Shadows of Evil Song

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we don't know if it's just for the trailer or if it's the actual easteregg song. Analyzing this song would be like analyzing "In the jungle" or "Carry on" or "Evil ways" and wouldn't have much point. 

Their isn't a topic about it because it was leaked from the beta files so it shouldn't even be on this site. Also it is the easter egg song, that much is obvious. It isn't a song that exists outside of zombies, like previous trailer songs since I spent a long time searching for it and the lyrics seem reminiscent of zombies.

Well we don't know if it's just for the trailer or if it's the actual easteregg song. Analyzing this song would be like analyzing "In the jungle" or "Carry on" or "Evil ways" and wouldn't have much point. 

Their isn't a topic about it because it was leaked from the beta files so it shouldn't even be on this site. Also it is the easter egg song, that much is obvious. It isn't a song that exists outside of zombies, like previous trailer songs since I spent a long time searching for it and the lyrics seem reminiscent of zombies.

..... This song was defiantly not from the beta files it was a part of the trailer which was released far before. If we wanted to analyze it we would have. But like the other songs, we can't assume it's the easter egg song. I know I've heard this song before this actually, I believe it's darude sandstorm, but could be wrong. 

• Administrators

Who knows if it's an easter egg song at this point? It may have been made for the game but it might not even be any relevance to the story at all but I personally think it is the easter egg song since it doesn't exist outside of zombies and the song also doesn't have a name that's been revealed yet.

Yep not confirmed yet, but I'm sure it will be incorporated in some shape or format. Intro, cut scene, easter egg, or who knows maybe some sort of juke box.

..... This song was defiantly not from the beta files it was a part of the trailer which was released far before. If we wanted to analyze it we would have. But like the other songs, we can't assume it's the easter egg song. I know I've heard this song before this actually, I believe it's darude sandstorm, but could be wrong. 

No. As I said, this is the version of the full song from the beta files. Have you actually listened to it? It has extra parts and no trailer audio such as character quotes. This is exactly from the beta files, it can't be from anywhere else, you probably should have listened to it. Also as I said, its one of the easter egg songs.

I think it should be analysed because there is no way that it is a campaign song like Carry On. Also since it is apparently an original song with original lyrics. 

But this is from the beta leaks so it shouldn't be on here yet?

I think it should be analysed because there is no way that it is a campaign song like Carry On. Also since it is apparently an original song with original lyrics. 

But this is from the beta leaks so it shouldn't be on here yet?

There are a lot of grey areas, which the staff have even acknowledged, but since it's been up here for quite a number of hours now, and a Mod has commented, I think it should be safe to discuss it. I personally don't think there's anything meaningful in the song though.

• Moderators

Maybe this is the main song and Treyarch is leaning more towards the classic trailer approach again?

On one hand this would make me happy especially if Elena really returns. On the other hand a bit sad cause then I couldn't watch the cool trailers made by Rissole anymore. ;(

No, you guys aren't getting it. This whole song, the YouTube video is directly taken from the beta files. That stuff shouldn't be on spoilers, its not hazy they explained what should and should not be on here. Also it is in the map, since as I said the full song is in the beta files but it is not the side song like Shepherd of Fire,

or at least if it is its an original one since their is another side song that is a pre-existing one.

Since part of this song was used in both trailers, one of which being the intro, I find it extremely likely that it will be one of the songs available in the map. It may not be the main one found by activating the 3 teddy bears/meteorites/etc but it's probably in there. Usually what they put in the trailers tends to make it's way into the map somehow.

Since part of this song was used in both trailers, one of which being the intro, I find it extremely likely that it will be one of the songs available in the map. It may not be the main one found by activating the 3 teddy bears/meteorites/etc but it's probably in there. Usually what they put in the trailers tends to make it's way into the map somehow.

But it already is in the map? Why are people having such a hard time of believing this song is in the map?

But it already is in the map? Why are people having such a hard time of believing this song is in the map?

I know it is, technically just being in the intro already makes it "in the map". I'm trying to look at it from the standpoint of we're not actually completely sure everything from the PC beta files made it into the final game. I was just trying to point out how every song featured in a trailer (and intro) for a map does make it into the map itself. Though in retrospect I guess it is kind of silly to argue this since we do know for a fact it's in there.

I know it is, technically just being in the intro already makes it "in the map". I'm trying to look at it from the standpoint of we're not actually completely sure everything from the PC beta files made it into the final game. I was just trying to point out how every song featured in a trailer (and intro) for a map does make it into the map itself. Though in retrospect I guess it is kind of silly to argue this since we do know for a fact it's in there.

It isn't in the intro. It makes sense for this to be the EE song, it is a new song that was made for Shadows of Evil, it has references to the map and it was in the beta files along with all of those perk jingles and

another already existing song that will serve as the side song.

It isn't in the intro. It makes sense for this to be the EE song, it is a new song that was made for Shadows of Evil, it has references to the map and it was in the beta files along with all of those perk jingles and

Hidden Content

Is there not an instrumental version playing in the background to the intro? At least for part of it and not the whole thing? I could've sworn there was.

Hidden Content

Is there not an instrumental version playing in the background to the intro? At least for part of it and not the whole thing? I could've sworn there was.

There is? Give me a second to take a listen. Edit: No there is just a jazz music score, not this song.

Oh also, this is going to really seal the deal for people...

In the files, Wicked Fight is said to be in the SoE soundtrack. So it is obviously in the map.

Edited by Nightmare Voyager

Hidden Content

There is? Give me a second to take a listen. Edit: No there is just a jazz music score, not this song.

Oh also, this is going to really seal the deal for people...

Hidden Content

Well shame on me for generalizing jazz music and not realizing the difference.

I don't see any evidence or reason for it not to be in the map, the soundtrack is a pretty solid indicator for its inclusion. The song's grown on me too so it should be a fun little song to slay zombies to.

Yeah, I am loving all of these jazz songs and stuff. Also at the end of that specific video of the song, theres some jazzy music which is one of the possible round starting music pieces that was in the files, so you can tell they just took it straight from the files. Its surprising the song is still up though. The intro audio is also still up on YouTube, so I don't think you can justify this being on here if its just an oversight by Activision since I can assure you they wouldn't want the audio from the intro just on YT for everyone to be able to listen to.

Edited by Nightmare Voyager

This song wasn't used in the intro but big portions of it were in the trailer from a few months back

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1g8bHdnMgf8

I would assume the other song from the PC files would fall into that grey area. Hasn't been shown in any trailer or played anywhere else, and I personally have avoided listening to it. I would like to save something for release! But if it is allowed to be posted, personally I'm happy to just avoid that thread.

Edited by DaveLo07