Who exactly is the shadow man?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually he is on some sticker things that came from gamescon as well. I just think Treyarchs marketing division have a thing for Brutus.

Yeah, probably. After all, nothing screams "big and scary" like Brutus

The Panzer Soldat kinda does? I would prefer him being marketed more than Brutus but I guess its because he kind of looks like a robot.

Brutus so far, alongside the napalm zombie, are the biggest zombie-esque bosses to date. They simply look identifiable, but still clearly a zombie. Dogs,George, novas, monkeys, screechers,causmonauts, avagadros, witches, and the panser can't do that as they're either not close enough to a human zombie, or they're george and thus they don't have permission to publish his face like that. 

Brutus so far, alongside the napalm zombie, are the biggest zombie-esque bosses to date. They simply look identifiable, but still clearly a zombie. Dogs,George, novas, monkeys, screechers,causmonauts, avagadros, witches, and the panser can't do that as they're either not close enough to a human zombie, or they're george and thus they don't have permission to publish his face like that. 

Actually the biggest zombie boss thing to date is the Nova Crawler. That was used everywhere in Black Ops, it was the Brutus of that game marketing wise. They choose a popular zombie, probably get polls from stockholders or market research and go with it.

What if Shadow Man is yet ANOTHER version of richtofen from another dimension? Or perhaps a Part of Richtofen that was taken by the MPD? 

Ii was thinking something like this too. The American kid versions of Sam and Richtofen seem so out of place, unless the whole game is indeed just two kids playing (which would suck). So maybe those were versions of them that were clones, or parts of them that the MPD took away, like their innocence or some nonsense, or God versions of them like Lost. WHo knows. But it crossed my mind that maybe these versions were going to somehow be connected to the Shadow man. Like he's adult American Richtofen grown up, or at least the Richtofen who's turn its supposed to be. 

What if Shadow Man is yet ANOTHER version of richtofen from another dimension? Or perhaps a Part of Richtofen that was taken by the MPD? OR The best reveal yet. Shadow Man is Jason Todd again

It's probably jason todd.

I probably found this funnier than I should have.

literally LOL`d 

Im starting with who he isnt

ie: None of the people shown in the detective DXP clip

It seems to me its hinted that its the person in the police report but this is too obvious

Although the police training shot makes me think he could have tried out for the police and not made it for whatever reason

He could be connected to the photographer did he tip him off ?

Who rigged the ref of the boxing match ?

Did he intentionally set everyone up to test them in the first place and see what they would do ?

I think this has been mentioned but a newspaper editor is a good choice but once again seems to obvious

What if Shadow Man is yet ANOTHER version of richtofen from another dimension? Or perhaps a Part of Richtofen that was taken by the MPD? OR The best reveal yet. Shadow Man is Jason Todd again

literally LOL`d 

I just realized that I wasted a funny conclusion for a New Ultimate Shadow Man Theory. DAMN

literally LOL`d 

I just realized that I wasted a funny conclusion for a New Ultimate Shadow Man Theory. DAMN

The Arkham Shadow Man

I can't say much for two reasons.

1. I don't know enough for certain.

2. I know too much.

I will only say this...

Imagine a Tesseract. "A cube within a cube". Many faces are part of more than just one of the cubes, some of the faces seem to stand alone, and most of the edges verticis are shared. One can only understand the Tesseract from a point of view wherein no side overlaps another, and all aspects of the Tesseract are needed to understand it.

The Shadow Man was there from the beginning.

I don't think the Shadow Man is anyone we've already seen. Certainly there could be connections made to previous maps but I find it extremely unlikely for him to be anyone but a brand new character created by Treyarch that drew inspiration from The Shadow and maybe a few other things.

He does not speak with a German accent, so neither Maxis or Rictofen would be the mysterious figure. They also would likely have no interest in this group of characters either as Maxis is clearly more focused on the O4 and fixing the timeline with Samantha than dogging on people for their sins. The original Rictofen is now dead, or will soon be dead in the timeline if it is before The Giant. He was also not in the Aether at this point either and had no supernatural abilities other than the voices he heard in his head.

Gary and Brock are stuck in that time loop in Shangri La and would likely have zero motivation to do such a thing.

The N4 are also stuck in a loop, or dead at some point, and Treyarch would probably prefer to wash their hands of them anyway.

We already know what the NO4 are up to, which also involves the O4. 

Sophia seems unlikely to me as there hasn't been enough told about her to sufficiently convince me she would don the guise of The Shadow Man and seek out corrupt individuals.

The other scientists working with Rictofen as heard in the Moon radios are also probably dead, or in the new timeline will meet a similar fate to their now former colleague should they happen to meet Origins Rictofen.

The scientists heard in Ascension I believe fall under the same category as Gary and Brock as mainly serving as a self contained story in a single map that helped moved the O4 along in the plot to the next map. They are also Russian and would probably not concern themselves with perfecting an American accent to torture some sinners who would no idea who they are anyway.

Peter's fate is still somewhat up in the air for me but I see no motivation for him to do such a thing either. And if SoE is sometime in the early 40's then Peter is probably undercover at that moment in time.

The only likely connection I see to past characters heard or mentioned are the other test subjects mentioned by Rictofen (ie the Mexican, though I doubt he would speak with a perfect American accent either) and the shadow portrait in Kino. There probably is a real connection there but I cannot think of any clues left in any maps besides that pointing to the identity of the character. So I think we really won't be able to determine anything until we actually get our hands on SoE or Treyarch releases new information about him.

He does not speak with a German accent, so neither Maxis or Rictofen would be the mysterious figure

You know who else doesn't speak with a German accent? Eddie from the Origins cutscene. 

You know what else he doesn't speak with? Rob Picardo's voice. 

He does not speak with a German accent, so neither Maxis or Rictofen would be the mysterious figure

You know who else doesn't speak with a German accent? Eddie from the Origins cutscene. 

You know what else he doesn't speak with? Rob Picardo's voice.

Robert Picardo is 62 years old, while Eddie is a kid. Voices change, y'know. Either way, I was just kidding but I thought the emoji would've shown that.