New game mode revealed: Free Run

So in the latest Friday live stream Treyarch has revealed a brand new game mode for multiplayer called Free Run. Basically it's a competitive parkour styled mode using the new movement mechanics. It's certainly interesting that they would actually choose to include something like this, and to me it shows that they have some pride in the new movement system they've created and want to take full advantage of it rather than it just being a new gimmick that ultimately doesn't mean much *coughAWcough*. 

Anyway, I can't see this as being beside the other core game modes and will probably be set in the party game modes playlist. But seeing how fun those usually are I'll definitely give this new mode a shot. Who knows, maybe it will be a break-out hit and get it's own MLG scene. Probably not but I would like for it to be that good.

For more information about it with video included : http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/16/call-of-duty-black-ops-3-parkour-racing-free-run-mode-revealed?utm_source=IGN hub page&utm_medium=IGN (front page)&utm_content=20&utm_campaign=Blogroll 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised this wasn't revealed sooner to be honest. This is certainly something unique to cod games and considering how they were talking up the new movement system with the mp reveal a few months back you would've thought they would've been like "it's so revolutionary we even made a new game mode for it". I do have my skepticism about how successful it will be but I'm looking at it in a way that it will probably be something me and my friends can hop into from time to time to have a good laugh and get unnecessarily competitive about. 

This is also one step closer to RC car racing in a cod game too. Please Treyarch, I definitely need some Rocket League in my cod game.

My thinking here is that: This can't do any harm. 

I mean, they've given us 2, possibly 3 zombies maps, DOA2, co-op campaign, and the funnest multiplayer yet IMO.... If they want to add a trial run training ground for new players to get used to the controls, or for pro players to get some impressive times, I'm all for it. Not that it matters however, douches will just glitch/hack the game to get top score anyways. 

My thinking here is that: This can't do any harm. 

I mean, they've given us 2, possibly 3 zombies maps, DOA2, co-op campaign, and the funnest multiplayer yet IMO.... If they want to add a trial run training ground for new players to get used to the controls, or for pro players to get some impressive times, I'm all for it. Not that it matters however, douches will just glitch/hack the game to get top score anyways. 

That's pretty much my mentality for this game. The beta was pretty fun, much better than previous cod mp's. Plus I've enjoyed Black Ops multiplayer the most so far. so looking forward to that. Campaign looks to be amazing and fun this time around, I've even heard it's the longest one yet. Once again I've enjoyed the BO campaigns the most as well. Plus you can't go wrong with co-op. And as for zombies, we look to be getting a decent starting amount again, and who knows what else. All in all, this one extra mode can't possibly hurt everything the game has going for it already. It does look like a good place for people to get use to the new controls as well so that already makes it good in my opinion. Can't wait to try it out and everything else the game has to offer.

Bit like argar.io?

You know whats weird? I had an idea about something very vaguely like that game that is kind of a replacement for Turned and could be something like a mobile game. You choose to either play as Sam, Maxis, Richtofen or your own controller and control the undead to take over the world by making bigger groups of zombies.

With people being the dots, other controllers being BIGGER groups of zombies, and people with guns being the viruses?

Yeah exactly that. Like a COD Zombies mobile game centered around world domination.

That'd be cool. And you got to pick between the map as well? Like you could be on COTD, Moon, Tranzit, ect. 

Yeah exactly. Mostly I had this idea because of Fallout Shelter. I never thought much into it though since it seems unlikely. Dead Ops arcade being top down could also factor into this idea.