Character Relationships

I never really see anybody talk about this when a new map is coming out. Usually the way characters interact with each other in a map says a lot about who they are and really makes the characters a group. I have seen a lot of people theorizing on what the characters will be like, but not their relationship with other characters.

For example, I believe that Vincent will not particularly get on with any character and will just be annoyed about the situation he is in. I think he will mostly like Campbell out of any character, then find Nero irritating and finally he may drastically hate Jessica just simply based off of her personality. But for all I know they could be good friends in the map and Vincent could hate Campbell. This is kind of what I like to think about, how characters view each other. Origins does it really well because they actually learn that they need to work together to accomplish their goals so it makes for good character evolution, especially knowing their future.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like the idea that all 4 of them hate each other.

They seem like rather selfish characters that is why I think of that, but it would probably be too boring.

Yeah, I had the same idea. I can't really see any of them liking each other, but no doubt there will be some characters who like others.

Although, I believe all the characters will probably find Nero irritating.

Origins has my favourite character interaction as well. I still prefer the Origins versions of the O4. I think they're much better, and were written very well.

I agreee about the Origins characters. The thing is though, I think it might get boring if everyone hates each other. Its like "You have to survive together, quit complaining about it and get on with it." Which is what they did in Origins. The arguments with the N4 were irritating to me though.

I imagine nero will beleive himself to be a god and the best, a bit like marelton or russman. Then floyd would be the toughest and KNOW it like misty. Vincent honestly won't give a fuck and will likely praise himself for stealing points away from others. Jessica will just take pleasure in killing as little as possible, as she hates work. From this I theorize jessica and floyd will be a pair and vincent and nero will be a "pair" but they don't really compliment each other but on rare occasion. 

I imagine nero will beleive himself to be a god and the best, a bit like marelton or russman. Then floyd would be the toughest and KNOW it like misty. Vincent honestly won't give a fuck and will likely praise himself for stealing points away from others. Jessica will just take pleasure in killing as little as possible, as she hates work. From this I theorize jessica and floyd will be a pair and vincent and nero will be a "pair" but they don't really compliment each other but on rare occasion. 

Russman noly cares about giving candy to children. He must be in the map because of Gobblegum. Actually, I think their wont be a pairing and it will be like Mob of the Dead and Origins. One character vs three. Nero vs the others. Arlington vs the others. Richtofen vs the others, its their running theme.

The original 4 were every person hated another, was neutral towards one, and liked the last. 

Nikolai liked tank, hated takeo, didn't care much about richtofen. 

Takeo hated nikolai, didn't care about tank, and liked richtofen. 

Richtofen hated tank, loved nikolai, and didn't care much about takeo. 

Tank hated richtofen, liked takeo, and didn't care much about nikolai.  

They were very intertwined. But In COTD every character was pretty neutral towards one another. I think we'll be seeing the same thing here actually. 

The original 4 were every person hated another, was neutral towards one, and liked the last. 

They were very intertwined. But In COTD every character was pretty neutral towards one another. I think we'll be seeing the same thing here actually. 

Yeah except Dempsey who kind of had a grudge against Richtofen for lying to him but ended up getting drunk so it did not matter.

It was this interplay that made me absolutely love the O4. I really miss the days of Rictofen yelling at Dempsey, I really do.

Yeah except Dempsey who kind of had a grudge against Richtofen for lying to him but ended up getting drunk so it did not matter.

I meant the COTD characters Sara Michelle Geller, Danny trejo, robbert englund, and Michel Rooker. 

It was this interplay that made me absolutely love the O4. I really miss the days of Rictofen yelling at Dempsey, I really do.

"I hate your face Dempsey."

"Oh I think I can see your house from here Dempsey... It's on fire"

"You're so tiny I could have a piece of you for a quarter... DEMSPEY GIVE ME A QUARTER!"

"Hello Dempsey. Ah. It's just a portrait... AN UGLY ONE!"

I should probably stop before I get carried away.

"You're so tiny I could have a piece of you for a quarter... DEMSPEY GIVE ME A QUARTER!"

Yeah. I forgot why the O4 were actually so good. They just keep getting better. To be honest I think they are probably the most perfectest characters in any video game ever.

Yeah. I forgot why the O4 were actually so good. They just keep getting better. To be honest I think they are probably the most perfectest characters in any video game ever.

Certainly my favorites.

Didn't there relationship change in the later maps? Doesn't Takeo start faking him liking Richtofen? And I think there was one map where Nikolai didn't really like Tank either (Ascension possibly).

Funnily enough, White and Green always hate each other, and Blue and Yellow always hate each other. It's kind of the one constant in every group except Mob and Origins. (I know Black Ops 2 randomises the colour, but I always considered Misty/White, Marlton/Blue, Russman/Yellow, and Samuel/Green). Dunno if this will apply to these characters though. I can't tell yet who's gonna be the leader/white, or the one who knows things/green (seems like it's pointing to Nero).

