Dead ops arcade 2: What will it be like?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine it will still stay a top down shooter, but will have many more mechanics and hopefully be a lot more player friendly. I really did not like that when someone was out of lives, they took one from someone else. So essentially we all had to share lives. Was very annoying, but I'm hoping everyone will use their own lives.

@Rissole Had that exact same problem eearlier today, myself being the player draining lives towards the end of the game. An option to give a life to a teammate if you so wish, or a revive system similar to regular zombies would work better. You can't carry a player in DOA like you can in regular zombies. One weak link and the whole team suffers which makes it even harder to get anywhere in public lobbies, but you could argue that adds to the challenge of the game mode.

@Stop mocking me0 I hope it remains a top down shooter, but having seen the PC 1st person version, that would be a nice addition if it was unlockable or an additional game mode, but I doubt it will happen.

I would like to see them have the option to toggle between 1st and 3rd person, it would certainly open it up to many more players. And yes the life sharing was awful, I hated playing with randoms because dying past round 8 or so literally meant the end for the whole game. Granted it made me get really good at DOA but still.

Also, I just want them to truly go all out this time. A crazy boss for each environment (if it still works like that). More weapons, more absurdity, more exploding cows with goodies inside, I need more insanity. If they're going to do a sequel to DOA, then they need to go all in.

• Administrators

I don't believe they'll work a 1st person view into it; if that were the case, what would distinguish it from any other map excluding story content? DOA was made popular because of its old-school style playability, and I believe they'd want to keep it that way but with refreshed graphics and mechanics.

Also, I just want them to truly go all out this time. A crazy boss for each environment (if it still works like that). More weapons, more absurdity, more exploding cows with goodies inside, I need more insanity. If they're going to do a sequel to DOA, then they need to go all in.

Boss rounds in the original were absolutely amazing! They gave pretty damn good rewards and offered a challenge besides running little trains in such tight spots. Let's just hope that they make the bonus perk room not so far into the rounds like they did last time.

Boss rounds in the original were absolutely amazing! They gave pretty damn good rewards and offered a challenge besides running little trains in such tight spots. Let's just hope that they make the bonus perk room not so far into the rounds like they did last time.

They were, and I want them to be even better now. And that room of fate or whatever it was called was a fun little meta game in itself, paying attention to which arrows came first and which perk would suit your playstyle best. I would love to see that return with more perks added in as well, or at least have more than 4 that maybe even rotate as to which 4 become available with each match you start.