Shadows Of Evil Intro Cutscene Revealed

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hidden Content

I don't think we need to put spoilers on every thread. This trailer was officially released by Activision anyways, so I don't think anything here can be classified as a spoiler. But yes, the trailer is amazing. I really get a gritty noir feeling from it, and the city seems to be really big too. What happened to the characters at the end though? Is it possible they have died, and wake up in a Hellish version of the city they know? A clip of gameplay from the new sort of "Afterlife" mode is played too right after the characters go to sleep. It's possible they could've been drugged too. Really great cutscene overall though, and the longest one we've ever gotten in a Zombie map. The only thing though, is that for such a big city, there seems to be no bodies anywhere. Even Mob an Origins even had dead bodies hanging around the place, adding to the creepy atmosphere. It's possible there may be an in-game explanation however.I think it may have been better for Activision to release this cutscene on Halloween though, and get all the Zombie fans hyped up a week from release.

Edit: Read through the announcement again about spoilers, and I think this fits the bill for spoiler material. My apologies.

Edited by Spiderx3000

Hidden Content

I don't think we need to put spoilers on every thread. This trailer was officially released by Activision anyways, so I don't think anything here can be classified as a spoiler.

But yes, the trailer is amazing. I really get a gritty noir feeling from it, and the city seems to be really big too.

What happened to the characters at the end though? Is it possible they have died, and wake up in a Hellish version of the city they know? A clip of gameplay from the new sort of "Afterlife" mode is played too right after the characters go to sleep. It's possible they could've been drugged too.

Really great cutscene overall though, and the longest one we've ever gotten in a Zombie map. The only thing though, is that for such a big city, there seems to be no bodies anywhere. Even Mob an Origins even had dead bodies hanging around the place, adding to the creepy atmosphere. It's possible there may be an in-game explanation however.

I think it may have been better for Activision to release this cutscene on Halloween though, and get all the Zombie fans hyped up a week from release.

Did you notice many of the zombies looked like the charcters themselves?

Wow, just wow. Why could they have not released this closer to the game though? Damn you Treyarch and the beautiful masterpiece you have created!

In all seriousness though, I am now even more excited for this and the Shadow Man sounds like he's going to be quite the fascinating character. I can't help but feel like there's still more to this cut-scene though. It seemed like there were some scenes shown in the reveal trailer that were clearly from a cutscene that weren't shown here. I still believe we're going to get a bit more cinematics and story telling this time around.

whys everyone posting in spoilers? if you don't want the intro cutscene spoiled why would you click this thread, it's a thread for people who have watched the cutscene to post about the cutscene

I'm lost

I did it for my first post because if someone clicks on this post to get the video, I didn't want to spoil it for them, otherwise I am not using them.

whys everyone posting in spoilers? if you don't want the intro cutscene spoiled why would you click this thread, it's a thread for people who have watched the cutscene to post about the cutscene

I'm lost

We really do need to quit this bickering over "spoilers"  clicking on this thread and then being mad about having something spoiled for you is like clicking on a move review for a movie you haven't seen yet and don't want spoiled.  Absolutely no reason whatsoever for discussion about an OFFICIALLY RELEASED BY Activision trailer to be hidden in spoiler tags

Now that I got that out of the way, It was a pretty awesome trailer.  It gives me like a Saw vibe, where the shadow man is like jigsaw and is making them "earn their right to live"

Edited by the_clay_bird

I'm lost

The whole thing has been a bit confusing for me. The official Spoilers announcement states that spoiler content includes officially released Story Content even from Call of Duty's social media accounts, so I honestly don't know anymore.

I'm lost

The whole thing has been a bit confusing for me. The official Spoilers announcement states that spoiler content includes officially released Story Content even from Call of Duty's social media accounts, so I honestly don't know anymore.

I'll admit, even though I put my thoughts from the trailer in a spoiler, this particular policy does kind of make things difficult for future stuff. Will we not be able to freely discuss any future trailer for DLC maps and whatnot? Also what becomes fair game once the game is released? I know it will be difficult enough with most people on xbox here, but it seems like most of the heated discussions will take place in spoiler tabs and yes it doesn't take much to click through them but that's still a bit of a hassle if that will overtake most discussions. I think if the OP states the thread will use spoilers, and puts the word spoilers in the title, then everything discussed therein is fair game and doesn't need to be put within spoiler tabs.

