Who exactly is the shadow man?

On par with typical storywriting, you DON'T keep a character this hidden unless you know who he is. They wouldn't reveal the shadow man and be like: IT'S ....... Some... random guy.... 

There are 2 possibilities: 

1-The shadowman is a character introduced in the SOE. This could range from the fem-fetal's blackmailer, the boxer's opponenly (tony king), the ref, the mayor, the insurance policy lady, the debt settler, and a few more. 

2- It's someone from zombie lore. Ranging from a MOTD character, to brock and gary from shangri-la. It's someone we've seen before from the zombies standpoint. This is less likely because we can already assume it's not any of the O4, the N4, or even Maxis/Samantha based on the voice, It could be the great evil but.... He seems more good. He is evil, but appears to want to help the 4 overcome their issues. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is a connection to MotD with him because the whole point of the story in MotD was the prisoners paying for their sins, and here we have a mysterious new figure who literally said the SoE 4's sins were an invitation for him to come perform his twisted sense of justice basically. This would suggest it's Weasel given how his story ended in MotD, but there is also a chance he is to SoE as Brutus was to MotD. Brutus was a sinister recreation of the man we see Weasel shank in the intro to MotD. Now the interesting connection there is that Weasel was arguably the main character of MotD, so this leads me to believe that The Shadow Man will have some sort of connection to one playable character in SoE that the story will revolve around much like Weasel in MotD. I currently believe this to be Nero as he appeared to be into some dark stuff and we know a lot of his real life inspiration already. But it could still be any one of the 4, we won't know for sure until we have more information.

I think shadow man is going to be someone important to the storyline. A character we have never seen yet we have been hinted at for a while now. 

Weasel, while being the only survivor of Mob of the Dead May or May not be the Shadow Man.

For starters in the grand scope of things Weasel is not important enough to warrant him being this huge character in the Storyline. Weasel has never seen the MPD. Weasel has never had any contact with 115 or been experimented on by 935. In fact a common man like weasel is possibly even less relevant to the story than the tranzit characters. However there is something about weasel that we are hinted at in MOTD which until now seemed irrelevant.

Weasel KNEW about Nikolai even though at the time it would have been impossible for him to have that knowledge. Which COULD mean that somewhere between being saved in MOTD and the Events of Shadows of Evil weasel COULD have eventually become aware that all other realities are insignificant in comparison to the main universe which we play in from Nacht to Moon and we return to in The Giant. Seeing that your own reality and all your struggles meant nothing at all would definitely make sense when Shadow Man tries to convince the SOE group that their existence is just a small fragment of a much bigger universe.

The Shadow Man COULD also be the Entity within the MPD or a Part of the entity that fulfills the MPD's goal of Harvesting "Souls". 

It COULD also be the Mystery Man from Kino.

Although Weasel is Definitely not the ENTITY within the MPD. Weasel's relevance can only get him so far within the Ranks of most important zombies characters  

We're really laying on the "there will be a connection to MOTD" info we were given. This may not be it. 

I think the shadow man is one of the victims of the 4 returning from the depths of hell to seek revenge. Or maybe it's multiple people. Like, the whole map is secretly a test to see how these evil people react. The shadow man is the observer, who is actually the mayor, the ref, the movie producer, and nero's debt collector.

We're really laying on the "there will be a connection to MOTD" info we were given. This may not be it. 

I think the shadow man is one of the victims of the 4 returning from the depths of hell to seek revenge. Or maybe it's multiple people. Like, the whole map is secretly a test to see how these evil people react. The shadow man is the observer, who is actually the mayor, the ref, the movie producer, and nero's debt collector.

Not to mention the Connection that ties MOTD and the Original storyline together as well. I just hope they don't pull a bait and switch on us

This is sort of what I was trying to say, but also that the connection is that the purpose of The Shadow Man is similar to why Brutus was created for MotD (by the evil entity in control for that map). Someone, or something, created based on the image of someone from one of the characters' pasts (or all) designed to test him/her out much like Weasel. The other side of the coin is that if the Shadow Man is going to be a prominent character moving forward with the future DLC maps, then maybe he isn't tied to just one character but is more so of an agent meant to place these curse marks on people who have committed serious sins and see if they can redeem themselves when literally put through hell. I would go as far as to say this map and the 3 DLC he will be collecting one person from each map, with the 4 people chosen from each map being the 4 playable characters in the final map for some mission that the Shadow Man requires them for. This actually gives me an idea for a theory... 

