How to upgrade the Apothican Servant legit?

@ChinaRepublic It's absolutely possible but what? I saw a video today of someone using the Servant and receiving the alleged audio cue that plays a short voice over and that's it. I noticed that he used the Servant to suck up zombies and flies. Once finished the Parasite screamed in agony and the audio cue played. The obscurity of the audio cues is slowly becoming less obscure but even with possible evidence showing that one must suck in X amount of zombies or parasites, I'd personally need confirmation or I'd have to do it myself. Which I might do later, depending on how I feel. Sometimes I just don't care about this game and other times I feel that a theory of mine may work. It usually ends with me either being disconnected or my theory was wrong and I just ended my game to watch The Daily Show.

The one thing that may be a variable for the Upgrade is the book. Whether or not it needs to be floating or is completely irrelevant is information that I need so I can stop talking about the Book. I mean, this book is still floating there! It's just there saying, "Fuck you, guess why I'm here!" and there I am, "I don't know! Please just tell me!". Then, it proceeds to eat my brain and forces me to hold a grenade and kill myself. Which is fine, I don't mind. Still, the only lead we have is that book and the fact that this gun acts like a vortex. Our leads as to what we need to shoot and where we should start looking are flat lining at best. I shoot my Apothican Cock all over the map. I spray it and lay it like it's no one's business but I get no audio cues or direct sounds that say, "Hey, you did somethin'". It's completely possible that you can only upgrade in a full game or in a game with more than one player. Which, if this is the case, I'm pretty much done! 

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just hope we are not searching for a red herring. Although transit was fun searching do we really want a repeat? Treyarch are notorious for taking stuff away from us. Remember the jet gun, the sliquifier. It could be possible they realised through lack of knowledge how good some players actually are. Their knee jerk reaction is to restrain them from playing to ridiculously high rounds.

i hope this is not the case, but seriously who here trusts Treyarch from past experience? Ps it's still fun searching, that's what got me hooked on zombies but people can only take so much before giving up completely.

New to posting on the forum here but there's a couple of things really bugging me I mainly play solo but what I've noticed that I've not really seen mentioned is chime sound the red circles make when upgrading the sword when you walk through them   they only chime if it's your arch novum that's active you won't hear it when passing through  another players . I tried killing the margwas with the sword inside the circles I only managed 2 of 4 so far it's tricky . 

Also the audio q with the servant is really getting to me I heard it last night around round 20 while running in the rift by widows wine sucking zombies up. I'll try to re create it later . I feel like the chime /margwas/sword all have a part to play although I've heard there are multiple versions of the sword. Maybe related to that .  Also noted that after the circle stage of the swords are complete the circles have symbols all around them , so too does the pap machine I'm not sure how they relate but I'm sure they do.   Kinda scatterbrained theories I know but just some observations dunno if anyone else makes anything of them 

Well the Cocoons have been spawned in game. Forcefully but they are in there nonetheless. I've got the image & would like to share it, therefore I can give you my hypothetical view on what this may actually be.

svMUma3.png.942766422e51d1739b4bcdeec16d

(Mods delete this if it shouldn't be in here, I just wanna figure this out).

So as you can see this is what the "Cocoons" in SoE look like. Now let me give you my opiniono n what we need to do. If you look closely at it, it looks very similar to what the Arch-Ovum we acquire from the Keeper.

Now we have the Apothicon Servant & we have an Apothicon Egg. When we first receive the "Egg" it appears to be covered in Spider Webs. Almost as if it's forming a Cocoon. If you listen to the charactersq quotes while fillingt "Egg" you can hear them talk about how big & how heavy it becomes.

Now once we receive the Arch-Ovum, it appears that a Cocoon has actually formed. Not too mention whilst in the Keepers hands it's the same color, & not Black how it appears in our menu. 

My thinking is this. Once we've gotten the 2 quotes we've been getting. We then need to take the "Apothicon Servant" and put it inside the "Apothicon Egg" so it can Upgrade itself. I know it's an Egg & the first ones used for the Sword itself. But I believe Treyarch have done this to throw us off course.

