"You think the city will be just as you left it?"

hi everyone! 

So with SOE literally hours away. id like to discuss a final point that has always been something that has nagged me. We have a lot of confidence in saying that MotD and SoE are connected, but we haven't REALLY seen a concrete way (unless you have seen something in particular that is a spoiler, then dont say it here). Well today, I want to provide some insight.

If anyone remembers the quotes from Mob of the Dead, oen of the more infamous ones is from the Directors Cut trailer, which is a cinematic style trailer. At the end, Salvatore "Sal" De Luca says to himself "do you feel it? eating you? nagging away at you?...What do you think youll find when you get outta here? You think the city will be just as you left it?". Gives me shivers every time. But now we might know what he is actually referring to. 

Morg City, as we know it, seems to have become some zombie ridden hell hole i dont even know tbh what it is. But, maybe we can hazard a guess that this is the city that Sal mentioned? It would also fit in about Finn of Leary's wife who was a "starlet" until she sold him up the river. Sounds like some thing the Femme Fatale would do. 

If anything, I really believe SOE is something they have been waiting for literally years to release. they knew, right from MotD, that this new story would alleviate them from the old screwed up one. In essense, MoTD was merely a guinea pig to see if the story style and attmosphere would work not only on a bigger scale, but to move away from the convuluted storyline that, TBH, was created by the community. 

Thoughts?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say the city itself is ridden with zombies, remember in MotD that we discover from the guard's journal entry/ report (or whatever it was) that the 4 prisoners just kind of vanished and everything else carried on at Alcatraz like normal. It seems like this will be the case in SoE where the new 4 wake in a hellish version of Morg city just like how the prisoners found themselves in a (even more) hellish version of Alcatraz.

And perhaps they've been planning this map since back then, though they basically had 3 years to make this game with over 2 years of that time being able to focus on it completely without having to really worry about BO2. It's possible the basic concept of the map was in mind when they made MotD but I don't think they really nailed down everything else until after Origins came out.

That being said, having actual connections to the characters themselves from MotD would indeed be quite the neat little tie-in between the maps. And who knows when Weasel might ever come back into play somehow. Looking forward to it.

19 hours ago, Spider3000 said:

He was more than likely referring to San Francisco. When I first heard that quote, I assumed he was talking about his illegal business, and how he couldn't easily return to the city to become a prominent Crime Boss again.

Entirely possible. Also since the execution takes place on the Golden Gate bridge

19 hours ago, Kill_All_Monkeys said:

I wouldn't say the city itself is ridden with zombies, remember in MotD that we discover from the guard's journal entry/ report (or whatever it was) that the 4 prisoners just kind of vanished and everything else carried on at Alcatraz like normal. It seems like this will be the case in SoE where the new 4 wake in a hellish version of Morg city just like how the prisoners found themselves in a (even more) hellish version of Alcatraz.

And perhaps they've been planning this map since back then, though they basically had 3 years to make this game with over 2 years of that time being able to focus on it completely without having to really worry about BO2. It's possible the basic concept of the map was in mind when they made MotD but I don't think they really nailed down everything else until after Origins came out.

That being said, having actual connections to the characters themselves from MotD would indeed be quite the neat little tie-in between the maps. And who knows when Weasel might ever come back into play somehow. Looking forward to it.

That's a good way of putting it. I never really listened to that part in Alcatraz, "They just vanished". This has been said but not really proven in a physical dimension. Since jumping into one time to another, it can cause serious rips in the universe. Where two time-zones (either relative or dimensional) can interlock with eachother. Yet nothing can fall in or out these unpurposely, you can simply walk into these pockets making it appear as though you disappeared. They are called Time Pockets, and they were probably here even during the World at War days.

Theoretically, the Zombies could be travelling through these pockets as well, that's why their origin is unclear. And I do understand it does sound like a stretch that each individual spawn point in the maps have these things, and Treyarch probably aren't even focused on this aspect. It is too much to think about. However, if they were to play off this idea any time soon, it would be interesting to hear them tell us that these pockets were intentionally placed in these areas for a specific reason...  I sort of just rambled off there but it's good to be open to these possibilities. 

3 minutes ago, PINNAZ said:
  Hide contents

I was watching a stream & im pretty sure I saw the MOTD movie poster (that's in the cell block) on the wall on SoE. Only reference I've seen so far

Spoiler

There are other references as well as the Escape the Tomb movie, there is the MotD and Origins maps that you see on the walls in the map and a few other things I can't remember at the moment.

23 hours ago, AlphaOmega said:

hi everyone! 

So with SOE literally hours away. id like to discuss a final point that has always been something that has nagged me. We have a lot of confidence in saying that MotD and SoE are connected, but we haven't REALLY seen a concrete way (unless you have seen something in particular that is a spoiler, then dont say it here). Well today, I want to provide some insight.

If anyone remembers the quotes from Mob of the Dead, oen of the more infamous ones is from the Directors Cut trailer, which is a cinematic style trailer. At the end, Salvatore "Sal" De Luca says to himself "do you feel it? eating you? nagging away at you?...What do you think youll find when you get outta here? You think the city will be just as you left it?". Gives me shivers every time. But now we might know what he is actually referring to. 

Morg City, as we know it, seems to have become some zombie ridden hell hole i dont even know tbh what it is. But, maybe we can hazard a guess that this is the city that Sal mentioned? It would also fit in about Finn of Leary's wife who was a "starlet" until she sold him up the river. Sounds like some thing the Femme Fatale would do. 

If anything, I really believe SOE is something they have been waiting for literally years to release. they knew, right from MotD, that this new story would alleviate them from the old screwed up one. In essense, MoTD was merely a guinea pig to see if the story style and attmosphere would work not only on a bigger scale, but to move away from the convuluted storyline that, TBH, was created by the community. 

Thoughts?

If you watched the BO3Fridays they mention that it took 2 and half years to design the map. So it is highly possible that the stories could be in some way connected as SoE has been related to MoTD by the way the characters are being punished for doing something bad in both of them. I would suggest looking more into Salvatore and Morg City to see if there is any relation to each other