SoE Easter Egg

InfestLithium

• Administrators

I find the lack of EE discussion, most disturbing.

But anyways, I figured I'd post up the steps to the EE this far.

1) Collect the summoning key in spawn by breaking the marked box while in Curse mode. It is on the back of the truck next to the power meter.

2) Retrieve each special item and perform a ritual in areas closed off by the electrical staircases. The item locations are as follows:

- Lawyer pen in the middle section of the map

How to obtain:

Spoiler

This can be done on the first round if you play your cards right. Go into Beast mode and zap the power meter on the crane (next to the Gobblegum machine).

- Deputy badge in the Canals

How to obtain:

Spoiler

The badge is arguably the trickiest item to collect because it requires that you activate the power meter at the end of the canal closest to the Cthulhu statue. While in Beast mode, charge the meter and make a dash to the other end of the canal. The badge is hidden behind the usual wall of fire. Break the barrier. If you don't activate the power meter beforehand, the iron bars will prevent from getting the item.

- Hairpiece in the Footlight District alley

How to obtain:

Spoiler

In the alley before the Footlight District, activate Beast Mode and make your way to the top of the balcony via grapple. Then jump off the small ramp next to the Mystery Box spawn and on the ledge will be the crate containing the hairpiece. Knock it down and it will appear on the ground.

- Boxing belt in the Docks alley

How to obtain:

Spoiler

Similar to the hairpiece item, go into the alley heading towards the Docks. If you position yourself next to the Mystery Box spawn, look up and grapple onto the highest point on your side. If done correctly, you'll be on a ledge where you can break the box containing the belt.

* Practice this step several times. The goal is to open up every single thing you can, namely the Cthulhu statues. You thank me later for doing this early on.

The ritual sites are at the furthest section of each area. You must go into Beast mode, find a place to grapple somewhere, and follow each unique path until you can charge the volt meter to open the staircase. [Note: the only section that does not require grappling to access the ritual area is the boxing gym, as it only requires you break the door.]

3) Activate the rituals with the correct item and survive long enough until the sacrifice is done. You do not need to kill the Gatekeepers.

4) Take the gateworm. Once all four have been obtained, use the rift (portal inside marked walls) to go into the subway. A wall should be opened up opposite of the Mystery Box spawn and lead you to an open, red room. This is the Pack-a-Punch room.

5) Place two gateworms on the front sides of the room. Then wall run on the sides of the room to get across, placing the last two worms on the newly formed ledge.

6) Activate the table in front of the room and survive until the event is complete. Much like the ritual step, just run around avoiding enemy contact. Once completed, you will see the Shadow Man in his true form.

* All of this can be completed as early as Round 3. You will want to act efficiently and quickly to make the Easter Egg significantly easier as you progress.

Obtaining the Ancient Swords

7) To progress further into the Easter Egg, you will need the ancient swords. Start by taking the train from the Docks to the Footlight District.  If you are facing the direction of which the train is going, go to the right windows and look out them the ENTIRE train ride. You will see two glimpses of cuneiform code glowing red inside the building windows. These can easily be missed so be sure to jot them down (as the images change per game, but not the locations). There are a total of 2 on this ride.

After you found those, take the train from the Footlight District to the Canals, following the same procedure. This time, only one cuneiform symbol will be seen. You should have all three symbols in the correct order.

8) Go down into the subway and activate Beast Mode right next to the Mystery Box spawn. Here you will see the blank arced door now displaying several red cuneiform symbols. Accurately zap each character you found in the correct order to access the hidden sword room.

9) In regular form, take the egg from the sword holsters. You must now charge the egg four times in four different locations by killing zombies. Remember those Cthulhu statues? There's a reason why you broke them; the egg must be placed on each statue and obtain 10 zombies per section. The locations for the statues are in the same areas where you obtained the ritual items. The egg will glow once it's done on each statue.

10) Once the egg has been charged fully, take the egg back to the sword holster in the subway. Obtain your  sword.

11) But we're not done yet - now you need to upgrade your sword. In order to do that, you must go to your character's ritual table. Here you will see a spectral Gatekeeper who offers you another egg. There are four glittering red circles around the map that you probably saw after completing the previous Shadow Man step. Simple drop the egg on the red circle and kill the Margwas that spawn. You must do this once per round at each location.

12) Once each spot has been handled, go back to your character's ritual table and the spectral will finally give you the upgraded ancient sword. Enjoy.

Finishing the Easter Egg

13) Go into Nero's apartment and along the front left-side bookcase you will see a book on the floor. Hold the action button and you should see it begin floating in air.

