Does the release of mod tools change your mind on what to buy the game on?

I'm just curious, I've had a great experience with custom maps in world at war, but I didn't end up buying the game on PC until years after release. Does knowing that black ops 3 mod tools will be available change what system you're going to buy the game for? Why or why not? Personally I'm going to stick with the ps4 until maybe after all the dlc is released, then buy the game on PC next winter when the price is cut. Thoughts?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, The 11th Doctor said:

Probably not, since I doubt my PC could run it, but if I purchased a better one I would definitely buy it.

Also, @Kill_All_Monkeyssales are very rarely done on CoD games on Steam. Black Ops 2  is still full price.

A few months ago they actually had a CoD sale where every game was 50% off or more, with some pretty decent bundles thrown in there too. It's how I got a few more of my friends into custom zombies because WaW was only $10. Both Black Ops games were around $20 at that point too.

I know CoD games are notorious for hardly ever going down in price, but it still happens from time to time and I've noticed it more often in the recent years. Maybe that was just on PSN but still.

Tbh though I'm still probably going to pay whatever the price is regardless as long as BO3 turns out well, because then I know custom zombies will definitely be worth the money.

It convinced me to not bother buying a console that's for sure.

I will not be playing BO3 like I played the previous games.  I don't have the same time or desire to play so hardcore.

I'll miss playing with my bulldog mates but I'll get over it.

In 2 years time they will all get it on PC anyway once there are no more DLCs and there are some great new modded maps out there.

If I want to speak to them in the meantime, that's what teamspeak is for.

Got a copy on Xbone & a copy on PC turning up tomorrow!!!

I purchased the PC version only a few days ago & that was before the Mod Tools announcement. (It was fairly cheap anyway)

I don't buy any games so this was a game I was willing to spend some coin on. I just think that I was saving up for 3 years.

• 1 month later...