arch-Ovum part and it's acting as suspected. Once you stand upon the "Star" symbol that's in the center, all the redness will become white and a noise will play. I haven't a clear idea of what to do with this event.

Update: I think I know what it does. It charges your sword. I decided that the noise was a little strange and so was the whiteness and the uselessness of it. So, I whipped out the sword and an Audio Cue played. A cue for the sword because I don't have the Servant at this point. Either way, this must be a way for the player to attack the Margwa and have a fully charged Sword by the end of it.

I think you are the first to find out that. I never knew it did that and am glad you tried it out.

@Nightmare Voyager Thank you! I'm happy to see you approve, Senpai! 

The only downside to this discovery is the fact that it's an immediate dead-end. No continuance of the Servant's progress. However, there is word about in the community that the Apothican quotes we hear are the only quotes we need. For example, if you are using the Servant and suddenly while using it you hear an Audio Cue (Has to be one of the three that I've heard, apparently) this will indicate that the next step is activated. The only wall we face now is the next step. I'm sure plenty of people can get audio cues from this weapon like nothing but whether or not the cues say what needs to be said is another path to insanity.

Also, just a little side note, have we ever considered what this voice is? Could the voice that is speaking to us be the voice that Stuhlinger was hearing in Die Rise? Some believe that it's the device but the device has no mouth, only eyes. Plus, the voice speaks even when you hold a regular sword which is confusing because if I were to hear the voice it would always be with the upgraded sword and even then I thought it was the sword talking. No, I feel that Stuhlinger heard the voice but couldn't hear it clearly. I don't think they sound alike in anyway, but the holiness of the voice and the divinity in the way it speaks just reminds me of how the voice in Die Rise would moan. As if it was a God being weakened by an unnatural force. I don't know, it's just an observation. Maybe the Tranzit crew is not entirely useless. Maybe we'll see them again, likely not, hopefully not. The possibility is there, though.