"The Giant" Gameplay Trailer

LiamFTWinter

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was my dream for what they could do on the Giant, showing an Origins giant being built. Black Ops 3 continues to please me in the biggest and smallest ways, its like 3arch keep tabs on me or something.

This image I have cut out the PaP image looks interesting not sure if its a person in the middle or a face

jTLjh64.png

Could it be a skull or somebody in a throne? Whatever it is its weird.

So new promotional art for "The Giant" has released & in the background you can clearly see one of "Origins" Giants being built.

I called this quite a few months back, only I thought it was going to be where the mainframe is. However it's behind the wall which has yet to be completed. 

My question is what's your guys/gals thoughts on this.

Does "The Giant" take place before "Origins".

Image credit goes to Milo. 

Screenshot_2015-10-25-01-45-04.thumb.png

Edited by Ragdo11706

So new promotional art for "The Giant" has released & in the background you can clearly see one of "Origins" Giants being built.

I called this quite a few months back, only I thought it was going to be where the mainframe is. However it's behind the wall which has yet to be completed. 

I also said that I wanted this to be a thing a while back. To answer your question... No. They have clearly established the timeline of the map to be in the 1940s (probably 1945, can't remember the Fluffy radio dates) but basically what I think is going to be the story is that the "Giant" Project Maxis talks about was this, Cornelius Pernell makes a radio telling Peter to find Maxis and Richtofen saying the Giant must be contained at all costs, meaning this thing thats being built ends up getting finished and escapes Der Riese. Maybe it goes to the past or something and four appear? I don't even know after that but what I do know is that the Giants being in Origins were never really explained, aside from a throwaway line like the Velocity Compensators so I hope this Giant is explained.

I also said that I wanted this to be a thing a while back. To answer your question... No. They have clearly established the timeline of the map to be in the 1940s (probably 1945, can't remember the Fluffy radio dates) but basically what I think is going to be the story is that the "Giant" Project Maxis talks about was this, Cornelius Pernell makes a radio telling Peter to find Maxis and Richtofen saying the Giant must be contained at all costs, meaning this thing thats being built ends up getting finished and escapes Der Riese. Maybe it goes to the past or something and four appear? I don't even know after that but what I do know is that the Giants being in Origins were never really explained, aside from a throwaway line like the Velocity Compensators so I hope this Giant is explained.

Yea, you & me both. I was thinking the same thing. We are there to stop the construction of "The Giant". Which in a way would make sense.

• Administrators

Yes, The Giant occurs sometime after October 1945, based on the CotD radios. 

Also, I am not convinced the Treyarch has used retrospective time travel, as that could cause a grandfather paradox. Besides, Richtofen straight up says in Origins that they powered it using 115, so it would seem that the giant was built in the second decade of the 20th century and perhaps Der Riese was attempting to restore it. 

The theory of a giant being in Der Riese has been around since Der Riese was first released. 

People used to think that you could open (or wondered what was behind) the Garage door behind the furnace. There are probably a few threads about "What was the Garage door used for"

Treyarch are bloody good setting seeds for us all to wonder if something will come into play. Like the message to Peter in Shi No Numa. He uses both "The Giant" & "Der Riese" in that sentence. 

I really hope that they use all of the previous story like Peter & Cornelius & tie all of the other mysteries back in

• Administrators

The theory of a giant being in Der Riese has been around since Der Riese was first released. 

People used to think that you could open (or wondered what was behind) the Garage door behind the furnace. There are probably a few threads about "What was the Garage door used for"

Treyarch are bloody good setting seeds for us all to wonder if something will come into play. Like the message to Peter in Shi No Numa. He uses both "The Giant" & "Der Riese" in that sentence. 

I really hope that they use all of the previous story like Peter & Cornelius & tie all of the other mysteries back in

I'm pretty convinced at this point that the hanging body may be Pernell, based on the info I sent y'all a couple weeks ago. 

In the latest BO3 Friday livestream, Jason Blundell stated that they would be tying up loose ends, as well as making new plot threads, so we definitely could be getting the answers to all those (or most of them anyway) open questions over the years.

In the latest BO3 Friday livestream, Jason Blundell stated that they would be tying up loose ends, as well as making new plot threads, so we definitely could be getting the answers to all those (or most of them anyway) open questions over the years.

With Jimmy Z & Reza no longer at Treyarch, I really hope they continue that same type of story & the legacy. That's what has kept me playing Zombies. (On the other hand the BO2 maps lacked a lot of that)

I think Craig Houston has been a major story writer since World at War so hopefully they don't stray too far away from the unanswered mysteries & tie them up. I love being blown away when they drop an answer to something that appeared in previous maps. (Nuketown loading screen machine in Origins)

So good looking....maybe it's the frame rate I'm not used to on zombies, but damn it looks so effin smooth!

All I want.....are ragdoll physics on the "hanged man". He will dance to my bullet fire and we will laaaaaaugh and laugh.

The one thing I don't want is, any interaction with the Giant. I know its probably going to be part of a new easter egg or something, but I may be the only person that just wants a straight up clone of the old map. I'll take an extra room or two, but I hope they don't get overly flashy and make it a gimmick map like the majority of BO2's maps.

I think it's about time I plug up my ps3 and get back into the swing of high rounds, it's going to be a good month of killing teh zombehs.

I love being blown away when they drop an answer to something that appeared in previous maps. (Nuketown loading screen machine in Origins)

Can you elaborate on this? I don't recall seeing or hearing about this anywhere previously.

I love being blown away when they drop an answer to something that appeared in previous maps. (Nuketown loading screen machine in Origins)

Can you elaborate on this? I don't recall seeing or hearing about this anywhere previously.

@AUG In the starting room on Origins, there is a picture on the wall which is the machine that is on the Nuketown loading screen.

Rather than post it here, check this thread - http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/index.php?/topic/157441-nuketown-loading-screen-machine/

Oh yeah and to add more fuel to that Giant thing, in Kino in Sams room there are figures of the O4 in a village fighting a giant teddy bear... I always thought we were gonna get a map with the O4 fighting a giant and thats what Der Riese hinted too and that technically did happen.

Am I the only one that sees a more of a rail-gun like effect with the wonder waffe? With the gun firing a bolt through multiple zombies and shocking them arround the initial plasma bolt?

Don't know what to think of it , it seems to fire that quick you cant see whats going on

Edited by Shootinfish
Pointless images

Guys. Dafuq am I looking at. Holy Toledo. My mind is whirling. I don't know what to make of this. 

image.thumb.jpeg.b785d0a17f269349e5b7071

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/index.php?/topic/157574-481b-386a-the-missing-blood-vials-from-motd/&page=1

Wow, I have to admit that's a good find. Now we know they're still here (though we could have suspected)!

Actually, I was referring to the clock in the background. The minute hand is at 9:00.

I think its the red seconds hand you can see and its at roughly 45-48 seconds

What is interesting the original giant trailer showed the 2.15 with 0 seconds as below

m10Mvii.jpg

From memory and I am most likely wrong please correct me but didn't DR have 9.35 and click over the same 2 or three seconds

Yes I should learn to tell the time

The seconds hand is in three different locations for the three instances though or am I wrong there also

Im just wondering why that is different and why the clock stops completely in the first released Giant trailer

Edited by Shootinfish