SOMA - Horror Game-inspired map

HitmanVere

soma-title.png

SOMA is a Horror Game released last month from Frictional Games, makers of Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Unlike most horror games, this game goes for more psychological factor of horror rather than jumpscares. You travel through futuristic space-station looking areas and underwater-areas, like shipwrecks.

I have watched Markiplier play this game and I have to say, that the detail is massive and plot is very well thought out. I feel, that it could be done for WaW and that it would be worth it, if done right.

Heres some screenshots of the game:

SOMA-gets-new-trailer-screenshots-showca

PreviewScreen_08.0.png

PreviewScreen_01.0.png

Features:
-As game is set in future, futuristic weapons would go well in this map and/or Bioshock weapons

-Hacking device to open doors. In the game, there is a tool called Omnitool, which you can use to open certain doors:

mv528hvJm5iw.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

-Boss in the map would be this guy:
soma_review_b_1920.0.jpg
In the game, he only kills players, if they look at him, but we can make exception there. If player is too close to him, he blurs your vision and kills you over time, if standing too long close to him. At certain health he starts running after you.

-Perks could be changed to panels from the game and to activate them, you need to hack them with Omnitool, similar to how perks are activated in Origins, except you need a tool to activate them and no special zombies are after you:

33dec6ad5abb4a729fb011a659d97cda.png

Let me know what you think of this idea. Imo this should be a thing definitely.

Edited by Lenne
Fixed
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like how Moon should have been to be honest. I wouldn't mind something along the lines of this. Especially with a feature like the Omnitool which seems like an all round better version of the hacker.

• 2 weeks later...

If BO III will have mod support let this be your first map, please. 

Well, someone is working on it for WaW, so :CLINDOEIL:

Could that somebody be you? If so does that mean your not leaving the game?

• 2 months later...

I've actually seen this game and I highly approve. 

An idea: 

What if to access certain parts of the map you NEED to teleport, but when you reach the other side, you no longer have the guns and perks you did before leaving, later you can return to your first body to find it ravaged by zombies and pick up the perks and guns on it. 

It would really give insight to the "You are not the original you" theme to the game.

On 22.1.2016 at 7:45 AM, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I've actually seen this game and I highly approve. 

An idea: 

What if to access certain parts of the map you NEED to teleport, but when you reach the other side, you no longer have the guns and perks you did before leaving, later you can return to your first body to find it ravaged by zombies and pick up the perks and guns on it. 

It would really give insight to the "You are not the original you" theme to the game.

That is actually an good idea. But wouldnt work that well in co-op, would it? If the map was solo-only, this would be so horrifying and cool :tounge_wink:

1 hour ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

It could work in co-op just fine, just limit the teleporters to only be usable once. 

And your old body would become AI, following other people around and then dying at some point? Or you can find it still living, hearing same quotes on him and all...

Im writing that down, lol