Black Ops 1 Coming to Xbox One Next Month via BC

Cheers, TLAlex, very hyped for this. I doubt I will ever return to the PC so custom zombies is a no go & the more maps I have at my disposal the better!

Cunambula, I will certainly do so as my last experience of Moon was not leaving the starting area because noone wants to teleport together, someone dies, game over lol :) 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I am a bit confused. When can we officially play black ops 1 on new gen? Can someone please throw some light. And perhaps add it on Original Post. What kind of hoops do we have to go through to get this to work once this feature is available? Or is it simply inserting the disc? 

I really wish I can play some of my digital purchased games such as State of Decay. 

25 minutes ago, way2g00d said:

Ok, I am a bit confused. When can we officially play black ops 1 on new gen? Can someone please throw some light. And perhaps add it on Original Post. What kind of hoops do we have to go through to get this to work once this feature is available? Or is it simply inserting the disc? 

I really wish I can play some of my digital purchased games such as State of Decay. 

Backwards compatibility, way. You been living under a rock? :P

No hoops. If you own the 360 game disc, you put it in your One, and play.  Not all 360 titles available right away, bo1 will be available starting December.

When we say "available", basically this means that the devs have given consent to Microsoft to allow backwards compat.  It's super easy, but clearly some devs wanted to do re masters (hence why borderlands 1 is backwards compat, but not borderlands 2 - because there is a remastered version).

That brings us to State of Decay. Since there has already been a "remaster", I highly doubt it will be available on Backwards Compat.  However many of your 360 titles will be.

All 360 games with Gold from here on out will be backwards compat as well.

Last but not least, way - we are all stoked because for the longest time Activision had held out on announcing whether previous CODs would be backwards compatible. We've known about the feature since E3, and so far previous COD was nowhere in sight.  This is truly a blessing, and a huge gift from Microsoft and Activision. Very smart move.

47 minutes ago, AsG xTiMiDx said:

I heard the only way to get the 360 games on xb1 is to have already had them digitally downloaded on the 360. I hope this isn't true :( is it confirmed that they are giving us the DLC maps as well without having to purchase them? Especially the Classic maps?

No, all rubbish, physical disc works with Xbone too, this will then download a digital copy for the Xbone to use, but the disc must be in so the console knows you own the game. All DLC will be usable providing your gamertag purchased it - could cause some issues for me..

Just now, TimelordAlex said:

No, all rubbish, physical disc works with Xbone too, this will then download a digital copy for the Xbone to use, but the disc must be in so the console knows you own the game. All DLC will be usable providing your gamertag purchased it - could cause some issues for me..

Well thank you for clearing that up. Would really suck if it was the case. I guess I'll have to go buy BO1 again... Lost it a few years back.

On 11/18/2015, 9:57:17, Smok3y said:

1 - Is there an official date? Or any confirmation of December? (Sorry cant see the video currently)  the only reason I ask is because I'm thinking this wont happen until 2016 Q1 & I remember coming across a UK site that indicated January. 

2 - In terms of how backward compatibility would work, I'm presuming the discs were no longer needed as the original implementation or concept was working around detecting if you had the game & downloading you a digital copy.

As someone who never played all bo1 maps and as recent as a few months ago invested in all of the DLC while waiting for Bo3 to be released this is news has me very stoked! cant wait! I may finally have people to finish start moon with!

If you don't own the game digitially then you will need a disc

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A supposed leak from a Microsoft employee has reported the release to be sometime tonight. There is no proof behind the leak, however. I contacted Microsoft Support a few hours ago, and they told me that it was supposed to be released in February, but Activision put it on hold. Whenever Activision decides to release it, it will appear in the Store and the disk will work. When I asked about the leak, they said if Activision wants to, they could release it at any given moment now that it has the OK. That means that tonight could be THE night.

The perfect time to release it would've been when PS4 got Awakening, that way Xbone users still have something to look forward to and play around with for a month, releasing it now makes little sense in my opinion as it could distract some users away from the new DLC which is now out for Xbone, and ATVI will want more focus on that surely.

22 hours ago, TimelordAlex said:

The perfect time to release it would've been when PS4 got Awakening, that way Xbone users still have something to look forward to and play around with for a month, releasing it now makes little sense in my opinion as it could distract some users away from the new DLC which is now out for Xbone, and ATVI will want more focus on that surely.

While you are probably right, you could argue that releasing blops1 BC would benefit them as their old DLC is still original price and therefore could be a nice little cash cow as I think a lot would want at least the rezzurection map pack.

But now with horror as I type this, I now have that daunting feeling it wont be released until after PS4 get DLC 4 so that as you say they can keep the focus on the current blops while still being able to generate a surge in revenue with the release of BC & the associated map packs after the normal game cycle. Youd have to imagine ATVI would want it out prior to the next COD release however.

I hope im wildly & completely wrong as I have been saving Shangri-La for the occasion. Played a bit of Nacht last night & keen to play it all again but on one console.

• 2 weeks later...