Didn't there relationship change in the later maps? Doesn't Takeo start faking him liking Richtofen? And I think there was one map where Nikolai didn't really like Tank either (Ascension possibly).

Funnily enough, White and Green always hate each other, and Blue and Yellow always hate each other. It's kind of the one constant in every group except Mob and Origins. (I know Black Ops 2 randomises the colour, but I always considered Misty/White, Marlton/Blue, Russman/Yellow, and Samuel/Green). Dunno if this will apply to these characters though. I can't tell yet who's gonna be the leader/white, or the one who knows things/green (seems like it's pointing to Nero).

And moon where richtofen is always in a multi-player lobby. Also, COTD, Five, and Exo zombies if you count them. 

If Misty is considered to be the white player for BO2, then in Treyarch zombies both playable female characters have been the "white" character. My guess is that Jessica will be the same for this one unless it's randomized again.

I mean she's not officially the white player, but I consider her the white player since she seems the leader like Dempsey. If not randomized (but it probably will be), Jessica could be the leader/white player since she is at the forefront of the poster.

If Misty is considered to be the white player for BO2, then in Treyarch zombies both playable female characters have been the "white" character. My guess is that Jessica will be the same for this one unless it's randomized again.

I mean she's not officially the white player, but I consider her the white player since she seems the leader like Dempsey. If not randomized (but it probably will be), Jessica could be the leader/white player since she is at the forefront of the poster.

I consider her the white player because as you said she was the most similar to Dempsey. Actually there are some strong character correlations between the N4 (and their assumed color assignements) and the O4

(White) Misty -> Dempsey: Loud mouthed and most eager for combat with a take-no-shit attitude, takes control of combat situations

(Blue) Marlton -> Nikolai: Tendacy to babble on due to vodka/nerdiness, excited about holding new or favorite weapons, mainly just follows what the others are doing

(Yellow) Russman -> Takeo: Older character with mysterious past that regained their memory over time, spouts off philosophical bits of wisdom

(Green) Samuel -> Richtofen: The crazy one who revels in the blood (in a more disturbing manner than white player), hears voices and something about conspiracies

Now the white player role using this deduction would likely go to The Boxer given his penchant for fighting and possible brashness, but I still have a strong gut feeling Jessica will fall into the vocal leader role for this map. Maybe they changed the formula completely just for this map, who knows. MotD certainly didn't follow the formula too well and this map has the strongest ties to MotD more than any of the others. 

True true. I'm not too confident on their colours, but I reckon Sal would be White (due to being the mob boss), Weasel would be Green (since he is central to all this), and I just put Finn as Blue and Billy as Yellow for no real reason.

I get the feeling for Shadows that Nero and Floyd Campbell would dislike each other. Just because of their different lifestyles and personalities. If it repeats itself with two people hating each other, than that could be Jessica and Jack Vincent hating each other, which I could see.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/callofduty/images/8/8f/Shadows_of_Evil_Poster_BO3.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150710130746

Looking at the poster, Nero is very overbearing. It kinda makes it look like he has a connection with Shadowman, but I'm not sure if he does or not. But I do think he would be the Green player.

Jessica is at the forefront of the poster, sort of the focus since we see most of her body. Dempsey in the Ascension poster, and Sarah in the CotD poster were also at the front, and were also the white player. Misty was also the focus of that orange poster, and I'd say she's the white player too. Using that, I think Jessica could be the White player too.

Another way we could tell the colours, is the order they're shown in the prologue. It goes Jessica, Jack Vincent, Floyd Campbell, and Nero. Using the White, Blue, Yellow, Green order, that ends up as-

Jessica (White)
Jack Vincent (Blue)
Floyd Campbell (Yellow)
Nero (Green)

Of course we'll never know this unless they're not randomized.

I hope they go back to set colors actually, I mean it's not a big deal or anything but I was somewhat disappointed by that when BO2 came out and especially when Origins came out that even the O4 didn't have set colors anymore.

As for the SoE4, I would agree with the above placement. Especially with Vincent cracking that joke about his wife in the reveal trailer, he seems very Nikolai-ish to me. He probably drinks too.

I hope they go back to set colors actually, I mean it's not a big deal or anything but I was somewhat disappointed by that when BO2 came out and especially when Origins came out that even the O4 didn't have set colors anymore.

As for the SoE4, I would agree with the above placement. Especially with Vincent cracking that joke about his wife in the reveal trailer, he seems very Nikolai-ish to me. He probably drinks too.

In the opening, it's floyd and nero that drink. 

There's a brief but clear shot of Vincent holding a glass too. Though I would assume most people who go to a bar/dance club after committing murder would probably have a drink or two.

There's a brief but clear shot of Vincent holding a glass too. Though I would assume most people who go to a bar/dance club after committing murder would probably have a drink or two.

He has a drink but him and Jessica both inhale smoke that makes them fall asleep.