We never actually do anything with the Arch-Ovum. We just give the Keeper the "Apothicon Sword" & they Upgrade it to the "Keeper Sword". At which time I believe, if done correctly would also be the point in which the "Apothicon Servant" would be upgraded as well. Thus explaining why we can only do it Once per Round. Giving it time to Mature.

@DrVonstool I'm glad I'm not the only one that God forsaken "Book" has driven crazy.

Edited by Ragdo11706
1 hour ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Well the Cocoons have been spawned in game. Forcefully but they are in there nonetheless. I've got the image & would like to share it, therefore I can give you my hypothetical view on what this may actually be.

svMUma3.png.942766422e51d1739b4bcdeec16d

(Mods delete this if it shouldn't be in here, I just wanna figure this out).

So as you can see this is what the "Cocoons" in SoE look like. Now let me give you my opiniono n what we need to do. If you look closely at it, it looks very similar to what the Arch-Ovum we acquire from the Keeper.

Now we have the Apothicon Servant & we have an Apothicon Egg. When we first receive the "Egg" it appears to be covered in Spider Webs. Almost as if it's forming a Cocoon. If you listen to the charactersq quotes while fillingt "Egg" you can hear them talk about how big & how heavy it becomes.

Now once we receive the Arch-Ovum, it appears that a Cocoon has actually formed. Not too mention whilst in the Keepers hands it's the same color, & not Black how it appears in our menu. 

My thinking is this. Once we've gotten the 2 quotes we've been getting. We then need to take the "Apothicon Servant" and put it inside the "Apothicon Egg" so it can Upgrade itself. I know it's an Egg & the first ones used for the Sword itself. But I believe Treyarch have done this to throw us off course.

We never actually do anything with the Arch-Ovum. We just give the Keeper the "Apothicon Sword" & they Upgrade it to the "Keeper Sword". At which time I believe, if done correctly would also be the point in which the "Apothicon Servant" would be upgraded as well. Thus explaining why we can only do it Once per Round. Giving it time to Mature.

@DrVonstool I'm glad I'm not the only one that God forsaken "Book" has driven crazy.

Yeah but you actually place the cocoon down in a place where you can't access as a normal player, its too high. Also it kind of looks like the eggs but not exactly and you know, its a COCOON, not an egg. They are different.

@Nightmare Voyager What in-game evidence do we have to prove that we must place it somewhere? How do we know that it doesn't just spawn in randomly based on an action? How do we know that this is even acquirable? It's great to see things being manipulated into the game or modded into the game but the problem with this is the fact that it's manipulated and/or modded. I like to think that People who get to manipulate certain things into the game don't help the on-going hunt but hurt it. Here we are, with an image of a cocoon but we don't know how to actually get to it. The room is getting hotter and all these sweaty boys are getting angrier. Quick! Reach for the lights!

22 minutes ago, DrVonstool said:

@Nightmare Voyager What in-game evidence do we have to prove that we must place it somewhere? How do we know that it doesn't just spawn in randomly based on an action? How do we know that this is even acquirable? It's great to see things being manipulated into the game or modded into the game but the problem with this is the fact that it's manipulated and/or modded. I like to think that People who get to manipulate certain things into the game don't help the on-going hunt but hurt it. Here we are, with an image of a cocoon but we don't know how to actually get to it. The room is getting hotter and all these sweaty boys are getting angrier. Quick! Reach for the lights!

It isn't in game evidence, its in the code. This was also found using code manipulation so you can't even play that card when talking about this stuff. I like how you are just making fun of me now when you obviously haven't looked into this stuff, theres no need for it really. I am just stating what I have literally seen people post on that reddit, the same people who found the Cocoon in the first place and the people who managed to spawn this thing in. 

"in game evidence" thats such a joke, you know fine well nobody has figured this out yet, so don't even think that backs up your ungrounded argument.

@Nightmare Voyager There's no argument because there's no easter egg here. Just someone with the capabilities to manually spawn in a cocoon that was left in the game files. I just don't see how it confirms anything or continues our search. It's like driving to the Grand Canyon and being more excited about the Advertisements we see on the way there about the Grand Canyon than the Grand Canyon itself. It's a detour really. An accident on the freeway that causes Rubber-Neck traffic. No argument here, just the simple observation.

