How to upgrade the Apothican Servant legit?

5 minutes ago, LiamFTWinter said:

Who knows, I hope I'm wrong but it just seems like something that we would have made at least some progress with by now 

Yep, that is what I am hoping for too. The slim chance someone out there has failed to figure out that one thing, but even then it's unlikely someone hasn't stumbled upon it by now. I do, as each day passes, show a lack of hope. I really hoped this map would be their most ambitious (as earlier reports stated) but already Origins has casts a massive shadow over this map in terms of features.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have tried to pap it after completing the EE, with no luck, maybe we had to wear a magwa mask, i really dont know.
The fact that it goes in to the pap machine with a cheap trick makes me think it can be done, i also noticed a lot of changes in the pap room after completing the EE, like the back wall was gone.

I think we need to pack a punch the pack a punch lol.

I definitely think there's a "Proper" way to upgrade the Apothicon Servant. It could be thru the Margwa heads. Even though a lot  of people believe they are nothing more than an aesthetic change to the character. I say no way. The only way you can even acquire them is by upgrading the sword. 

Once the sword has finally been upgraded, then you will see the Margwa hearts around the map. Hell just by how hard it is to hit all 6 in 2 train rides (on Solo), it has to be more than just an aesthetic change to the characters appearance.

Once again with the "Magic Book". Its still there floating even after the cutscene (I'm pretty sure). Surely, there must a reason why?!?! I find it hard to believe after all this time that's all there is to do in SoE, which really isn't even a lot when compared to MoTD & Origins.

I am in 2 minds about this now to be honest.  I'm not going to go to round 150+.

I imagine I'll do a straight 100, and I reckon there's enough ammo in the gun unPAPed combined with the sword and blast furnace to do that.

From a purely selfish viewpoint in that regard, it's cool.

It still seems completely un-necessary to not be able to PAP it though.

I think someone mentioned they don't want to do another set of steps to PAP it.  It already takes at least 30 minutes to get everything done that's required anyway.  Another 5 minutes on top of that isn't going to be too bad.

I love Shadows, I think it's an awesome map, with or without this.

I'm definitely thinking the Margwa Masks could be apart of it.

You put your arm right up the Apothican Servant backside. Your wearing it. Adding the masks, It seems your slowly morphing into a Margwa.

Also the Green Denizen street lamp outside the Anvil Boxing Gym is so out of place. It's the only Green street light I've seen on the map. Can't just be a reference to Tranzit.

15 hours ago, LiamFTWinter said:

Who knows, I hope I'm wrong but it just seems like something that we would have made at least some progress with by now 

IIRC (and i could be wrong) the golden spork or the Hell's redeemer  one of the two weren't discovered until at least a week or two after the release.  I remember it specifically because it stuck out in my mind how long the map had been out and a new secret discovered.,

Of course i'm so garbage at SoE still that i haven't even made the original Apothecan Servant, so i'm no help in figuring out an upgrade lol

It depends if the EE is required to be done first before we are able to PAP it as there is no way i'll be doing that every game, its possible no-ones found anything yet because they weren't looking for it - everyones assumed there was a slight bug when trying to PaP it but as long as it worked no-one looked for anything else. Now its going to be removed shortly, people will start hunting more on how to upgrade it properly

If the gumball doesn't work then there 100% HAS to be a way to PAP it. 

Think about it, treyarch added in the purple-animated void, the new gun name, and the statistics for it's increased amo count. There has to be a way to upgrade it. I at first thought "Oh that gum that upgrades your weapon is kind of cheap, only letting you use the upgraded weapon for a short time... " but if you're saying it's not working then damn... There must be a way to upgrade it. 

So... We can get the margwa masks in solo right?It's a LOT of effort to find one as well.... 

Well, what about using the little armies? I mean those weren't used for the easter egg and they've got to be related to something... 

Also there's the donut trip mines although that might just be purely cosmetic. 

I wonder if the steps to upgrading the Apothican Servant has anything to do with the different names you see when you hold the gun?  Maybe it's some kind of code to be deciphered?

The names I've seen are...

Kor-Maroth

Mar-Astagua

Nar-Ullaqua

When PAP'd, the weapon adds Arbgwaoth to the end of the gun's name.

- Mix

In all honesty I truly believe there's a lot we've yet to discover. First off we have the Lil' Arnies, they weren't used for anything. Secondly we've got Widows Wine, upon purchasing your grenades turn into "Sticky" grenades (or rather glass orbs that should definitely be used for something) & you get a really cool animation added to the regular knife. Finally there's the "Doughnut" Trip-Mines as well as the Margwa Masks.

