Shadows of Evil highest round

Lenne

I have to admit I am having too much fun with this map and it is not at all disappointing, although I lost my patience going down in solo after silly downs. 
I hit round 23 ,3 players last night. I pack a punched haymaker which shot fire bullets. Pack a punched the gun in PAP room. Pack a punched wonder weapon. Was in the process of upgrading the sword and died. 

Targeting round 30 tonight.

Did another 4 player last night, died at 23 again. I guess time is the factor. As many others have said, the map is relatively easy once we get setup, which is a painful process if you don't do it before round 10.

Another thing I want to stress is don;t kill yourself upgrading swords. Most people do it so late in the rounds and unless you have a strategy do deal with zombies and multiple margwa's and flies, meatballs at the same time it is a definite death.

This leads to a question, should this be something that needs to be done, before PAP. I personally want to see how good upgraded sword is, so I want to know if this can be done without unlocking PAP.

• Like 1
On 11/17/2015 at 11:55 AM, way2g00d said:

Did another 4 player last night, died at 23 again. I guess time is the factor. As many others have said, the map is relatively easy once we get setup, which is a painful process if you don't do it before round 10.

Another thing I want to stress is don;t kill yourself upgrading swords. Most people do it so late in the rounds and unless you have a strategy do deal with zombies and multiple margwa's and flies, meatballs at the same time it is a definite death.

This leads to a question, should this be something that needs to be done, before PAP. I personally want to see how good upgraded sword is, so I want to know if this can be done without unlocking PAP.

Like origins, but harder to do both (at least so far). If that makes sense.

44 solo now. 3 times i died stupidly on 44.

2p: (post patch that changed zombie spawns). Edit: 33

Will get higher...

Edited by 83457
Rounds

I made it to 57 last night with 3 downs - 2 on 44 and another at the end. I could have gone further, much further, but I was tired and I played online, so I knew the servers would conk out on me if I left it on (also turned out to be an update, so glad I did kill myself) and so it counted to leaderboards. I ran the Smoke Lounge strategy, and it works great, especially when the spawns start getting quicker. My only problem was Margwa rounds, as I'd have to leave my room, and find a new area to take out the Margwa. I wasn't abel to take it out at longer ranges as my second weapon was a BF Haymaker...

• Like 2
On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2015‎ ‎2‎:‎57‎:‎32‎, Naitrax said:

I made it to 57 last night with 3 downs - 2 on 44 and another at the end. I could have gone further, much further, but I was tired and I played online, so I knew the servers would conk out on me if I left it on (also turned out to be an update, so glad I did kill myself) and so it counted to leaderboards. I ran the Smoke Lounge strategy, and it works great, especially when the spawns start getting quicker. My only problem was Margwa rounds, as I'd have to leave my room, and find a new area to take out the Margwa. I wasn't abel to take it out at longer ranges as my second weapon was a BF Haymaker...

Haymaker is such a good weapon.

We need to set up a match soon Naitrax, I've done nothing but Giant since I bought the game so you get to teach me to SoE, congratulations ;)

Just did a run to Round 40 on Twitch, pretty much as good as you can get until it seems a Moggie downed me in one hit (with Perkaholic!). Killed myself at Round 40, as that was my target and I was tired, haha! I want to get to at least Round 40 on each map.

If you would like I can share the video, it has some funny moments XD Don't know what the policy on sharing stuff here is though. Don't wanna spam you guys. :)

Made it to 53 with three buddies last week. A four player game is SIGNIFICANTLY longer than solo.

Our game lasted NINE hours. We didn't take any major breaks. It was worth it in the end because we made it to ~75th place on the worldwide leaderboard(for Xbox One).

Meanwhile my highest round on solo is only 44, but that game was only slightly over 2 and a half hours.

Going to go for a round 70+ solo game once I have the time. Does anyone know if you are able to slide under the chain traps when they're active?

• Like 1

49 solo 2430 kills 121 headshots 6 revives 9 downs ammo is kinda hard to come by at those points not to mention margwas in the way of you killing the last zombie trying to headshot it was a pain in the ass. but the civil protector is a god send he was still killing them at that round so i guess he is a one hit kill no matter what? 2 of the downs lol was by the chain trap protector revived me right when i was in its path second was same again i think. lil arnies was a life saver also. perks jug qr stamin up is a must for agility and those tight spots speed cola widows wine i had an extra perk so double tap as well. usually jug widows wine cr stamin up

I got to round 28 on solo, died because of the last 2 zombies i stupidly ran into them, but id like to share my strategy as i dont think anyone has found out the trick i got to get the bowie knife at round 2-3 so here goes; 

at round one i straight away check what power up is through the door, we want a double points mainly, a max ammo will probably do, then i open the first door let all 6 zombies come in, then shoot the zombies once each if there is a double points.

Then become the beast, open the first ritual room and activate the crane turn on quick revive and open the door, when you come back pick up the pen and shoot the shadow men then knife the zombies, usually once a zombie is injured and you become the beast it doubles the zombies so you get 12 zombies in one round, knife them all. 