14) Back into the subway, you will see a misty flag. Pick it up and the round will suddenly change into a meatball/insect round. With the flag, you must go to each area of the map and place down the flag a total of two times. When placed, the Shadow Man will appear three times as the other enemies [no zombies] try to destroy the flag. The best solution to making this step easy as cake is to call out the Civil Protector. It will do a hella dank job protecting the flag while you focus on stopping Shadow Man from putting a spell on it. The flag will stop charging when a "ding" is heard and it starts pulsating red. Do this an additional time at the nearest location while collecting a Max Ammo for each successful charge. When fully charged, take the flag back to each character's ritual spawn and the spectral will take the flag, thus becoming a full-fledged Gatekeeper.

Repeat this a total of four times, once per round. I strongly suggest doing this step at the end of every round to avoid spawning in too many zombies. Additionally, let the Civil Protector break down before you take the flag back or else it will destroy the leftover zombies. The Margwa gun helps greatly during this step, and the Ray Gun is a must-have to get rid of the Shadow Man here and later on.

15) With all four Gatekeepers finally active, make your way back into the subway. Before heading into the Pack-a-Punch room, make sure you're heavily equipped with a good arsenal, the Zombie Shield, and something from the Gobblegum machine to further protect you (invisibility for 10 seconds is such a lifesaver). Awake all four Gatekeepers as quickly as possible to begin the next step. (If you don't do this quick enough, Shadow Man will lay a spell and put all the Gatekeepers back to sleep.)

16) If all four Gatekeepers are awake in time, they will destroy the Shadow Man's shield, making him vulnerable. If you have the Ray Gun, it will make this following process easier. Shoot the Shadow Man, and keep an eye out where he will spawn next. He tends to zip side to side, with each teleportation giving you less time to shoot him. Eventually he will back into the front of the room and above the ritual table. Activate the ritual, which kills Shadow Man and absorbs him into the Summoning Orb.

17) At this point, a giant gateworm will appear on top of the ritual table before vanishing. Here you will find yourself in unlimited Beast mode [note: if you are not then you must continuously pass through white mists scattered across the map to stay alive]. In the Junction - which is the middle of the map - you will see the giant gateworm hovering where the crane is alongside four Keppers.

Each player must go to the three stain stations and shock the power box that may be located at the top of the roof before entering the rail car. If done correctly, you will notice the track glowing blue meaning it's been electrified. Do this for all three stations at the Waterfront, Footlight, and Canal Districts. Once all three are power, active the train to pass through the Junction. 

Either run back to the Junction or have someone there ready to shock the 3 Keepers who seem to be in a sleeping state. Once the rail car hits the giant gateworm (or immediately prior to it) the Keepers must be shocked. After they have awakened they will do their ever-so-popular magic trick and the Easter Egg will be completed.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next steps for the easter egg are: 

• *This can be done before step 1* Get the Swords:
    • There a wall in the Rift with red symbols on it. Use the train to take note of three unique red symbols, which can be spotted from the window while riding the train. Once you know all three symbols, you can enter the Rift and zap the matching red symbols on the wall while in Beast mode.
    • Inside the now open wall room, pick up the Egg from the throne and insert it into each of the four Octodad statues around the map, then charge each statue by killing zombies in close vicinity - a la moon. Finally, the egg must be returned to the sword chamber and the player is rewarded with the sword.
  • *Only after Infest's Step 6* Upgrade the Swords:
    • Return to the ritual area for your particular character. For example, if you're the boxer you must go to the boxing ring. There's a white ghostly figure by the summoning area. Approach the ghost and pick up the the egg.
    • Go to the four different locations one by one (Canal, Waterfront etc.) and put the egg on the floor. A bright red circle will appear and then you kill the Margwa which spawns in each of the locations.
    • Go back to the ghost for your character and receive your upgraded sword.
  • Capture The Flag
    • Go to the underground subway in the Rift. The flag is in the middle of the subway room.
    • Take the flag outside and place it in a similar spot where you put the egg from the sword step. Protect the flag and kill nearby - any zombies or other enemies. If the flag gets destroyed because it took too much damage, then the step must be repeated. As you protect the flag it will start to glow until the next part appears.
    • Once the flag is being awesomely protected, there will be several purple symbols highlighted on the floor nearby. Run round the area quickly, stepping on each of the highlighted purple symbols to make them disappear and to charge the flag.
    • Return the flag to the ghost in your character's ritual area. The flag will shoot Purple Flurp purple rain beams of the purple variety at the ghost who will disappear.
  • Rinse and Repeat
    • Repeat CTF step 3 more times, one for each character's ritual table. 
  • KILL THE SHADOWMAN
    • Make sure that your weapons, ammo, and perks are GUCCI
    • Go to the Pack-a-PUNCH cave and you'll see the four gatekeepers facing the Shadow Man who is protected by a bubble. Complete a round inside the cave first and BTW there is no chance of leaving the room now because the door is blocked.
    • Once the round is over, interact (Press X or Square for wake UP) with each of the gatekeepers and they will fire their LAZORZ beams of red light at the Shadow Man. Do this for all four gatekeepers and the final beam will bring down the Shadow Man's shield.
    • Shoot the Shadow Man as he changes position (and if his shield comes back up again, repeat the process to bring his shield down once again) and eventually he will go over the ritual table. 
    • Once he is over the table, kill him with the upgraded sword.
  • Into the UNKNOWN
    • I don't know what to do next ;)
    • It definitely has something to do with the three Margwa pieces that you pick up.
    • I have only collected two at a time and do not know what I would do with them as of yet :/
    • YOU GUYS/GALS/ZOMBIES can totally solve this!

