How to upgrade the Apothican Servant legit?

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

That being said, we could never obtain any of those weapons upgrades on any of those maps. But we could here. Treyarch would (should) know better then to tease us with the best weapon ever, just to rip it away after two weeks. 

You could access them on PC with console commands, which you'll probably be able to do on Shadows when the mod tools come out.

I'm of the opinion now (since there has been not a hint of progress so far) that the gun was cut and they left the files in, and just didn't anticipate that there would be a bug to allow players to access it or even know about it. But I agree, now we've had it, it's pretty bullshit to just completely remove it. I mean we don't even get it for 60 secs with a gumball? Really Treyarch? How about you stop fixing the 'glitches' that actually make the game more fun and fix the more pressing issues like the random crashing and shitty servers first? Or better still, with the next patch add a small EE to actually upgrade it legit, it wouldn't be hard at all, I know people who could code something like that in in no time at all

Edit: Although if the last patch is anything to go by, perhaps they shouldn't touch the scripts, seeing as they managed to somehow take a perfectly working feature and transform it into a gamebreaking bug with the Sam taking all your guns and points for having a special thing...

Edited by steviewonder87
39 minutes ago, steviewonder87 said:

You could access them on PC with console commands, which you'll probably be able to do on Shadows when the mod tools come out.

I'm of the opinion now (since there has been not a hint of progress so far) that the gun was cut and they left the files in, and just didn't anticipate that there would be a bug to allow players to access it or even know about it. But I agree, now we've had it, it's pretty bullshit to just completely remove it. I mean we don't even get it for 60 secs with a gumball? Really Treyarch? How about you stop fixing the 'glitches' that actually make the game more fun and fix the more pressing issues like the random crashing and shitty servers first? Or better still, with the next patch add a small EE to actually upgrade it legit, it wouldn't be hard at all, I know people who could code something like that in in no time at all

Edit: Although if the last patch is anything to go by, perhaps they shouldn't touch the scripts, seeing as they managed to somehow take a perfectly working feature and transform it into a gamebreaking bug with the Sam taking all your guns and points for having a special thing...

After completing the Easter egg you are able to pack a punch the wonder weapon without any kind of glitch. But if that is the only way to PAP the AS then that means you can only do it on a 4 player game

31 minutes ago, King Koopa said:

After completing the Easter egg you are able to pack a punch the wonder weapon without any kind of glitch. But if that is the only way to PAP the AS then that means you can only do it on a 4 player game

Have you verified this yourself? Or is this just an idea/rumour you heard? People, including myself, thought this may been possible (still pretty shitty since you can only do it 4 player anyway, and only one player would have it) but people who had tried it after the EE said it didn't work.

I highly doubt you can PAP the gun. Considering wall weapons can kill with infinite damage, I use blast furnace on my guns and if you horde them up, will take out the whole horde. Seen people in the 100s Vesper PAP w/Blast furnace so it's safe to say the gun cannot be PAP, if they wouldn't have patched the gobblegum than I believe it could be PAP.

Using wall guns/box with PAP upgrades is cool because you don't have to hit the box to recycle the gun, but at the same time pretty lame, the servant is an awesome WW, I'd love an upgraded version.

Edited by Kipstarjones187

I have to agree with @MixMasterNut. I think the names may have something to do with it. Last night in my game I played to 55 I was Campbell. The Apothicon Servant was the Zor-Zoratoh (spelling).

Well I'm playing right now with the same character & the Apothicon Servant is called the Kor-Maroth. I thought each character had a specific name attached to it. Clearly this is not the case. So why would the name be different, even though I'm using the exact same character.

14 minutes ago, TimelordAlex said:

it'd be cool if once you get a margwa mask, margwas no longer spawn or at least dont go after you anymore like in co-op

I was pretty excited during that game the 5 Rounds they didn't spawn. However that dream was shortly lived. Treyarch really needs to fix the spawn rate. Every 5-6 rounds like the Panzer or Brutus is fine but every 2 Rounds makes the map un-appealing to me.

1 hour ago, Ragdo11706 said:

I was pretty excited during that game the 5 Rounds they didn't spawn. However that dream was shortly lived. Treyarch really needs to fix the spawn rate. Every 5-6 rounds like the Panzer or Brutus is fine but every 2 Rounds makes the map un-appealing to me.

Its just annoying. My problem with the Margwa is two fold, and dies in with the Apothicon Servant problem. I don't want to have to leave the spot I'm training in, or camping, every round to go and kill this monster that, past round 30, takes FOREVER to kill. Or, as another option, be forced to buy a perk, either double tap 2.0 or mule kick (for the ray gun) in order to deal with him effectively. Especially now that the wonder weapon is now unpackapunchable, so now I'm restricted to 10 bullets, should I get into a panic. I can always go replace the gun... So none of this really made the map any harder. Just more frustrating, and less smooth of an experience over all. I enjoy this map, alot, its just these little things that add up to make it tedious, and make me not really want to play to the higher rounds. Not to mention, half of the strategies in my guide are ineffective due to the shots not lasting as long, and there not being enough of them now. This, in conjunction with the incredible health the margwa eventually acquires, just makes higher rounds exceedingly frustrating, and there needs to be some solution put forth.

