Big Zombies Unlock After Campaign

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still hoping for that snowy forest map, it would definitely go along with the campfire menu screen we saw, and considering there was nothing hinting at it in the achievements it would be a rather nice surprise to finish the campaign to for a "big surprise". Unfortunately half of me is pretty confident it's either DOA2 (but because of the terminal stuff maybe not) or some dumb campaign (or walking dead) related zombies unlocks.

A girl can dream 

the achievement name for completing the campaign on regular makes me think zombies campaign

Another Side Of The Story

it's a secret achievement too which is surprising 

Yeah I did find it pretty odd that that was basically the only achievement you got in campaign other than playing the missions on hardened/veteran/realistic. The fact that it's secret definitely adds some mystery to it. I'd bet my beloved forest map that it has to do with the unlock.

Given the fact that you can play any campaign mission you want (every stage is unlocked from the start) - I'm wondering if you could just pop in the game, start up the last mission, and get this cheevo/unlock done quick.

I hope so. If not no matter how you play it you'll be missing out! If you do the campaign first you won't be playing SOE or the giant but if you do play those then you won't know what the unlock is. What a dilemma 

Given the fact that you can play any campaign mission you want (every stage is unlocked from the start) - I'm wondering if you could just pop in the game, start up the last mission, and get this cheevo/unlock done quick.

I'm thinking they probably have a system of tracking which missions you have and haven't completed and you'll only get the achievement and possibly the unlock once you've finished them all 

Ohhh okay I get it now. I thought since you could do any mission, there would be no order to them. But it's like Netflix like the article says.

Here's another, a great article on it from Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/call-of-duty-ditches-archaic-campaign-unlock-system-1736091999

I think that however minor it is, a step towards more freedom and player choice is a good step.

Edited by GRILL

This is the sole reason why I'm going to play through the campaign first. It's weird that they refer to this as a big unlock for zombies though because in previous games, the only thing you could unlock in zombies was just another map. So that's clearly what the assumption will be, but we know that we have this new ranking system and that zombies will be "bigger than ever". We're already going to have 3 maps more or less available to us at launch, which is the most ever provided at launch. I really do hope it's a whole new map that they decided to keep quiet on until the game comes out. And I really hope that I get to discover it myself before I accidentally hear about it like I did for FIVE.

Heres the plan:

1. Buy a 2nd xbone
  2. Have @InfestLithium come over and play through the campaign while I play zombies
  3. Unlocked secret things
  4. Have all the things.

A third map on release would be a real treat, but it seems like they are giving us so much new game content already.

Is that genuinely your plan?

• Administrators

Heres the plan:

1. Buy a 2nd xbone
  2. Have @InfestLithium come over and play through the campaign while I play zombies
  3. Unlocked secret things
  4. Have all the things.

A third map on release would be a real treat, but it seems like they are giving us so much new game content already.

Is that genuinely your plan?

Yes it is.