5Layer

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Kill_All_Monkeys said:

I also witnessed the infamous player on top of another and both getting downed the other day, completely unintentional on their behalf too. I'm more annoyed by an old one like that still being around than a new one being there.

So they must be using the same scripts for the basis of zombie mode (which should make things easier for us modders when the time comes), because that isn't a 'bug' per se (the way it occurs usually is) but the way it kills you is totally intentional on Treyarch's part.

//IPrintLnBold( "PLAYERS ARE TOO FRIENDLY!!!!!" );
    players dodamage( 1000, (0, 0, 0) );
    players[j] dodamage( 1000, (0, 0, 0) );

if ( !killed_players )
    {
     players playsound( "zmb_laugh_child" );
    }
    killed_players = true;
   }
  }
  wait( .5 );
 }
}

Just now, steviewonder87 said:

So they must be using the same scripts for the basis of zombie mode (which should make things easier for us modders when the time comes), because that isn't a 'bug' per se (the way it occurs usually is) but the way it kills you is totally intentional on Treyarch's part.

//IPrintLnBold( "PLAYERS ARE TOO FRIENDLY!!!!!" );
    players dodamage( 1000, (0, 0, 0) );
    players[j] dodamage( 1000, (0, 0, 0) );

if ( !killed_players )
    {
     players playsound( "zmb_laugh_child" );
    }
    killed_players = true;
   }
  }
  wait( .5 );
 }
}

I know that they put it in there to prevent glitching and exploits but still, it can be a little bothersome especially with a lot of the verticality in SoE. Oh well, just gotta be careful I guess.

4 minutes ago, Kill_All_Monkeys said:

I know that they put it in there to prevent glitching and exploits but still, it can be a little bothersome especially with a lot of the verticality in SoE. Oh well, just gotta be careful I guess.

Oh I totally agree with you, had several games throughout the series that have ended abruptly because someone accidentally landed on me or vice versa. Not sure what anyone has to gain by successfully having their player enter yours glitch wise anyway. But looks like this mechanic isn't going to change any time soon...