45 minutes ago, DrVonstool said:

@Nightmare Voyager There's no argument because there's no easter egg here. Just someone with the capabilities to manually spawn in a cocoon that was left in the game files. I just don't see how it confirms anything or continues our search. It's like driving to the Grand Canyon and being more excited about the Advertisements we see on the way there about the Grand Canyon than the Grand Canyon itself. It's a detour really. An accident on the freeway that causes Rubber-Neck traffic. No argument here, just the simple observation.

No offense dude, but you just keep saying Grand Canyon and its making me want a map there. Anyways all I was saying was that their are steps in the files, like ways of doing this stuff, although I don't even know how you get the cocoon.

3 hours ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

I don't even know how you get the cocoon.

This is the only reason why I said anything. You don't know how that car accident happened, you just want to look at it! I agree the Grand Canyon would be cool. I actually wrote a Treyarch Zombies Inspired book that involves the Grand Canyon. In the book, I have explorers from 1869 fall into a hole within the caves of the Canyon. This hole leads them to fall straight into Shangri-La below. I don't know, I wrote it in High School and at the time it was super wicked. Anyways, the only reason I get a little flustered with the "Look waht I found in the code" stuff is quoted by you. I just want someone to legitimately do something or find something without spawning it in, taking a picture, and watching your views sky-rocket in threads because you said "NEXT STEP EE" then in thread it's "LOL I can't do it legit, I spawned it in PC MASTER RACE", you get the idea. It's a tease, really. A tease to the possibilities that may or may not exist.

If you guys would listen to me I've had the next "Step" happen to me. Look at my post on here from a week or two ago.

This was before we ever knew anything about a "Cocoon" even existing. I'm trying to tell you why no progress is being made. 

Eventually you've got to put down the Apothicon Servant. In other words replace it with another weapon. No wonder no progress is being made. Everyone is running around still holding the damn thing. 

By doing so, this allows the first one to be taken out of the Mystery Box. Therefore the next Step becoming activated. Which then will lead to progression and the second form being built. 

It's not that far fetched if you actually stop and think about it. We have made this way more difficult and complicated than it needs to be. It's right in front of us but everyone has tunnel vision, so there not seeing clearly.

6 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

If you guys would listen to me I've had the next "Step" happen to me. Look at my post on here from a week or two ago.

This was before we ever knew anything about a "Cocoon" even existing. I'm trying to tell you why no progress is being made. 

Eventually you've got to put down the Apothicon Servant. In other words replace it with another weapon. No wonder no progress is being made. Everyone is running around still holding the damn thing. 

By doing so, this allows the first one to be taken out of the Mystery Box. Therefore the next Step becoming activated. Which then will lead to progression and the second form being built. 

It's not that far fetched if you actually stop and think about it. We have made this way more difficult and complicated than it needs to be. It's right in front of us but everyone has tunnel vision, so there not seeing clearly.

Read something about this somewhere. Apparently somebody found code that reads something similar to "IDGUN_QUEST_REMOVE_BOX."

Two people referencing this really makes me believe it's a step. I'll post the link where I got the code if I find it.

9 hours ago, ChinaRepublic said:

Read something about this somewhere. Apparently somebody found code that reads something similar to "IDGUN_QUEST_REMOVE_BOX."

Two people referencing this really makes me believe it's a step. I'll post the link where I got the code if I find it.

Seriously go look at the post I made from my game like two weeks ago. I even stated then it was a weird ass game. I can't remember exactly what I did, but it was around the time that @Chopper had told me about how to make the Margwa not spawn in.

I was messing around with the "Apothicon Egg" after I built the "Apothicon Servant". Somewhere in between the madness I ran out of Ammo (W.W.) & replaced it for the Vesper (Canals-Rift). At the time none of this code had been released or revealed to anyone (AKAIK).

14 hours ago, ChinaRepublic said:

Here's the Reddit post I found it on, http://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/comments/3w84x7/megathread_soe_wonder_weapon_upgrading_updated/, and here is the actually coding dump; http://pastebin.com/fLG5up8a.

Looks extremely interesting, especially add_idgun_to_box int remove_idgun_from_box second_idgun_time.

Interesting.

