Shadows of Evil: Tips, tricks and Points of Interest

I mean this might not be the right thread, but the very last gobble gum you unlock, Alchemical Antithesis is beyond amazing when combined with either an elemental ammo type (personally prefer blast furnace), or the WW. It is an incredibly powerful gobble gum, and easily fills up the WW.

Normally, I would hold off PAPing the WW until I actually needed the ammo, but with AA,  might just as well PAP ASAP. One shot, as long as you get 6 kills fills it up from empty. Every 10 points is a bullet, every kill, 50 points, is 5 bullets for the WW. 

The fact you get two user activated one minute uses makes AA one of the best gobble gums, and it is unlimited uses, unlike the megas. 

You can straight up dump the WW for an entire minute, and as long as you get a kill every 5 shots, you will break even. Could be great when combined with some of those fast strats that are posted in another thread.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, BestOfAllTime32 said:

Every 10 points is a bullet, every kill, 50 points, is 5 bullets for the WW. 

The fact you get two user activated one minute uses makes AA one of the best gobble gums, and it is unlimited uses, unlike the megas. 

Nah you're in the right place, the thing is there was a guy who made a best gobble gum threat like yesterday, and he mentioned it specifically, @Black Hand Smith just hasn't implemented it yet, give it a bit. But agree, this gobble gum is essentially 2 free max ammos, and then some.

Edit: Upon further review, it was @Dahniska's thread on the optimal gobble gums that was fairly exhaustive... Perhaps it could be integrated into this thread?

Edited by shirtlesservice
  • Like 1

Awesome updates @Black Hand Smith 

Serious Brains are in order. You've left my Library thread for dead. I'm too busy playing & making some videos!

There might be a few text parts that you could trim down, like the Cuneiform Symbols in the Buildings. You only have to catch 2 trains as there are 2 symbols on the 1 route. Can't remember which stations it's between. 

Great tip - Use the Wonder Weapon to collect souls for the swords. Piece of piss!!!  And do not have the Civil Protector (Robocop) active when doing this step as he'll steal all your kills. He snipes Zombies from 1000 yards!

Great screenshots & good work for updating. 

Very nice thread overall. I would highly suggest this to anyone that has yet to become familiar with SoE, +1 to you sir!

A few things I would suggest. If your playing solo keep restarting until you see a x2 in the drop spawn. On round 1 shoot the zombies in the leg 6x then finish them off with a knife.

The most useful thing I've found in solo, is the Civil Protector. If you have him activated & go down while playing Solo he will revive you & you will keep your Quick Revive.

As far as the shield parts & fuses, they both have 3 spawn locations all within a few feet from each other. The shield parts being in the area with the randomised perk machines, and the fuses being in the area immediately following. Or as you stated the area immediately from opening the gate beside the tram.

Another suggestion I would add, in the Footlight District, I would use the Beast Fountain in the city. Use the grapple point above the Burlesque, then grapple to the one on the left side of the street. For me this works best. 

In the Canal district if you use the fountain beside the Cathulu statue. You can break that open, drop down in the Canal, shock the electric panel, break open the rift, & break the box holding the badge. You can try to get the Ruby Rabbit open but I don't think you'll have enough time. I would always build the shield here, as it's easily accessible from the rift. 

Just a couple (sorry if they're here and i missed them).

Open up a sacrificial altar and have it's additional part ready. Best if only 1 zombie left, of course. Grab the part, don't kill the red dudes, do the ritual, and then these red dudes (and any flying things) will become regular zombies that you can kill for points (when the ritual is done) as the red dudes only give $10 per bullet with no kill points, so you might as well transmogrify them.

Also, occasionally the flying things will turn into regular zombies if you let them follow you/they respawn enough times.

Start room shadow man. You only need to shoot him once each time for the round skips if you wait enough time. Shoot him once, it plays the 'time bomb' sound, the sound bite ends, wait 5 seconds then shoot him once/ repeat. Not that there is anything wrong with unloading on him.

I'm sure that everyone knows, but crawlers and wounded zombies usually don't die off. You can even make the same z a crawler multiple times as you get to spots that you need to do stuff (especially in solo).

Wrong>>>[More zombies load if you take too long. Many times, in the early game, i died because a new, extra zombie would spawn and come from a window behind me and kill me. Good to know if you killed 6 of the 7 (in solo) zombies of round 1 and need more points. Just wait or try to dig (fumigate?) one up from a pod.]--- This is just wrong. My mistake. I confused the Beast's zombie cloning feature as random spawns when it was just a feature of Beast mode.

When going for the bowie knife, if you are low on ammo and/or have a horde following you (that you wish to save for stabbing points), do not open the boxing ring with the censor (purple fire thingy) next to the boxing ring/build table, use the one just above that area in the wooden platform. Then, as beast, run back up to where you used the censor. This will keep the docks from being overly crowded with zombies as you run down to get the knife. Also, take the wider path on the left of the boxing ring (by Trip Mines wallbuy). And be careful as the bk wallbuy is inconsistent and glitchy (patched glitchiness/1 gun glitch 11.20.15-360).

