Chopper's Solo guide to SOE - part 1 how to start and get Jugg (inc Video)

Chopper

I was gonna say guys... why is this an argument? We call them meatballs because they look like meatballs, and are not the same in the campaign or in multiplayer. They might have similar coding but the entire aesthetic is different, and no one on this website, or on reddit, or anywhere else that I've seen has called them RAPSE or whathaveyou.

Chopper once again, great guide. I'm waiting on updates :D

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Zelkova said:

I understand why they are called Meatballs its just such a crude name we've given them. I mean Nikolai refers to the nova crawlers as bouncers and crap and yet we don't call them that. We here on CoDZ tend to set what certain things will be called by the vast majority of the community and so calling a robotic ball a meatball is just so stupid. It's not a food and it doesn't even look like one. It's so annoying. I'm not asking for it to be called by its true name just something better than balls (which alot of my friends take sexually obviously) or meatballs (cus you can't eat them and a meatball is not flaming and doesn't have spikes and won't explode on impact).

'Meatball' is not just the name coined by the community; that's the dev name for them (like the Apothican Servant's dev name is 'IDGUN'). R.A.P.S. are the multiplayer scorestreak that the meatballs are based off, but they are not supposed to be the same - why on Earth would the meatballs on Shadows of Evil go under the acronym 'Rolling Anti-Personnel Sentry'?? That makes no sense at all. The MP ones are robotic drones whilst the Shadows' ones are clearly supposed to be organic, semi-sentient beings.

Edit: On the wiki it says their 'official' name is 'Insanity Elementals' which I don't think is going to catch on somehow lol. It also says that Jack Vincent refers to them as 'meatballs', so all credit for this supposed 'crude' name should go to Treyarch.

Edited by steviewonder87
8 minutes ago, steviewonder87 said:

'Meatball' is not just the name coined by the community; that's the dev name for them (like the Apothican Servant's dev name is 'IDGUN'). R.A.P.S. are the multiplayer scorestreak that the meatballs are based off, but they are not supposed to be the same - why on Earth would the meatballs on Shadows of Evil go under the acronym 'Rolling Anti-Personnel Sentry'?? That makes no sense at all. The MP ones are robotic drones whilst the Shadows' ones are clearly supposed to be organic, semi-sentient beings.

Edit: On the wiki it says their 'official' name is 'Insanity Elementals' which I don't think is going to catch on somehow lol. It also says that Jack Vincent refers to them as 'meatballs', so all credit for this supposed 'crude' name should go to Treyarch.

Not sure why you and the guy above you are still going on about this it was already dropped.

8 minutes ago, Zelkova said:

Not sure why you and the guy above you are still going on about this it was already dropped.

They are simply trying to clarify the name and distinguishing  between the "Meatballs" and the robots that appear in the campaign and MP. You comment implies that these enemies are robots but stevie was explaining that they don't seem to be any evidence of a robotic nature.

I don't think it is unreasonable for them to contribute to a discussion about the name of the enemy as their comments were not enough to warrant a new thread and the topic had already been discussed here.

Reading this guide back it's amazing how much my strategy has changed since I wrote it.  It's still valid but I've found a definitely more consistent way of doing stuff now, and have come into the camp of doing stuff early as.  I'll try and sort it out tomorrow.

As someone who spends most of tier time playing solo, I look forward to an update.

ATM I'm just trying a Knifing strategy I saw somewhere that was meant to get the max. XP from the early rounds but I'm not sure how much that matters in the long run, It would be nice to have a more efficient idea of how to get setup