It kind of makes sense in a game balancing way (which is odd for trollarch) in that, normally only one player has the WW, by requiring it to be recycled, you let others have a chance at it.

Then we saw the 'everyone can take it' glitch return. Maybe because when it is properly upgraded, everyone can take their named version. Maybe the programmers are just sloppy. Shrug.

So, hypothetically, each player would need to get it, do something to it, then return it to the box.

A guess would be that each player needs 100 kills with it at their players ritual location. Possibly with BBs, and LAs.

Edited in: i thought someone cycled the gun, but never saw the gun in the box, in the cycling animation. Maybe because once you've had it, you're done, it won't come back to you. Each player must get it. Then, after all have had it, it appears on the bench again, upgraded./edit.

Possibly, each must destroy a cthulu statue with the WW, BBs, upgraded Arnies. (Because of the destroy statue sound file). Can each player upgrade LA? This might explain why the upgraded TM (BBs) fire a focused column of purple as compared to the double rings of death of the unupgraded version. The upgraded ones also destroy your shield-an upgraded shield connection?

A similar book to the Nero's floating book is in several locations. Maybe we need to get them all to float. I think, but am not positive, that the Nero book is originally on the table and then moved to the floor before it becomes interactable. Maybe that other book is still there and I'm just thinking that it moved. I'll try to check this out later.

Has anyone tried upgrading the WW during the flag step? The flag is in the subway, near the pap. It could be a clue.

Or maybe you need to jump into the abyss with it to properly get it into the box. Grr. You never know until you know.

Happy hunting!

Edited by 83457
Crazy talk

I did as one suggested, I put the gun back into the box and pulled it out again and received a noise when I was using it. A noise like the voice "Arg blarg blig blarg" telling me stuff. Although, nothing else happened. It could be that this is one way to get a voice cue from the device or maybe it was coincidental that I got the voice cue. I'll keep doing it every chance I get to see what results may vary. In any case, it seemed that putting it in the box and pulling it out was the primary reason for the voice cue until further evidence presents itself.

This is more concerning the upgraded shield, but possibly connected.

I believe we can "hold" onto the gatekeepers for a reason. Has anyone tried bowling a strike on the gatekeepers, it would require gathering them 2 at a time (in one round to make it easier),  plus we have 4 in subway and the 6 or so that spawn during a ritual. So lets try to gather at least 10, and then,  send em flying with a preferably upgraded shield.

p.s. To get an upgraded shield you must bowl a perfect game of 300, meaning you must kill at least 10 zombies in a single rocket boost, and then do this a total of 10 times .(killing less than 10 in a boost will reset progress) find nitrous tanks around the map to refill your rocket boosts.

Hmmm. I also considered bowling over a mawgra with the upgrade. I haven't got to it though.

------

Speculation that i wish to try:

Okay, so after the PaP ritual, we get an audio cue from Maxis available.

We have a lone dead guy by the Canal Tram with a letter marked W (upside down M for maxis?).

By the far end of Canal is a workbench with 2 boxes, 1 marked [4D.OCT01.004] with [2008.05.15] underneath, which would be most of a month before SNN came out, iirc.

We know that Big Arnie (upgraded) grabs things before his upgrade.

So 2+2= trigger audio cue, grab the M letter with Arnies, put in box for future Maxis (Der Riese was the first we heard of Maxis, iirc. We got the characters in SNN, but i don't think Maxis was mentioned, even though 'the Giant' was). 

Maybe upgraded trip mines are needed. Maybe the WW is needed.

Off to mess around with this.

Edited by 83457
Clearer info
On Saturday, December 12, 2015 at 7:59 PM, Ragdo11706 said:

So if what you are saying is correct. Wouldn't it make sense that you put the weapon in to the box, then do the Easter egg steps to get the purple margwa.  I believe they are the ones that drop the unreachable margwa heart. 

The theory is that you get the second heart and use the same other two parts to craft the second WW. 

Doesn't exactly solve the upgrade process, but it could unlock the next step once you have both WW'S.

So to paraphrase

1. Get Apothicon Servant

2. Put it in the box

3. Complete EE and kill Purple margwa

4. Build second WW

5. Get Apothicon Servant out of the box. 

Is it possible to do that part of the EE on solo?