Black Ops 3 DLC to Contain Favs from WaW & Blops Series

The season pass info was updated on the Xbox Live store.

ssn.thumb.png.c234fcc0f3cf319dbf4c16be3f

"The Call of Duty: Black Ops III Season Pass delivers 4 epic DLC map packs in 2016 with all-new multiplayer content, including re-imagined fan-favorite maps from Call of Duty: World at War and the Call of Duty: Black Ops series, plus thrilling Treyarch Zombies content, all for one great price."

Via - Charlie Intel - Blops DLC info Via XBOX

I'm sure it will be mixed in with fresh maps, I hope to see weapon dlc!!! If AW can get the MP40 I see no reason we can't get guns....What are some of your favorite maps/guns from the Treayrch Lines of games? 

Personally I would like to see Castle, Dome, Asylum, Jungle, and Kowloon just to name a few. Guns would Arisaka, Gewher, Thompson, PPSH, Commando, LS21.....

Edited by RedDeadRiot
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it was happening on BO2 I was pretty against it. I mean I did have fun on those maps. But they were just reskins. But with BO3, and the new movement options and such, I can see some new tactics with the maps. They'll have some slight redesigns as well to hold up with the base maps as well.

Hijacked is all but confirmed.

I don't particularly want to see Hijacked come back because I'm not exaggerating when I say I probably played on that map 4 times out of every 10 matches throughout the course of BO2. But from a list of BO2 maps to return I know that one will be at the very top. I want to see something like Slums return with some redesigns to incorporate the new movement system, I think that could be a really good map.

Edited by Kill_All_Monkeys

Irregardless off new technology to work on, personally I find the idea of remaking old MP maps again to be extremely lazy and insulting to the customer. Are they seriously lacking is innovation that they cannot just make brand new maps? Is this the new trend with Call of Duty? To just keep bring back old maps and have the customer pay for them over, and over, and over...

How long before we start seeing remakes being remade? Oh wait... that's Nuketown. It shows a complete lack of imagination to just regurgitate the same maps time and time again. They also know how to completely butcher the term "fan favourite". Maybe I am jumping the gun a tad though and it might not necessarily be remakes or reimaginings but new takes on older areas or even zombie maps becoming MP maps but with the choice of wording they used and the track record of having at least 1 remake per DLC in the last 3 CoD titles I expect the same to happen with BO3. Hopefully not though but there has to be a line drawn somewhere.

3 years they have had to make this CoD, just as Sledgehammer had with AW. Surely that is ample time to be creative enough to produce original content.

I would argue that it's partially because I've seen a lot of people asking for certain maps back for years in every cod game. Maybe this isn't the right term for but I like to call them the "try hard" crowd. They want to be like the MLG pros and it's always the popular maps that make it into the MLG circuit and so they learn the ins and outs and everything else about said maps and want to carry that intimate knowledge of the layouts with them to future cod games. Activision and the developers probably thought they would take the opportunity to cut development time a little bit to just update older maps and maybe even put more focus on the new stuff during development.

I personally wish remakes would just be included in free updates as they are stuff we've already bought before but oh well, they gotta make a profit somehow. In spite of their games being some of the highest selling of all time.

A lot of people will not be pleased with this.

I for one don't care unless they give me Upheaval. :3

Upheaval was one of my favorites from WaW.  Perfect map size and nice layout for all different types of gameplay.

I still hope someday there will be a full remake of WaW for this current gen.

I still hope someday there will be a full remake of WaW for this current gen.

Yes, I would love that. World at War on last-gen is hacked to death, and I never got to experience the Multiplayer that much.

And since Eric Hirshberg said he'd love to see remakes of old CoD games, it isn't impossible to think we'll get a WaW remake one day.

The only way I would be in favor of remade maps, is if they come in addition to 4 new MP maps per DLC.  I understand this probably isnt' the case which is why I hate this.  I get it, they've made some maps that we love in the past.  Now instead of giving them the chance to make our next batch of favorites, we are just going to get reskins of old maps.  Seems lazy and seems that they perhaps don't have a ton of confidence that they can make 16 new good maps

The only way I would be in favor of remade maps, is if they come in addition to 4 new MP maps per DLC.  I understand this probably isnt' the case which is why I hate this.  I get it, they've made some maps that we love in the past.  Now instead of giving them the chance to make our next batch of favorites, we are just going to get reskins of old maps.  Seems lazy and seems that they perhaps don't have a ton of confidence that they can make 16 new good maps

Well a lot of it has to do with how the map's design was generally approved of. So in making the next map, they realize hey, this map looks eerily similar to this old map, why not just make it a re-skin, add a few features here and there, and use it for marketing purposes? 

It's about convenience not necessarily the need to be unoriginal. 

Besides, look at nuketown, how the hell is that going to be OK for use with the thrust jumps? IDK. Might have something to do with those changing blocks in the gameplay we've seen... Either way, they have to upgrade maps to make them usable with new movement systems. 

WaW was my favorite MP Call of Duty, so part of me wants to replay those maps, since like many said, they're riddled with modders and cheaters nowadays. But I personally was very dissapointed with the Cliffside golf course remake. Was a dumb idea and looked terrible. So I'd hate to see what they can do to some of my other favorites. 

What they should do is give us 4 new maps each DLC. Then at the end of the year, when the next CoD game is coming out, give BO3 fans a last DLC not included in the Season Pass. An optional remastered version of WaW maps for next gen. Like Bad Company 2's Vietnam DLC they had which was awesome. Even if they just released 8 maps, if they included some remastered WWII weapons, I'd cough up 20 bucks for that. Release it a month before the next game comes out, get everyone back into CoD to help build the hype for the new release, and if its Ghosts 2, at least we get some CoD to mess with while we wait out another year. And Treyarch can test the market if they are still considering a WWII game at some point.

They probably counted on fans nostalgia with those weapons to sell more Advanced Supply Drops.

Well i havent used half of them, im actually disappointed that they didnt add them to the printer in the exo zombie maps, i even asked them too, but of course was ignored. I've no interest in the mp, not enough to try the weapons on there.

They probably counted on fans nostalgia with those weapons to sell more Advanced Supply Drops.

Well i havent used half of them, im actually disappointed that they didnt add them to the printer in the exo zombie maps, i even asked them too, but of course was ignored. I've no interest in the mp, not enough to try the weapons on there.

I play a lot of MP, and thanks to a lucky SD drop last night i finally got my 3rd of the 8 new weapons.  It is indefensible what they did with these weapons