I agree putting something in a spoiler tab isn't difficult , I can see how screencaps could ruin it for someone who wants to watch it without seeing parts already

pp873cu.png

P7L5C1u.png

The first image : Do you think its local news or Cal news

The second image : Can anyone makeout the heading of the newspaper

Edited by Shootinfish
Wrong image uploaded and added comments

I'm lost

I'll admit, even though I put my thoughts from the trailer in a spoiler, this particular policy does kind of make things difficult for future stuff. Will we not be able to freely discuss any future trailer for DLC maps and whatnot? Also what becomes fair game once the game is released? I know it will be difficult enough with most people on xbox here, but it seems like most of the heated discussions will take place in spoiler tabs and yes it doesn't take much to click through them but that's still a bit of a hassle if that will overtake most discussions. I think if the OP states the thread will use spoilers, and puts the word spoilers in the title, then everything discussed therein is fair game and doesn't need to be put within spoiler tabs.

But i mean why don't we have to put story discussion about past games and maps in spoilers? I mean if someone hasn't played them or heard about them yet it could spoil it for them!   Kidding aside, anything that is not a "leak" and has been officially released should be fair game for uncensored discussion

This should not be classified as a spoiler. It was released by treyarch to assist in the marketing of their game. They'd PREFER for us to watch it. Now every time I want to read what someone really has to post I have to click it and wait for it to open. It's bad and takes forever on my god-awful PC, I can imagine how it must be on mobile. 

SO, with that said, I am going to discuss this thoroughly without a spoiler tab (unless a given situation arrives). BECAUSE: 

A: It was released by treyarch, on their channel, and has been verified by CharlieIntel. 

B: If you don't want spoilers, don't click the thread.

C: If we weren't meant to discuss this video WHY DO WE EVEN BOTHER CREATING A THREAD FOR IT. 

That being said, I've noticed a few things: 

-everyone is discussing their backstory over the phone, which leads ME to believe that the shadow man has some connection to the phones... Maybe he's an operator? Maybe we have some "Everyone's gone to the rapture" phenomenon. 

-Everyone's committed murder. This common sin is mirrored by MOTD's multiple sins. Everyone here has one crime...That we know of... 

-What's weird is that the cop was PAYING money.... Not accepting it to the man as well.... That's weird...

-Nero DID kill the spinning wheel lady, who was in-fact his wife! Further more it was his WIFE who had accumulated the dept! Not him! Kinda killed two birds with one stone there... 

-I find it odd that all 4 were in the same place when they fell asleep, but woke up in diffrent areas... 

-When you review the shot of nero falling out, it appears that he's been drugged by the drink he had. And while the cop and the boxer have a drink too. The Fem-fatal was on stage when she collapsed... While the drink may have just affected her a bit later if she had a drink a bit before the show, that's a bit weird because it seems nero and co fall out DIRECTLY after taking a sip.... Perhaps she's in league with the shadow man?

Edited by Stop mocking me0

Come on guys, I was the first one to put the spoilers and I only did it in case someone clicked on the post to watch the intro, I didn't want to spoil it for them. Quit complaining about the spoiler tabs, nobody else is doing it anymore.

Im new to posting and just started as this spoiler debate has started , Im confused about what is ok and what is not so its easier for me to put it in a spoiler

I know asking is it local or is it Cal is a bit of a stupid question but this image below that is cut from the DXP detective clip is puzzling me

UXhCdAq.png

I'm lost

Im new to posting and just started as this spoiler debate has started , Im confused about what is ok and what is not so its easier for me to put it in a spoiler

Hidden Content

This new Spoiler Policy, I guess? Has been confusing a few people including myself. I think the staff should clarify what is okay, and what is not, because right now we don't know where to draw the line. It says story related content can be considered a spoiler. Even officially released content. So where exactly do we draw the line?

This is not a spoiler. It's on the official CoD Youtube. It's not leaked info in anyway. This whole spoiler thing has gotten so out of hand tbh.

Jessica and Nero's crimes were brutal, I was not expecting those to happen. Figured Jessica's sin would be adultery or laundering, Nero's would be fraud or something. I am still hyped to play Jack (the cop). Neal McDonough is great, and I'm interested to see how his character plays out.

This is not a spoiler. It's on the official CoD Youtube. It's not leaked info in anyway. This whole spoiler thing has gotten so out of hand tbh.

Jessica and Nero's crimes were brutal, I was not expecting those to happen. Figured Jessica's sin would be adultery or laundering, Nero's would be fraud or something. I am still hyped to play Jack (the cop). Neal McDonough is great, and I'm interested to see how his character plays out.

Really? HA! I expected what Jessy did. Nero I thought sold his soul to the devil  The cop I feel is going to be the best of the worst in this situation, only killing when necessary, not killing for gain. 

Not exactly pertinent to the discussion but I feel like I have to point out with Nero's crime, did he do that in front of an audience or behind closed doors? Because the latter would be much harder to prove as an accident, much less receive life insurance money for. Also Nero's voice sounds much less outlandish in this trailer than in the reveal one.