In depth story video

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find the screencap  below of the CODEX  interesting it splits the mind control projects up , also there is a link for the stargate project

I would also like to add it states the cia having been running for 123 years making the date 2070

kKWuizv.jpg

Edited by Shootinfish
Added more info

I find the screencap  below of the CODEX  interesting it splits the mind control projects up , also there is a link for the stargate project

I would also like to add it states the cia having been running for 123 years making the date 2070

kKWuizv.jpg

This is interesting because they've repeated the year of 2065 quite a bit. Though I think this just means they'll be jumping around time like usual.

Edited by Kill_All_Monkeys

kKWuizv.jpg

This is interesting because they've repeated the year of 2065 quite a bit. Though I think this just means they'll be jumping around time like usual.

The game is set over the duration of a week or two.

You maybe right and the missions are set over week or two

The date 2060 is displayed in the story trailer when the coalescence incident happens (which ties in with V.E.R.S.I.O.N)  but i think the computers are frozen from when it happened.

iw8ZtIJ.jpg

tXqBbeH.jpg

If you look further on where it shows the zone the date starts at 2060 and increases to 2063 or 2065

7affMrq.jpg

MX0DUSW.jpgZqR19eK.jpg

The date you are operating the CODEX Wiki Seems to be at least 2070 though

Whats interesting is that V.E.R.S.I.O.N is unfinished in Zurich in 2063

Edited by Shootinfish
Wrong Date

kKWuizv.jpg

That would be a first for Black Ops. Maybe they decided to change the year the missions take place in because, well I don't know, Treyarch I guess.

kKWuizv.jpg

That would be a first for Black Ops. Maybe they decided to change the year the missions take place in because, well I don't know, Treyarch I guess.

I am just going by what they announced when the game was announced. Saying that though, the game might be set within a few weeks with different characters. I wouldn't know. Im confused though since its meant to be in 2065 yet we are getting stuff from 2070.

@Nightmare Voyager (tagging instead of quoting to not clog up the thread as much) Maybe that particular article isn't unlocked until the end of the game where they do a 5 year jump for the ending cut-scene as a sort of "where are they now" kind of thing. I think the end of the game cut-scenes for BO2 jumped a year or two in the future itself to explain some stuff. Though it doesn't look as if we'll have multiple decisions to make leading into branching paths that impact the playthrough of the game this time around either, but I do get a sense that this is sort of the final installment of the Black Ops series and they maybe want to kind of tie up any loose ends and what not from all 3 games.

@Nightmare Voyager (tagging instead of quoting to not clog up the thread as much) Maybe that particular article isn't unlocked until the end of the game where they do a 5 year jump for the ending cut-scene as a sort of "where are they now" kind of thing. I think the end of the game cut-scenes for BO2 jumped a year or two in the future itself to explain some stuff. Though it doesn't look as if we'll have multiple decisions to make leading into branching paths that impact the playthrough of the game this time around either, but I do get a sense that this is sort of the final installment of the Black Ops series and they maybe want to kind of tie up any loose ends and what not from all 3 games.

That or they go even further and show the aftermath of the series all the way up to 2100 or something along those lines.

That or they go even further and show the aftermath of the series all the way up to 2100 or something along those lines.

Yeah, I guess it depends on where they want to take this series after this game, there hasn't really been a recent cod game series that has gone past 3 games. Technically W@W is part of the Black Ops series but the main campaign was very much separate from what they started in BO1. Anyway, Treyarch will do as Treyarch pleases, and they might just ride the Black Ops train for as long as they can.

Yeah, I guess it depends on where they want to take this series after this game, there hasn't really been a recent cod game series that has gone past 3 games. Technically W@W is part of the Black Ops series but the main campaign was very much separate from what they started in BO1. Anyway, Treyarch will do as Treyarch pleases, and they might just ride the Black Ops train for as long as they can.

In all fairness they have been talking about it like the Black Ops Trilogy, as if thats where it ends. If anything they will start a new game series after Black Ops, they don't want to drag it on.

In all fairness they have been talking about it like the Black Ops Trilogy, as if thats where it ends. If anything they will start a new game series after Black Ops, they don't want to drag it on.

I would very much prefer a new one after this, one set back in the past. Or at least something different than a futuristic shooter. I'm sure BO3 will be great with a story on par with the previous 2, I just want to see something new and original.

I found this screencap interesting from the Winslow Accord

Project Prometheus

Project status active

Active Duty Ops 4

oKSkdFx.jpg

Regards unlocking the CODEX (PDV) as you progress seems logical but i dont think Treyarch would have shown anything that wasnt unlockable to the end

I also came to the realisation that the CIA black station is in the quarantine zone and not exactly where the chemical incident happened 

The unmarked man tweeted

"Quarantine zone? What don’t they want getting out? Surprise, surprise... mainstream news doesn't have the full story. Keep digging"

According to V.E.R.S.I.O.N

"Air is more yellow than green, more Rhenium than Neodymium."

"debate whether Coalescence Corporation paid the right price for their role in the most lethal chemical leak in history."