They set a goal, and accomplished it. They wanted to have the fastest completed EEs on all the maps that have a ranking/leaderboard for, which is 8 total. Some of their times are insanely low, which came from some nifty teamwork. I don't know them, or even ever heard of them, but they have definitely acheived something that could possibly be in discussion for "some of the all greatest all time zombie accomplishments". You normally see a lot  of solo feats, some that are atop that conversation "403 nml" (of course), but this 4 player world record ee run is pretty cool story nonetheless, but  Here's the link

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really understand why there would even be a section for EE speedruns considering that most if not all EE's require the box, thus making them luck based. Some people can get what they need from the box quicker than others. I suppose the same can be said for high round runs that rely on wonder weapons, but I also don't really understand the whole speed run thing for that either.

Still impressive nonetheless but the only thing that I take as a "world record" is high rounds and NML. All else is just irrelevant for the most part.

Speed runs have very little to do with luck rather then patience. When attempting one that needs the mystery box on either solo or co op, if you don't pull exactly what's needed like emps, time bomb, mark 2, shrink ray, within the first few hits, and in some cases the first box hit, it's already to late, your time has suffered to much. And when you don't get that rare box hit, you just end up quitting and restarting. So just the nature of quitting each game until you get the exact box hit needed, is rather growling. Also you need the map to fall perfect sometimes, or it's better to restart. But even after 1000 restarts, you may finally get exactly what you need, you still need to survive.  Speed runs have some comparison to nml, you need that perfect start, or it's better to restart.  And with 4 players that adds so many more elements to the picture. Some of the times are insane, transit maxi ee 10mins, rich 21mins... Origins ee 36mins.... MOTD ee 18mins... Ascension ee 34mins.... I personally been pursuing a solo rd30 speed run on origins for well over a year, and the handful of times the box gave me monkeys and the mark2, I died prior to rd30 anyway lol