Personally I think a Margwa every 5 rounds, or maybe every time we have a max ammo round (or both, to make it a bit more difficult) is fair. Its few and far between, and dealing with every 5 rounds is no where near as bad as dealing with every 2 or 3. It's half as many times. In addition, the health needs to be capped lower. In exchange for this make him run faster, or open his mouth less, I don't really care, but I shouldn't be forced to buy a perk to kill him in less than 5 minutes at round 40. Also, bring the PaP version of the wonder weapon back treyarch. Nerf the ammo amount, make it 20 instead of 25, but let it keep the sort of longer lasting effect that it has now. If you need to have some Easter egg to activate it that's fine, as long as you can also accomplish it in solo.

I'm ticked and annoyed at how this map is starting to feel. I've done a round 50 gameplay, and I would love to do another, or higher, if the barrier to entry and the amount of tediousness there is involving the Margwa.

But that might just be me.

Edited by shirtlesservice
15 minutes ago, ChinaRepublic said:

Is it possible Treyarch scrapped the upgraded Apothican Servant shortly before the game's release? Sure the voids change colors, you get more ammo, and it has a new name, but the gun itself looks exactly the same as it did before.

It's entirely possible yeah, but it would be a really unfortunate circumstance. Like, why make one? Why leave the files in? Why scrap it, what about it was unfair to the game? A bunch of questions pop up

2 hours ago, shirtlesservice said:

It's entirely possible yeah, but it would be a really unfortunate circumstance. Like, why make one? Why leave the files in? Why scrap it, what about it was unfair to the game? A bunch of questions pop up

I seriously doubt they took it out entirely. When you have a streamer as big as NoahJ456 actively searching on the steps to upgrade it, there's definitely a way for it to be done. I'm sure he's been told yes or no just not exactly what to do. He also seems to believe the Margwa Heads are involved. Which makes sense to me.

I don't know why this is white, so I can't see it, so forgive my spelling errors. 

So iirc there was a statement,  or rumour about there being a reward for completing the previous EE'S.  So maybe there is an EE connected to that somehow? 

My real theory is that it has something to do with the names of the gun. Do we know how many names there are, and what they could mean. Like are they a jumbled word (s), that could give us a hint. Or does the name show up somewhere on the map, etc. 

Edit: I think the margwa mask could have something to do with it. It's a cute EE, but to be purely cosmetic us strange. We have the donut trip mines EE, the mask EE, and the PAP'D Civil Protector. Just seems weird that the donut mines,  and margwa mask are in there, they seem so out of place. Maybe we have to become the margwa so to speak in order to upgrade.

Edited by BestOfAllTime32

I don't know about you guys, but when I'm Jessica every time I buy the trip mines her quote is always the same. "Perhaps this is part of an unsolvable puzzle." 

I know for a fact, once the Main Quest is completed her characters quote is, "Thats it, was that the unsolvable puzzle."  Something along those lines.

Now while playing as Nero he doesn't say anything when you buy the trip mines. However, once you've upgraded the swords & started the Quest he has different quotes he says.

Well tonight I've got the Margwa Mask & the Doughnut Mines. Every single round I complete using only the Lor-Zarozzor he says, "Perhaps I've achieved something today." Only at the end of the round, but every time I use only the W.W. 

Now with the Lil arnies upgrade, I think the next logical step to "becoming the margwa" is to upgrade the bowie knife somehow. 

We have our character upgraded with the mask, our special upgraded with the sword, our tactical upgraded, and our mines upgraded. 

If this is in fact one big EE to getting the PAP'D version of the WW, then the only two things we don't have an upgrade for are our knife, and shield.  

See this is a nice way to force us through to PAP Imo ,  if this is what this all leads to. I find it completely unnecessary, unlike the staffs, but it's easy enough to be done every game, and hard enough that the only time you will use it will be high round attempts. 

As for how we could upgrade the knife? Time to start going knife only for a few rounds, and then knifing everything on the map! No I'm just kidding. Well maybe not, but it could be similar to the Origins punch upgrade, and we need to sacrifice zombies to the ritual altars. 

I do hope there is a knife upgrade in place. Using the Spork  was one of my favourite things to do in BO2 zombies. 

Sorry if you read all of this. I'm very excited, and I absolutely love these little EE'S that 3arc has thrown in. 

Edit: I swear to a deity, that I didn't read Ragdo's thread until after this post. See this is logical Imo.  An upgraded shield,  and hopefully the bowie knife, and we have created the perfect being that can pack a punch the WW. 

Edit 2: so one last thought on the bowie knife. You know how it like never levels up the knife regardless of how many kills you get with it, but it seems to work when you knife the air with blast furnace? I wonder if that tricks the game in to thinking you have the upgraded knife. 

Edited by BestOfAllTime32

These are the things I have tried:

Upgrading with margwa mask.

