End of the zombies story?

I am not sure if anyone has said about this yet but I have been wondering is black ops 3 the end of the zombies story all together?  From the trailer for the giant they seem to have gone back in time and they are attempting to undo what richtofen (as well as maxis) have created. So this leaves us with the possibility of them visiting all the old maps and undoing certain events. This could lead to no zombies in the future for us. I could be wrong (I hope I am) but it seems like it is coming to an end or will it lead onto something much bigger.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I'm thinking not. I have always found a comment one of the big three made once about exploring different parts of their stories in each game quite intriguing. Y'all know Treyarch and the way their stories spread out like a maze in so many different directions-I think we will continue to explore this story for some time yet. 

We'll always be getting zombies as long as it continues its current popularity. They even had another studio besides Treyarch make a zombies mode that was pretty similar to the formula Treyarch built for it. Plus there was the somewhat well received Extinction mode. It has pretty much become THE definitive third/co-op mode for cod.

I really hope Extinction doesn't come back, it was good at the start but it wasn't as enjoyable knowing you had to finish it

We'll always be getting zombies as long as it continues its current popularity. They even had another studio besides Treyarch make a zombies mode that was pretty similar to the formula Treyarch built for it. Plus there was the somewhat well received Extinction mode. It has pretty much become THE definitive third/co-op mode for cod.

I really hope Extinction doesn't come back, it was good at the start but it wasn't as enjoyable knowing you had to finish it

Well I never played Ghost and honestly will probably never play a non-Treyarch cod game again. That's my solution anyway.

I get a good laugh everytime I hear Origins is the ending...it's ORIGINS.

Anyway, as long as Treyarch is in the CoD roster, they'll always make zombies. As time goes on, it might become unrecognizable to the older fans, but I have every reason to believe they will have this side game throughout their partner ship with Activision. I mean they even have the other developers trying to loosely steal their concept.

It's very possible though, that this will be the end of our old heroes. I personally believe that the loop wont end this game, but you never know.

They have some major making up to do though, the crap cliffhanger they gave us on Moon was a slap in the face, only to be followed by a backhand that was BO2.

With the extra year to work on the title, I have every expectation that this game is going to be amazing.

Yeah, Zombies is a big fat cow that is being milked. The Nuketown staples indicate it's a halfway point. But as we saw with TranZit, we don't necessarily have to be a page in the book. And they can easily have us go into a new comic. Zombies won't end anytime soon. It'd be interesting to see if they keep it as all one big story or do what KH is doing and ending the Xehanort Saga with KH3, and starting a new one after that.

Don't you just figure if the story or game-mode reaches a point where it's too large or unwieldy that Treyarch will develop it as a stand alone?   With next-gen consoles and digital media expanding the way it has, I wouldn't be surprised by anything.  Money drives everything.  If they can make money off it they'll make it, and let's face it, I'll buy it.