This is sort of what I was trying to say, but also that the connection is that the purpose of The Shadow Man is similar to why Brutus was created for MotD (by the evil entity in control for that map). Someone, or something, created based on the image of someone from one of the characters' pasts (or all) designed to test him/her out much like Weasel. The other side of the coin is that if the Shadow Man is going to be a prominent character moving forward with the future DLC maps, then maybe he isn't tied to just one character but is more so of an agent meant to place these curse marks on people who have committed serious sins and see if they can redeem themselves when literally put through hell. I would go as far as to say this map and the 3 DLC he will be collecting one person from each map, with the 4 people chosen from each map being the 4 playable characters in the final map for some mission that the Shadow Man requires them for. This actually gives me an idea for a theory... 

I honestly don't see that happening. Treyarch needs the DLC space to continue the story from The Giant onwards considering there are so many questions that still need explaining. Unless they had more than one Zombies map each DLC 

I honestly don't see that happening. Treyarch needs the DLC space to continue the story from The Giant onwards considering there are so many questions that still need explaining. Unless they had more than one Zombies map each DLC 

Well it lead me to create a new thread regarding a theory I had about that, and I didn't really take into account their being more than one map in any or all of the DLC's. Imma have to go edit though right now. The Giant, while interesting for the story, kind of came across to me as another one-off much like how Origins sort of was in BO2. If it was that pertinent to the story then surely it would've been included on the disk instead of being released as a bonus map where a lot of people may not be able to play it for quite some time. That is why I thought Treyarch may have been wanting to roll on ahead with this particular story line instead of focusing purely on the O4 again.

Well it lead me to create a new thread regarding a theory I had about that, and I didn't really take into account their being more than one map in any or all of the DLC's. Imma have to go edit though right now. The Giant, while interesting for the story, kind of came across to me as another one-off much like how Origins sort of was in BO2. If it was that pertinent to the story then surely it would've been included on the disk instead of being released as a bonus map where a lot of people may not be able to play it for quite some time. That is why I thought Treyarch may have been wanting to roll on ahead with this particular story line instead of focusing purely on the O4 again.

Idk. Last time I checked SOE was going to be it's own complete storyline with connections to MOTD and the Original  Story and wouldn't continue in the DLC.

I think it would be in treyarch's best interest to finish what they started because they know what we are all expecting and if they just pull the rug on the whole thing their DLC sales will definitely drop.

Idk. Last time I checked SOE was going to be it's own complete storyline with connections to MOTD and the Original  Story and wouldn't continue in the DLC.

I think it would be in treyarch's best interest to finish what they started because they know what we are all expecting and if they just pull the rug on the whole thing their DLC sales will definitely drop.

That's true, but it still just seems like some odd priorities in place here. During BO2 people were practically begging to have the O4 back front and center in the zombies storyline. And we did eventually get that, but only for one map at the very end and the characters weren't quite the same either. The only reasoning I can see SoE being released first is that given the reception of MotD compared to most of the rest of the maps in BO2 they just want to start with a map akin to that. It's just odd to me because it goes against what they've done before, which isn't to say it's impossible for them to do such a thing, I just get a feeling that they're wanting to return to an experience like the first Black Ops. If it's a good story I don't think DLC sales would drop if they were to follow this story more, especially if it still fit into the larger story.

No. Shadows of Evil is completely a part of the story. People are misinterpreting what they said when the map came out. It is completely part of the story, like all maps. It is more connected to the main story than Mob of the Dead.

No. Shadows of Evil is completely a part of the story. People are misinterpreting what they said when the map came out. It is completely part of the story, like all maps. It is more connected to the main story than Mob of the Dead.

I think.... Well... I think we won't know for a while... But right now I think that SOE will have more connections to MOTD then the main story. The main story I don't think will revolve much, if at all, around these 5 characters...

I think.... Well... I think we won't know for a while... But right now I think that SOE will have more connections to MOTD then the main story. The main story I don't think will revolve much, if at all, around these 5 characters...

No we do know, they said it is a part of the story and the in game evidence is enough to show that.

the achievements were released and i dont know how many of people read through them, but im like 90% sure that brutus will be the CP (civil protector) in SOE.

hes been shown on a poster, and even has a vinyl pop figure coming out in december.

as for the shadow mans identity....who can say really.

i didnt think about being someone we already know in the storyline because i didnt recognize his voice.

but if it is someone we already know,  i think the most likely candidates are:

weasel,

the shadow portrait dude,

or the unnamed american ally referenced in der riese. (maxis mentions in his letter to high command)

the achievements were released and i dont know how many of people read through them, but im like 90% sure that brutus will be the CP (civil protector) in SOE.

hes been shown on a poster, and even has a vinyl pop figure coming out in december.

Well, Ghost from MW2 and Woods are also getting figures of them coming out soon, so I don't think it means anything. I really have no idea what the CDP could be though, I just think Brutus' only purpose remains in Alcatraz.