BK does not 1hk on round 10 (but at least you can get it on 1 or 2 with the zombie cloning feature).

Edited by 83457
Words

Double post. Edit: the correct information to this post is: if you get an 'empty' mega, the game gives you a white gumball, which does nothing, but takes up your chance at a GG that turn.

Gumball theory. Sorry if touched on already.

If you have 4 megas with 1 'charge' each and stock option (or 3 'single charge' megas with stock option and alch-a), once the 1 charge megas were used, would stock option have a 100% chance of being the gum you get? Or would you get 'dead' draws from the machine?

If it's the former, well, that would sure make the late games easier.

You're welcome.

Edited by 83457

I don't know if it works any different when you start the match with charges in the Megas and empty them in game, but I do know if you make a pack with 4 empty mega gums, you can and will spin dead draws. I do believe I got the 500 points back though, so it's still slightly more beneficial if you really only want one usable gum or two usable gums.

This is on PS4.

@83457, what do you play on? The flying creatures will occassionally respawn into other enemy types on primarily zombie rounds for me, but never, ever have the keeps respawned into zombies.

Nor do new zombies load in beyond the round amount just for waiting. Zombies will despawn when you get too far away, it just won't end the round like it did for BO2.

Edited by MegaAfroMan
  • Like 1

To MAM, some q's and a's:

Q: Were you able to use the gg again that round, after the dead draw?

A1: I'm on 360.

A2: note that the keepers that spawn in the ritual room do not transmogrify, but the 2 that spawn when you pick up an item (lawyer's pen and such) will transmogrify into regular zombies once the ritual is complete (360 version at least) if you don't kill them before the ritual ends. This i have tested multiple times and am positive of on 360. It may be different on xbone/ps4, or you've killed them before/during the ritual. Easy enough to test on round 1 solo.

A3: it is possible that i transmogrified some keepers into zombies and mistakenly thought that 9 zombies had eventually spawned on round 1. I may have done that, not knowing about the transmogrification at that point. That being said, i will keep an eye on this and report the correct information when I'm sure.

Edited by 83457
Ps4
20 hours ago, MegaAfroMan said:

I don't think I got to use the GG machine after a dead draw.

Thanks, that's what I'm getting implied from stuff I've read.

On keepers, later, I'm going to try to drag the 6(?) from the subway that usually spawn there up to the first ritual room and see if i can get 6 more 'pointable' zombies, probably on round 2.

Edit: i seem to be mistaken about more zombies spawning in, they were just transmogrified keepers, before i knew that was happening.

Also, simply running the keepers around the map tends to make them respawn as normal zombies.

Edited by 83457
It's a secret.

Train symbols tip:

The symbols are cuneiform.

The large triangles with the dent on the back end are 10.

The tiny triangles with the line are 1.

So, if you translate them into numbers, they are much easier to remember. 

The 4 large triangles in a + formation are 40, for example. Edit: the symbols do not change during the game and are always the same set, in the same order, when you see them on the wall in beast mode.

Update: from bottom left, to the top of the arch, then back to the bottom right, the symbols in Subway numerically translated are:

Left40/10/2/12/4(top)/

14/20/21/22

Edited by 83457
Insane poster
  • Like 1

Deleted post because it was terrible.

-----+++()))(+------

You can transmogrify zombies by moving around the map a lot.

On round 1 you can transmogrify 2 keeper zombies that spawn by the ritual part, and/or drag the 4 from the subway that spawn the first time that you go there. Using beast will usually change them to normal zombies or else you can be sure to have these red guys in the ritual room as you do the ritual, they will respawn as regular zombies. The point is that the red zombies don't give kill points, so change them to normal zombies for more points. I usually kill 14 on round 1 solo.

Use the double points if there is one at start.

In solo (not sure on mp) you can keep using the beast as long as you open a new area or go there by train. Normally you can use 2 on round 1, i often use 4.

360 tested. (Edit: hmmm, solo usually gets 3, but if i take the train i sometimes get 4 uses).

Zombies pile up on the subway steps if one trains in the subway and one trains in junction. Annoying or exploit-worthy, given your style of play.

Edited by 83457
This post was bad. Typos too.

This wasn't too clear on the first, excellent post in this thread, but the shield pieces are always after the first door of the 3 districts: after opening a district from junction, the parts will be on the raised area with the perk machines that get beasted open.  

If you have no beast, they can all be opened from the tram-walkway doors that must be bought. So if you have money, you can always get the shield (like starting on round 15, for example).