I just can't believe there just an aesthetic change to the character and nothing more. After three years of working on this map I doubt it. Ohh yeah, I forgot about all the different types of upgraded ammo.

My main point to all of this is easy. Ever since I can remember, all the way back to the good ol' days of Ascension. There's yet to be one map, that didn't utilize the Wunder Weapons & Tactical Grenades in the Main Quest in some fashion. 

Hell even Transhit, had us using the Jet Gun & EMPs. So I highly doubt with Jason Blundell at the reigns. This is all they've put into SoE or the Giant for that matter.

My guess is the Margwa Heads, The "Magic Book" in Neros Room, and the Mar-Astagua or whichever characters version you've got. Currently I'm stuck on round 33 and cannot for the life of me, hit the Margwa Heart on the Coffee Sign in the Footlight District. Any recommendations on which paths to take would be highly appreciated.

Sorry for the book, couldn't think of a way to explain shorter!

Anybody notice the teddy bears around the map? There are at least 3 or 4 that I have found. I've tried shooting ray gun and ww at it with no luck for anything special but with the reports stating this map has the most easter eggs to date, i am not ruling out their value at maybe another easter egg or maybe even synonymous with packing the ww... 

UPDATE: So I finally got the Margwa Head on Round 35. The end of it to be more specifically. I'm currently on Round 39, about to start 40. What I can say is, ever since the beginning of Round 35 when a Margwa spawned in & me acquiring the Margwa Head at the end of the round. I've yet to have another Margwa spawn in. 

Note, I was having a Margwa spawn in every other round. It would be between 2 & 3 Rounds. I've now been 4, going on 5.

9 hours ago, shirtlesservice said:

You can't leave us hanging like that man? What happened?

Sorry, just started playing again. I can CONFIRM the Margwa Head DOES NOT make the Margwa stop spawning. I just played thru 45 & on Rounds 41, 43, & 45 his big ass spawned. God I hate that Mother F****r. How do I get him to stop spawning in.

19 minutes ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Sorry, just started playing again. I can CONFIRM the Margwa Head DOES NOT make the Margwa stop spawning. I just played thru 45 & on Rounds 41, 43, & 45 his big ass spawned. God I hate that Mother F****r. How do I get him to stop spawning in.

Ugh I thought you might be on to something. Oh well, maybe it's purely cosmetic.... Maybe there's no way to get rid of him. Maybe we can never PaP legit... Woe is me

Also why would we have to upgrade the swords before the Margwa Hearts appear around the map just to get a cosmetic effect to our character. I highly doubt that's the case. 

We're definitely missing something here. In the game I just played I went to Round 51 & tried a lot of different sh!t. However I didn't get the doughnut/cake mines to try and get kills near/beside the book. 

Also I thought this was pretty interesting.

http://www.techinsider.io/secret-call-of-duty-gaming-easter-eggs-2015-8

On 20/11/2015, 16:31:16, Stop Mocking Me0 said:
13 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Then why would it even have a PAPed version in the game? 

If the gumball doesn't work then there 100% HAS to be a way to PAP it. 

Think about it, treyarch added in the purple-animated void, the new gun name, and the statistics for it's increased amo count. There has to be a way to upgrade it. I at first thought "Oh that gum that upgrades your weapon is kind of cheap, only letting you use the upgraded weapon for a short time... " but if you're saying it's not working then damn... There must be a way to upgrade it. 

So... We can get the margwa masks in solo right?It's a LOT of effort to find one as well.... 

Well, what about using the little armies? I mean those weren't used for the easter egg and they've got to be related to something... 

Also there's the donut trip mines although that might just be purely cosmetic. 

I think if the gumball doesn't PAP it then it's LESS likely there's a proper PAP version tbh. If the gumball doesn't upgrade it which is says it should do, then that probably means there just isn't supposed to be a PAP version. I think it's most likely similar to the Sliquifier on Die Rise and they decided to cut the PAP version before release for some unknown reason. They do it all the time. On COTD for example there is a PAP Wunderwaffe and PAP AK47 (not the normal AK47 which was only added officially to zombies in MOTD) with an underbarrel flamethrower. The PAP AK47 even has a PAP name: Red Mist. My guess would be that they decided the PAP version was too OP and just removed it (whilst leaving the files intact) and just didn't foresee the PAP glitch. Which would be sad..