Richtofen between Origins and The Giant

Castun50

Spoiler

So after watching MrDalekJD's Shadows of evil easter egg ending it occured to me the "artifact"  richtofen tells nik about is actually the summoning ball from shadows of evil. I may not confirm or deny this since it is not black and white and for some reason yall like to fight about what is black and white however i am going on my opinion cause its a fourm page get over it. I think its the thing he told Nik about its the only thing I can think of unless we go back sometime soon and see what richtofen was actually up to. now the question that everyone who agrees with me is thinking, what does richtofen want with the summoning ball? what is a giant octpus (cthulu?) gonna do for richtofen? what happened to changing everything for the good? maybe this is what richtofen has been planning all along, thats why he killed O4 richtofen. cause he knows he cannot win the other way. Thoughts?

Caution spoilers above

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

The artifact mentioned in The Giant is definitely the Summoning Key from Shadows of Evil, no doubt about it.  I'm hoping that completing the egg does something to help the search for a Giant side quest, though I have my doubts about that.  I wouldn't make any broad assumptions though, as you imply he may not be doing this "for the good" anymore, since we simply have no idea what's happening.  We'll certainly learn in time!

5 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I'm theorizing that the summoning key and the artifact from moon are one in the same. Same all-powerful object, different timeline... Both look the same, both are charged with sacrifices, four to be exact, and are used on similar looking round panels. 

U know i was just thinking this, i mean the pyramid is a little lovecrafty (see my previous post on cthulu) and yea you do need a sacrifice for that. Maybe this is how the vril came about to? Maybe we were not far off back in COTD days with the vril-ya and the hollow earth stuff. But I am wondering how do the origins guys remember certain things about their . . . other selves? it just doesnt make sense. I really wanna know how they got their memories or their other selves memories. also end of SOE or in soe idk if its the end or if you can hit it anytime but maxis tries talking to SOE guys, maybe he is in the pyrmaid instead of sam in this world? as a time changing  uhmmm change thingy. idk why to call it. cause they changed certain events. I really wanna know if maybe we are going back to moon next dlc. seems probable.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Castun50 said:

U know i was just thinking this, i mean the pyramid is a little lovecrafty (see my previous post on cthulu) and yea you do need a sacrifice for that. Maybe this is how the vril came about to? Maybe we were not far off back in COTD days with the vril-ya and the hollow earth stuff.

Haha trust me, the Vril-ya and Hollow Earth stuff is very much in play.  Ever since Der Riese!  

7 hours ago, Castun50 said:

U know i was just thinking this, i mean the pyramid is a little lovecrafty (see my previous post on cthulu) and yea you do need a sacrifice for that. Maybe this is how the vril came about to? Maybe we were not far off back in COTD days with the vril-ya and the hollow earth stuff. But I am wondering how do the origins guys remember certain things about their . . . other selves? it just doesnt make sense. I really wanna know how they got their memories or their other selves memories. also end of SOE or in soe idk if its the end or if you can hit it anytime but maxis tries talking to SOE guys, maybe he is in the pyrmaid instead of sam in this world? as a time changing  uhmmm change thingy. idk why to call it. cause they changed certain events. I really wanna know if maybe we are going back to moon next dlc. seems probable.

This is what hangs me up.  The whole "we retain our consistent consciousness through alternate dimensions, timelines etc.." I imagine it may be explained, but I'm not holding my breath.  At some point you chalk it up to "it's a video game and you must suspend disbelief".  One things for sure, they pay attention to the theories, and the people proposing the theories pay attention to everything.  It really makes for phenomenal content.

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

They do seem to follow a linear story path so possibly.

But something like that would be re-activatible the following round, if done incorrectly. It wouldn't make any sense that, if activated in the wrong order, you had to restart the game to try again. I've even tried in coop to activate them as Richtofen, wait a couple rounds, and have another character try, but to no avail. They activate only once. Like in Ascension, they're clues to the fact that there is something that can be done. 

39 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

But something like that would be re-activatible the following round, if done incorrectly. It wouldn't make any sense that, if activated in the wrong order, you had to restart the game to try again. I've even tried in coop to activate them as Richtofen, wait a couple rounds, and have another character try, but to no avail. They activate only once. Like in Ascension, they're clues to the fact that there is something that can be done. 

Damn lol.

I haven't had time to do any egg hunting with my busy ass week. Gunna do SOE egg tonight and swing at it this weekend.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, RedDeadRiot said:

Damn lol.

I haven't had time to do any egg hunting with my busy ass week. Gunna do SOE egg tonight and swing at it this weekend.

I'm holding onto hope that we still have much to find in The Giant. I mean, really. Treyarch said well be exploring these for years...........TBH, I'm really starting to get irritated with the Master Race and their insistence on releasing everything that was meant to be discovered. Obvious exception for @PINNAZ for his library because it's just that - an archive. Good stuff.

