SOE EE FINALLY COMPLETE!

jaxzy

26 minutes ago, AlphaSnake said:

Damn it, I thought Treyarch would be more careful with the files this time around...

This is not legit in my eyes.

Cheaters shouldn't get the glory.

Regards Alpha.

Not a lot they can do with audio files there is a format for them they can be read , once the header is dissected it just a case of reading the quantized data

Unfortunately this is the way were going with who can crack it first by any means and its difficult to prevent circumvention

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

And would you believe that the only reason it was completed was because someone from Reddit dug into the audio files and noticed a peculiar sound file that mentioned a "boss step", and told AB to interact with it and see what happens.

That's the only reason this EE was solved.

While I'm happy he is the first in the world to complete it, I'm disappointed the community resorted to file-digging just to get some kind of hint. It's like having your phone out during a math test.

Whilst I'm super annoyed about this, what more did you expect?

This has happened on pretty much every Easter Egg and it's incredibly annoying, now we just have to wait for DLC where people on PC can't touch it for a month.

5 minutes ago, jaxzy said:

I'm pretty sure previous easter eggs have be solved or helped by people file digging. Wasn't Moon done by file digging on the first day?

I know its not right or anything and should be done properly but yeah, shit happens haha

Mob of the Dead was ruined by a YouTube channel that I don't think I can mention on this forum xD that was like the first day, they literally took all the steps out of the files, that was super annoying..

4 minutes ago, HeadHunter said:

Mob of the Dead was ruined by a YouTube channel that I don't think I can mention on this forum xD that was like the first day, they literally took all the steps out of the files, that was super annoying..

Yeah, I think Treyarch have learnt slightly to not make audio files that have the narrator telling them each step to take 

4 hours ago, Reddonkeyham said:

Sorry without going to spoiler territory, what do you mean by this? Double pap. 6 or 7 ammo types. Do more getting added to the mix along with the turned etc

I don't think it's a spoiler... There is more than just turned yes.

And welcome back @AlphaSnake you probably don't remember me but I remember you, you legend :D Can't wait to see what theories you've got cooking.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, jaxzy said:

I'm pretty sure previous easter eggs have be solved or helped by people file digging. Wasn't Moon done by file digging on the first day?

I know its not right or anything and should be done properly but yeah, shit happens haha

But that defeats the purpose of hunting, y'know? It's like no matter how stuck you get, there's some little cheatsheet within the core game to guide you in the right direction. As someone who avidly goes EE hunting whenever a new map is dropped, I love working together with people and finding the next solution through hard work, not file digging.

And the past was mostly found by pure luck. If I recall, Moon was found because someone was told all the steps prior to the map coming out, making Moon the fasted EE ever to be completed. Everything beyond was done by the group that shall not be named (for the most part).

And hey - I'm all for completing EEs haha, so I can die happy knowing SoE was solvable. But at the same time, I don't like the method of finding that last step.

• Administrators

It's a shame-today, to avoid spoilers, you literally have to go dark. Watching NGT last night, it was irritating all the people who were trying to exploit to tell the team what they didn't want to be told. It's like people think that, regardless of what means they utilized to garner their knowledge, they have the one-up on you because they know it and you don't because you are trying to get what you paid for out of the game, and attempting to enjoy what was created for you, and each other loyal fan. 

Also, the people who spread secrets and as much info as they possibly can before anyone else like they will be recognized for it. Why is it so hard for people to just enjoy the game and the teamwork the way it was meant to be?

It's always been about figgering out the riddles. That's the beauty of it.

okay, getting off my soapbox now. 

Is it confirmed to even be the end of the easter egg? It really doesn't seem like the ending, no reward as far as I know, a cutscene that isn't even a game ending one, it seems like theres more to it but I don't know, is it being called complete because of the cutscene or is there proof of it being the ending besides a cutscene that barely says its the ending?

• Tech Admin

It's disgraceful and not what the zombies community is/was about.

getting files from PC game to "solve" is a no no, it's all about thought process, trial and error and working together. It's not a legit attempt, having it handed to you on a plate.

Why are the files on PC not encrypted? Shame on you Activision/Treyarch.

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Is it confirmed to even be the end of the easter egg? It really doesn't seem like the ending, no reward as far as I know, a cutscene that isn't even a game ending one, it seems like theres more to it but I don't know, is it being called complete because of the cutscene or is there proof of it being the ending besides a cutscene that barely says its the ending?

