Carls Jr. Announces partnership with Activision for Blops II

Via - Carls Jr./Hardees announces Acti. Partnership for Blops III 

“Call of Duty is the most beloved video game franchise in the world and one of the biggest entertainment brands of all-time, so partnering with Activision for the launch of the new Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 presents a great opportunity to bring our brands together,” says Brad Haley, chief marketing officer for Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s restaurants. “Our target customers love burgers, like our new Tex Mex Bacon Thickburger, and Call of Duty, so the two have now come together in an ‘Ultimate Care Package’ combo meal, complete with customized Call of Duty packaging that includes a peel-and-win game piece for a chance to win epic Black Ops 3 prizes....

Available at Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s starting October 21, 2015, fans can enjoy the “Ultimate Care Package” – a Black Ops 3 branded combo meal that consists of a Tex Mex Bacon Thickburger
, large fries and a large drink. The “Ultimate Care Package” includes a peel-and-win game piece giving customers the chance to win the ultimate gamer’s dream:

A three-day, two-night trip to Los Angeles that includes a tour of award-winning Call of Duty design studio, Treyarch, and the chance to meet members of the Call of Duty: Black Ops III development team. The Grand Prize Winner will also receive a gift bag full of Call of Duty: Black Ops III gear, including a copy of the game signed by members of the studio.

Instant-win prizes include: Call of Duty: Black Ops III games, Astro headsets outfitted with a Call of Duty: Black Ops III mod kit, in-game themed “Take Out” personalization pack containing a weapon camo, reticles and a calling card, as well as other clothing and gear items from 5.11 Tactical, and free food coupons.

More information on the sweepstakes, including prize details, rules and regulations can be found at www.carlsjr.com/callofduty or www.hardees.com/callofduty."

What do you guys think? Will you be heading to your local CJ's or Hardees to pick up a combo? 

Edited by RedDeadRiot
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an even stranger promotion than the ride in my opinion. Burgers? I would have understood it with Infection, but like how does this even relate to zombies?

They've been all over the map lately with promotions. I think Activision is just really feeling the need to promote the game more than usual, probably because of the poor reception of the previous 2 games.

Gamers are fat and love to eat unhealthy, there you go, NV. 

:P

Yeah, Activision really love reinforcing the gamer stereotype don't they?

Yeah we just need a promotion with Doritos and Mountain Dew that amounts to nothing...

Oh wait.

Am I the only one who thinks this is completely irrelevant to COD as a whole and that they should really spend their money doing something more meaningful? I thought the ride was a waste of money but I take that back because compared to this, the ride was a good use of money.

• Moderators

Am I the only one who thinks this is completely irrelevant to COD as a whole and that they should really spend their money doing something more meaningful? I thought the ride was a waste of money but I take that back because compared to this, the ride was a good use of money.

Well super Mario is completely irrelevant to McDonalds and still you can get toys from it in your happy meal. (Was really tempted to buy one last weekend.)

Point is: The higher ups don't care if something is relevant as long as it prints all the monies.