At that point you should have around 1000 points, then round 2 let the zombies come in again, there should be around 10 zombies, shoot them 3 times in the body each, open the door towards the boxing ring, then become the beast and turn on the power to the perk machine and whatever else you need to up there then hit off the other item to the boxing ring ritual.

here you should now have around 20 zombies to stab but before you do go back and collect that double points through the door, knife them all, gain a few extra points also by doing up the windows every round as every few point count. 

You should pretty much have enough to get the bowie knife at this point, so just knife zombies from there, then go do the first ritual, just train them in a circle if any get infront of you just knife them as its a one knife kill.

then kill the last zombie, go to round 3 play as normal, by just knifing leave a zombie, then open the area to the vesper (which is personal choice as i like the vesper) then buy the vesper and do the boxing ring ritual, you can shoot the shadow men for extra points but easier to survive by just training them.

then kill the monster and you gain 2000 points for the ritual and monster, then go onto the bext ritual etc... Until they are all complete, you should be able to end the round with almost 5000 points, enough to get jug and then get the train to find the symols for the egg.

once youe got all the symbols, end the round by the source of the egg and as soon as your able to become the beast zap the symbols and get the egg also knock the box open with the statue.

start chaging it in the statue by the boxing ting as that is the hardest place to survive, remember to just knife.

you should be able to charge that and get to the next statue, which is in the rift, place it there and kill the last few zombies.

round 5 - you should be able to charge the egg up on another 2 statues this round, then do the last one at round 7- as the flies dont count as souls, you will then have the sword.

before ending the round start the upgrade for the sword as its better to get it out the way with as the rounds are still early, and then at the end of every round do the next step and you should have an upgraded sword by the end of round 12.

this is by far the best and probably easiest way to get your game started so you can start training in the rift, you should also have enough points to open all doors and get all fuses and upgrade your gun.

if you get a nuke in early rounds it may take you a little longer.

My game went like this;

round 2 - bowie knife

round 3 - all rituals complete, bowie knife, jug.

round 4 - retrieved the egg right at tge start and put in statue, got nuke staight away so went to round 5

round 5 - charged egg in rift and in the statue towards boxing ring, then went to start charging by vesper.

round 6 - fly round, got quick revive and stamin-up

round 7 - chaged egg by vesper and over the brdge by the water.

round 8 - got the sword right at the beggining, done the first upgrade challenge at the end of the round.

round 9 - exploding balls.

round 10 - end of round completed the next step to upgrading sword.

round 11 - upgraded vesper, 10,000 points. 

My internet connection went at this point so i cant update any further, this is the best way to start off as you could get the upgraded sword by end of round 11 if everything goes good.

so at round 11 i had - jug, stamin up, quick revive, all rituals complete, all fuses retrieved, retrieved the sword and complet 2 of the four steps of upgrade, and could have completed the third step that round, and also upgraded the vesper and had about 8000-10000 points still to use. 

Sorry for the lengthy guide just wanted to break it down, please if anyone tries this, let me know if this is successful for you. 

Thanks In Advance, 

Josh

I had this disaster late night game, downed thrice by round 11: not even cheap crap, i just got got. I received a Perkaholic, which set me straight. Thirty something i went down, managed to stay alive with no perk nor shield for two rounds of intense fighting with the civil protector finishing rounds inconveniently. I got Hidden in Plain Sight, which suited me, used it to get 2 perks. Hit the GG machine next time for Alchemical Antithesis, which i figured would be needed as i was getting higher in rounds, I eventually used it, got another (i wanted the game to end so i wasn't hunting Perkaholics).

I hit 50. Time for bed already.

Nope. Hit 55. Please, self, quit and go to sleep.

Nope. On 57, standing half-asleep at the top of Nero's steps in his workshop, I get signed out for a game update.

Facepalm, headdesk, bodyfloor, zzzzzzz.

Next day edit: the update took away the ability for 360 users to upgrade the Apothicon Servant. But i banged out a 59 with the nerfed version, so i feel vindicated.

Oddly, the signed out game saved all of my stats, camos, leveling, just not the rounds that it shut off on. So it wasn't too bad.

Edited by 83457
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/2/2015 at 8:51 PM, ChinaRepublic said:

Meanwhile my highest round on solo is only 44, but that game was only slightly over 2 and a half hours.

Going to go for a round 70+ solo game once I have the time. Does anyone know if you are able to slide under the chain traps when they're active?

I've died on round 44 several times when i first played. Round 44 again? Ha. It's cursed.

-

You can slide through active traps, currently with very, very little damage. You can just keep going back and forth through it.

-

The 360 gets a little jittery, so i haven't really strived for high rounds.

My best is still 59 solo. Mr. Protector had to pick me up like 4 times on 1 round, so i guess that I'll have to do better.

14530530675452101079052.thumb.jpg.6de659