-------

So, it isn't the safest way to open, but if you open each district, open the raised perk machine/ shield area (beast mode), then buy that door upstairs to the tram, you will get to each ritual area and be able to get the shield parts and fuses at once without having to open an extra door to get the fuse parts. Not real important, since by the time you want the fuses, you should be able to simply open the other door. But if you are trying to play lean, this could help with points.

You can make zombies. I just killed 31 on round 1...

I think it's a glitch (360), but it seems like it would have been noticed because it is so easy, so I'm wondering because it slows down how quickly you can pap or get swords, but increases starting points. Great for getting the BK real early. I can't find any you tube videos... Maybe it's just lost in the seas of bo3 videos, maybe nobody knows it.

Edited by 83457
On 11/13/2015, 9:08:42, shirtlesservice said:

Sorry for the Lack of Updates lately but I have been working non stop on some very special posts for the month of December. Theories, Concepts, Stories etc. Once I finish the Advent calender I will update this post with a shitload of stuff I have written up in a word document. Also for some reason when I commented on this this Box appeared and I have no Idea how to get rid of it. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ragdo11706 said:

How do you get so many zombies to spawn in on Round 1? I normally use the 2x when the Margwa spawns on the second ritual. 1000 pts per head, giving me 3000 pts.

(360 at least) Beast Mode's left trigger doubles zombies.

Zap zombies while running around as beast, when they respawn, they are doubled.

It just happens constantly because zapping zombies is the best thing in the game, so you do it as you run around and you get more zombies.

Purposefully gather them and zap the crowd, run off, and double the zombies.

32 (nonbeast) kills on round 1 is my highest, but more could be made.

Weird note: this part won't give points, but as you turn human, any nearby zombies get blown away. These count as kills, even though the zombies respawn (to kill again, get even higher kill count).

If it is a glitch, either it is only on 360, or the community is blind to the fact that zombies double, or somehow you guys aren't zapping the zombies, which is mind boggling. Why play SoE if you don't Odin-spank the zombies?

Edited by 83457
Crappy faux-swype errors.
  • Like 2

I use it at start, is slows PaP down slightly, but who really needs a PaP by round 5 anyway?

I use the points to open the map and get BK on 1 or 2, depending on drops.

I have gotten BK on round 1, but usually 2 or 3 due to the ridiculous amount of nukes that drop.

BK: Solo, use Beast 1 and 2 to clone zombies, grab x2 from start, carefully stab to avoid the bomb(s), open waterfront, use Beast 3 to drop Ritual Belt and open boxing gym. You will need to open the $1250 door, the $1000 door, the ES $500 door, so it isn't always easy to get enough, i probably got a rare game where x2 dropped in lieu of one of the several bombs that usually drop.

Stop trolling the game with early nukes, Trollarch. They should not appear before round 10! 

Edited by 83457
Stuff
  • Like 1

(360)

Weird: used Wall Power, grabbed the one gun i can have attachments on (this was the Vesper, in Footlight) and it also gave me an extra gun slot. It stayed the whole game, PaPs, wonder weapon, and all.

I don't think that that is supposed to happen.

Edit: even through downs, it was not MK/Peraholic.

Edited by 83457

Just wanted to say thanx to @83457. I now find myself Transmogrifing more Zombies than ever. Mainly because I had no idea what I had done all those times I had 15 Zombies on Round 1. Instead of the 6 that spawn normally. Definitely makes getting Jug or Bowie a lot easier.

I can confirm that Transmogrifing Zombies does work on Xbone. The Keepers that spawn in when you pick up an item will if you do the ritual right after. However, I've yet to run away from them & they respawn into Zombies. They always just die off.

• Like 2

Honestly my absolute new number one tip on this map is just wait for the WW to do anything pretty much.

Maybe grab a Ray Gun.

Next, don't PAP until you have completed the swords.  Or at least, don't double PAP and find that you can't safely get to the end of a round keeping a zombie or two.

Initial rituals excluded, anything to do with the sword is just easier with this.

Edit - just wanted to add some more thoughts on this.  The more I play this map the more I realise how depressing it is to be on round 8 after 30 minutes.  I now play the spawn till end of 3, burning a couple of beasts.  But it's much quicker doing these rounds.  I then do a perk location towards the end of the next few rounds, grab a shield part in each whilst zombies are still about, or even when a round ends.  I'll be updating my solo strategy guide with an entirely new way of playing, which I've found much more satisfying.

• Like 2

What we were discussing earlier would be my #1 tip (especially if it turns out not to be a glitch). I've also realized waiting to do the Swords, becomes he'll of a lot easier after you gotten the A.S. 

Now I don't know if this is anything or not. As far as upgrading the A.S. When it comes to the Receipt from Chang's Laundry. Earlier this morning I was playing & I had done the "Glitch" to upgrade it.

Well I went over to the window. Threw the sticky bomb like normal. When I went over to pick up the receipt, it wouldn't let me.