So what do you guys think of this progress?

As of yet the uploader has not released any guide/tutorial for how he managed to reach above seen Step since he is continuing as i am writing this.

Do you think this might be the next step after killing the Shadow Man or even further on? (I'm pretty sure though that's him on the ritual table before he turns into that huge worm thing)

Also have you noticed none of the players in this Scene has any perks, might this be a requirement in order to go on?

@ Xperiment 117: do you mean the parts required for the WW or have you noticed other Margwa-parts lying around after killing the Shadow Man?

really suprised this conversation isnt way bigger. 

My thoughts:

it seems many people are to the same spot. They have gotten their swords, upgraded their swords, filled the eggs, opened up pack a punch and even killed or atleast trapped the shadowman. For those doing it on coop a new step has emerged and that is a giant worm has spawned in the middle of the map surrounded they 3 "witches" holding swords and one above the giant worm. 

But i havent seen or heard of anything past this. 

What i have noticed is that:

1. at this point if someone dies you can respawn them by simply calling the tram. 

2. the worm will disappear for about 5 seconds when the tram gets close. 

3. there is a mechanic to have "infinate" beast mode although im not completely sure the rules that apply here.

4. there are white orbs spread out across the map that you must touch from time to time or you will die. 

5. the marwas head are now purple.

can anyone add to this list of new things in the map?

So does everyone feel like the Solo side of this Quest is finished. Personally I don't think it is, for a few reasons.

1. What exactly is the purpose of the Margwa helmet. I don't believe it's just a cosmetic effect for "Fun".

2. Why is the "Magic Book" still floating even after you've completed the steps to summon all 4 "Keepers" & trap the Shadow Man. Same as it does during the 4 player attempt.

3. One time my book was floating a lot higher than what it normally does. (Could've been a glitch.) During that game I remember I listened to all the telephones as I heard them ring. I DID NOT upgrade the Mar-Astagua. 

As far as what to do now. What's the purpose of the white clouds that keep spawning in over & over. Why does the Margwa have a Purple mouth now. Finally has anyone called in the Civil protector while on this step.

I'm not into the EE hunt, and I'm not even sure if it's part of it, but my friend and I just got an audio cue from Shadow man. I skimmed the OP and didn't see this part, so forgive me if it's in there.

So basically I was running in the rift/train station area, and I noticed a fourth rift in the corner, so we held a zombie and he went over and just held square on the rift/train since you can't get to it. It disappeared, and Shadow man said something, not sure what. 

If you're looking at the PAP door, it's the corner immediately to the left. PAP was open, no swords, no PAPed guns, round 15. Hope it helps.

11 hours ago, BestOfAllTime32 said:

I'm not into the EE hunt, and I'm not even sure if it's part of it, but my friend and I just got an audio cue from Shadow man. I skimmed the OP and didn't see this part, so forgive me if it's in there.

So basically I was running in the rift/train station area, and I noticed a fourth rift in the corner, so we held a zombie and he went over and just held square on the rift/train since you can't get to it. It disappeared, and Shadow man said something, not sure what. 

If you're looking at the PAP door, it's the corner immediately to the left. PAP was open, no swords, no PAPed guns, round 15. Hope it helps.

This is something to look into. Just to make sure it's not just audio but actually another step needed to complete the EE. Can anyone else try this and post results? I would if I could.

There was a live stream last night from Noah and once the giant worm appeared in the middle of the map they turned into the creatures and whipped some floating orbs which seemed to obtain the orbs. Not sure how far they got form that point as it was really late so I passed out =P

12 hours ago, BestOfAllTime32 said:

that was maxis you were hearing

Archived