Upgrading with margwa mask during beast mode

Shooting the ww at the green street light by the docks, 

shotting at all 3 rift portals

Getting kills with the ww at the pack a punch area

So, there are 4 different names for the ww, 4 different ritual sites. I believe that each name represents one ritual site. So you have to get kills with the ww at the specific ritual site. Due to the power of the weapon, I believe that you would need to get loads of kills. I will try to get 100 kills with the ww at each ritual site. Then I will go into theatre mode and see if anything happened around the map. 

The 4 different names can also mean a sequence of events that have to be followed. Maybe you have to get kills in each ritual site. With the name of the ww reffering to what ritual table you have to start at, then go clockwise or counter clockwise and get kills at each ritual site.

I am just grinding the search for this so bad. If anyone has any ideas just let me know so i can try that. Hopefully this is figured out very soon . 

@Ragdo11706 recently created a thread about this, but I thought I'd bring the same information here to the people tuned to this thread. As we all know Glitching Queen discovered the upgraded Lil' Arnies yesterday. Obviously that Easter Egg seems like a pretty hard one to discover. With Glitching Queen's magical Easter Egg hunting skills, the following picture brings me hope.

xScreenshot_2015-11-26-07-10-51.thumb.png.ca43bcb6e883ce41d925be101967b1b3.png.pagespeed.ic.c1Zx7cVkBb.png

Edited by ChinaRepublic

Ok! So I'm going to start off by saying forgive me in advance, this may get a little lengthy. 

@BestOfAllTime32 I think it's funny you mention this (upgrading knife). Earlier while playing as Jessica I bought the Bowie on Round 4. Upon purchasing her quote was "Perhaps this is part of some unsolvable puzzle."

As we all know, she says this when purchasing Trip-Mines as well. It was weird though because I at one point thought to myself, "Damn somehow I must've upgraded my Bowie." As I was one knife killing Zombies in the 20s. If I had to guess I would say consecutive Knife kills as opposed to the Lil' Arnies, total kills.

However I'm not entirely sure that's what happened. I did purchase Widows Wine after buying the Bowie. Most of the time I buy Widows Wine then the Bowie, in which I had never heard her say that particular quote before.

@zHunter115 I really thought I had worked out what it was that caused the different name of the Apothicon Servant. After @MixMasterNut gave me the idea that it had to be something with the names. That's all I could think about. Why in the actual F**K are there 4 different names. Yet not any specific one is for any character specifically. 

So basically I was thinking that when you are placing the Egg to get the Sword depending on where you placed it first (or last). Would depend on the outcome of the A.S. name. Or once you obtained the Arch-Ovum to upgrade the Sword, wherever you placed it first (or last).

However it may also depend on what Rituals you do in what order. I've just started testing this out. What I can say is placing the Egg/Arch Ovum in these orders have given me these results.

Footlight, Waterfront, Canals, Rift = Kor-Maroth. 

Canals, Waterfront, Footlight, Rift = Lor-Zarozzor

I'm not really sure of the significance of this, & I'm not even positive this is 100% accurate. Hopefully we can work together to figure it out.

Ok! So I'm going to start off by saying forgive me in advance, this may get a little lengthy. 

@BestOfAllTime32 I think it's funny you mention this (upgrading knife). Earlier while playing as Jessica I bought the Bowie on Round 4. Upon purchasing her quote was "Perhaps this is part of some unsolvable puzzle."

As we all know, she says this when purchasing Trip-Mines as well. It was weird though because I at one point thought to myself, "Damn somehow I must've upgraded my Bowie." As I was one knife killing Zombies in the 20s. If I had to guess I would say consecutive Knife kills as opposed to the Lil' Arnies, total kills.

However I'm not entirely sure that's what happened. I did purchase Widows Wine after buying the Bowie. Most of the time I buy Widows Wine then the Bowie, in which I had never heard her say that particular quote before.

@zHunter115 I really thought I had worked out what it was that caused the different name of the Apothicon Servant. After @MixMasterNut gave me the idea that it had to be something with the names. That's all I could think about. Why in the actual F**K are there 4 different names. Yet not any specific one is for any character specifically. 

So basically I was thinking that when you are placing the Egg to get the Sword depending on where you placed it first (or last). Would depend on the outcome of the A.S. name. Or once you obtained the Arch-Ovum to upgrade the Sword, wherever you placed it first (or last).

However it may also depend on what Rituals you do in what order. I've just started testing this out. What I can say is placing the Egg/Arch Ovum in these orders have given me these results.

Footlight, Waterfront, Canals, Rift = Kor-Maroth. 

Canals, Waterfront, Footlight, Rift = Lor-Zarozzor

I'm not really sure of the significance of this, & I'm not even positive this is 100% accurate. Hopefully we can work together to figure it out.

Guys...

What color are are the "upgraded"/Easter Egg Margwa's? 

- They are the same color as the upgraded wonder weapons portal. 

- PURPLE

Anyone tried waiting to create the wonder weapon until they've killed the Purple Margwa's and gotten a heart drop?

:) 

Guys... What color are are the "upgraded"/Easter Egg Margwa's?    - They are the same color as the upgraded wonder weapons portal.    - PURPLE.    Anyone tried waiting to create the wonder weapon until they've killed the Purple Margwa's and gotten a heart drop?   :)