A producer at Treyarch tweeted this, so take it as you wish:

https://twitter.com/Screebles/status/664631387568390144

this easter egg was easily the most disappointing ever 

no quotes from any character once you've opened the pack a punch not even the playables, we get an interesting character like the shadow man and he stops talking once you activate the easter egg

nothing to really figure out, it was all just trial and error and making the game harder rather than actually solving anything, keep in mind we were on the final step on day 1 and the only reason it took us until now to solve this step is because there was no direction in anything we had to do, no riddles, no quotes, nothing

4 steps total and 2 of them were charging an egg in the most simple ways possible 

wasn't this supposed to be the biggest easter egg ever? what happened?

and then the ending gives us something destiny got a lot of heat for by giving us the "I have no time to explain" excuse, where did the story progression go? 

this and the giant both felt underwhelming with easter eggs and they both felt like ways to set up DLC

5 minutes ago, LiamFTWinter said:

I would definitely put it above Tranzit but I do agree that it was a huge disappointment. This rinse & repeat with killing zombies here, there & everywhere lacks imagination and is boring. No narrative or guidance through the hit or miss steps was also a bit of a letdown.

Shame. 

1 hour ago, LiamFTWinter said:

keep in mind we were on the final step on day 1 and the only reason it took us until now to solve this step is because there was no direction in anything we had to do, no riddles, no quotes, nothing

The majority of it seemed to be solved before the game even came out. 5 days before release. And it still took nearly 7 days to actually finish. So you could almost say it took nearly 2 weeks to solve.

And that was only by looking at the Fast Files. Treyarch must be pretty disappointed by that. 2 & a half years in the making, only to be spoiled by looking at the coding.

Though it must be frustrating not having any character dialogue for the best part of it. Complete opposite to the spoon fed dialogue from Maxis, Richtofen & Samantha in BO2.

I have been enjoying this map though for some reason. I never played alot of Origins when it was released & never got into it because I felt like it was all of these monotonous tasks to set-up. Probably not too different than SoE tbh. haha

The Soul filling jars on Moon was very original, They have used that too many times now. 

1 hour ago, LiamFTWinter said:

no quotes from any character once you've opened the pack a punch not even the playables, we get an interesting character like the shadow man and he stops talking once you activate the easter egg

nothing to really figure out, it was all just trial and error and making the game harder rather than actually solving anything, keep in mind we were on the final step on day 1 and the only reason it took us until now to solve this step is because there was no direction in anything we had to do, no riddles, no quotes, nothing

4 steps total and 2 of them were charging an egg in the most simple ways possible 

wasn't this supposed to be the biggest easter egg ever? what happened?

and then the ending gives us something destiny got a lot of heat for by giving us the "I have no time to explain" excuse, where did the story progression go? 

this and the giant both felt underwhelming with easter eggs and they both felt like ways to set up DLC

It's a good map though, overall I'm happy personally I only do the easter egg once to get it out of the way, I'm more interested in working out efficient strats and high rounds myself. Treyarch have really gone OTT with EE's since Ascension.

8 minutes ago, PINNAZ said:

The majority of it seemed to be solved before the game even came out. 5 days before release. And it still took nearly 7 days to actually finish. So you could almost say it took nearly 2 weeks to solve.

And that was only by looking at the Fast Files. Treyarch must be pretty disappointed by that. 2 & a half years in the making, only to be spoiled by looking at the coding.

Though it must be frustrating not having any character dialogue for the best part of it. Complete opposite to the spoon fed dialogue from Maxis, Richtofen & Samantha in BO2.

I have been enjoying this map though for some reason. I never played alot of Origins when it was released & never got into it because I felt like it was all of these monotonous tasks to set-up. Probably not too different than SoE tbh. haha

The Soul filling jars on Moon was very original, They have used that too many times now. 

I think it was just a bit jarring to have all these characters on the map that speak a lot suddenly turn silent as soon as really interesting things happen, do these characters really have nothing to say while they are seeing ghosts with swords, fighting a tentacle man in a suit and killing a giant worm with a train? 

And the only things that were really solved before release were the pap and swords which I don't think should count as easter egg steps really, looking at origins step 1 is getting and upgrading the staffs which is way harder than getting and upgrading the swords and then origins went on to have 7 more steps while shadows had 2 more after that point

It all just feels off and not as good as some of their other work and it's made worse by treyarch promising so much from it