2 hours ago, NaBrZHunter said:

That happened in Call of the Dead though and ruined the EE, found that out the hard way.

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

That happened in Call of the Dead though and ruined the EE, found that out the hard way.

How is that so bad, though? You didn't have to start CotD over. It's like anything else that resets upon failure, right? We've had that in several EE. 

Just now, NaBrZHunter said:

How is that so bad, though? You didn't have to start CotD over. It's like anything else that resets upon failure, right? We've had that in several EE. 

It resets? Oh boy I wasted about seven hours of my life since I kept messing up the radios and thought I broke the EE. Wow.

I like to think that Vril-ya may yet be the witches or w/e from SoE. All we know of the Vril-ya and Vril Tech kinda syncs up with what the witches seem capable of. Some think that the tentacled monsters and shadow man are related to the witches (I don't know the real name for them, hopefully you can tell who I mean.) and are all the same "team" but I do not subscribe to that logic. It seems to me like the witch was going to offer you the artifact before richtofen stole it. Idk but I really can't wait to find out how the Vril-ya resurface if this isn't them. I mean even the "Agartha" we got in Origins wasn't really an "inner earth" so to speak we had to teleport there, could exist anywhere in time/space or even diff dimension. That could be a metaphoric "inner earth".  Who knows. I just see some data syncing up in peripherals is all.

5 minutes ago, zombo187 said:

I like to think that Vril-ya may yet be the witches or w/e from SoE. All we know of the Vril-ya and Vril Tech kinda syncs up with what the witches seem capable of. Some think that the tentacled monsters and shadow man are related to the witches (I don't know the real name for them, hopefully you can tell who I mean.) and are all the same "team" but I do not subscribe to that logic. It seems to me like the witch was going to offer you the artifact before richtofen stole it. Idk but I really can't wait to find out how the Vril-ya resurface if this isn't them. I mean even the "Agartha" we got in Origins wasn't really an "inner earth" so to speak we had to teleport there, could exist anywhere in time/space or even diff dimension. That could be a metaphoric "inner earth".  Who knows. I just see some data syncing up in peripherals is all.

I think we already established that it isn't them. They have no similar traits, its like this community sees something unexplained and instantly brands it Vril. Seriously like theres so much to them that people don't understand, they aren't underground aliens who just cause evil they are so much more.

Just saying "I think we have established it is not them", is not evidence it is not. They actually do have similar traits if you think about it that is where my post came from. But as I said it is just something that occurs to me and not a working theory. If you would like to disprove my post, go ahead, until then you are just stating your opinion as fact. Alot of people agreed the Tranzit EE wasn't over when it was. Alot of ppl agreed the world was flat at one point. Where is the evidence? You wrote that as if you were about to say something factual but then didn't is why I bring it up. At least I admit my post was speculative, your response is JUST as much.

14 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

I think we already established that it isn't them. They have no similar traits, its like this community sees something unexplained and instantly brands it Vril. Seriously like theres so much to them that people don't understand, they aren't underground aliens who just cause evil they are so much more.

I am not being snarky. I would really like you to point to some kind of evidence to back up why you claim everyone says otherwise as I am not aware. I am not being argumentative.

Just now, zombo187 said:

I am not being snarky. I would really like you to point to some kind of evidence to back up why you claim everyone says otherwise as I am not aware. I am not being argumentative.

Me and Hunter had a big long discussion where I described exactly what the Vril Ya looked like, was it not on this post? Like for real at least go do some research, it seems you say your not being snarky a lot and its worrying me that you actually are.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, zombo187 said:

11 hours ago, zombo187 said:

They actually do have similar traits if you think about it that is where my post came from.

So first, the being you're describing are known as Keepers! :)  I definitely think we have much more to learn about the Vril-ya.  They've been with us since Der Riese and their presence has grown ever-greater.  In addition, in regards to their looks, there are multiple different sources that are credible for what they look like, so I don't think we should hinder ourselves to one, like The Coming Race.  However, I'm not entirely convinced that these beings are Vril-ya.  It would be an awesome if they were, but the lack of Vril-ya and Agartha references thus far makes me hesitant to say that.  However, like I said, I sure hope so!

On 11/13/2015, 2:12:25, Nightmare Voyager said:

just want to point out this isnt EXACTLY book style Vril-ya. so it is still in your opinion. I mean after all this is zombies anything can happen. not to mention the summoning key cannot be what is used in the pyramid because that was a meteorite from shangri la.

On 11/13/2015, 8:45:06, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

One of richtofen's quotes is "There is so much to do, a vesicle for maxis, the radios, the opening of the gateway.. NEIN I'm being confused!"

Perhaps the radios are linked to the easter egg?

What if Rich wants to summon cthulu somewhere? like to attack maxis or something. Show down on the moon part2?