Black Ops 1 Coming to Xbox One Next Month via BC

Well fellows some titles have been announced for BC next month on the Xbone, and Black Ops 1 has been announced being one of them, this news has made my very happy indeed, my favourite COD can now be played on the same console as BO3, ATVI may have restored some of my faith. This could suggest more CODs could arrive periodically. 

http://charlieintel.com/2015/11/09/original-call-of-duty-black-ops-will-be-backwards-compatible-on-xbox-one-next-month/

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told a while by by someone claiming to be "in the know" about the list of games to be included in the 100 games that would start the ball rolling so to speak and BO1, BO2 and MW2 were all a part of the list. Even when I told him that Activision were not going to be supporting the Backward Compatibility program he said "trust me... they definitely are." Guess he was right after all. Regardless, this is amazing news. Potentially getting ALL the zombie maps on one console is as good as it gets.

1 hour ago, DeathBringerZen said:

I was told a while by by someone claiming to be "in the know" about the list of games to be included in the 100 games that would start the ball rolling so to speak and BO1, BO2 and MW2 were all a part of the list. Even when I told him that Activision were not going to be supporting the Backward Compatibility program he said "trust me... they definitely are." Guess he was right after all. Regardless, this is amazing news. Potentially getting ALL the zombie maps on one console is as good as it gets.

I could see ATVI allowing BO1/2 now as in a way it kinda promotes BO3, but i'd be very surprised if they allowed MW2 now as well. I'd personally leave the IW made titles until next year and they can allow all 3 MWs to promote IWs next title.

I heard that there was an update to Black Ops about 2 weeks ago? This would make sense considering it's been added to backward comparability. 

Some doors were made cheaper amongst other things. I'm not completely sure this is the truth as I haven't checked anything myself or heard about it anywhere else. 

Pretty stoked though!

3 hours ago, PINNAZ said:

I heard that there was an update to Black Ops about 2 weeks ago? This would make sense considering it's been added to backward comparability. 

Some doors were made cheaper amongst other things. I'm not completely sure this is the truth as I haven't checked anything myself or heard about it anywhere else. 

hmmm where did you hear this? i havent noticed anything, doors were fine, be nice to see Mark 2 on the maps though

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, PINNAZ said:

@Tac Daddy told me I think. Can you shed any more light on this?

My apologies, I may not have specified that I was following the Black Ops III leaks and this was in relation to right before Shadows of Evil launched, when they were making map changes. Sorry to confuse :(

6 hours ago, PortlyLlama80 said:

DLC will transfer over if your playing on the account that bought them.

i bought the DLC for BO1 but it was under my bros account (didnt have my own account at the time), we used licence transfer so i could play it on my current 360. Now if i put my bros account on my Xbone, it'd detect he had the DLC and download it, but would i be able to play it on my account on there too?

1 minute ago, TimelordAlex said:

i bought the DLC for BO1 but it was under my bros account (didnt have my own account at the time), we used licence transfer so i could play it on my current 360. Now if i put my bros account on my Xbone, it'd detect he had the DLC and download it, but would i be able to play it on my account on there too?

I believe so, as long as your profiles are on the same console.

1 - Is there an official date? Or any confirmation of December? (Sorry cant see the video currently)  the only reason I ask is because I'm thinking this wont happen until 2016 Q1 & I remember coming across a UK site that indicated January. 

2 - In terms of how backward compatibility would work, I'm presuming the discs were no longer needed as the original implementation or concept was working around detecting if you had the game & downloading you a digital copy.

As someone who never played all bo1 maps and as recent as a few months ago invested in all of the DLC while waiting for Bo3 to be released this is news has me very stoked! cant wait! I may finally have people to finish start moon with!