Black Ops 3 Achievements Revealed

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

By the way, we don't need to put anything in spoilers in regards to discussion about the achievements. If you didn't want to see discussion/spoilers about it, then don't click into the thread that says quite clearly that the achievements have been revealed.

Oh yeah right... 

Boom clearly edits the post to say: "Spoilers!"

The first thing that is posted afterwards: "Really happy to see DOA return."

<.<

Nice one and apperantly we are just going to ignore the fact that the DOA trophy is a hidden one as well.

And please... bother to read my very first post again.

I have given up on the fact that the no leak policy is gone, but at the very least you can put things like that in a spoiler tab.

But who cares Mocking me of course has like the first thread on what DOA might or might not be.

GG, CoDz.

Thank you very much.

• Moderators

Is DOA really even a spoiler? Its like finding out youre getting a clown on your birthday,but you got hints of it months in advance. 

You are kidding, right?

There is a spoiler button for a reason. Not out of jokes or bad analogies. It should be there to hide spoilers.

It literally takes one click before you start to write what you want and then, for the reader, it takes one click as well to just read it.

It is not hard and to be honest I can't believe I have to defend my point of view on this.

For me and probably some other people it is a spoiler.  Proof? It is a hidden trophy in the list.

Leaked or not, spoilers are spoilers. Use tags to hide them in your posts as to not ruin the surprise for our other members. It takes literally 2 seconds. 

Is DOA really even a spoiler? Its like finding out youre getting a clown on your birthday,but you got hints of it months in advance. 

Disrespectful shit like this is what pisses me off and these kind of posts are what gets you a one-way ticket off CoDz. When someone posts a valid complaint, show them the same respect they show you or don't bother replying at all. 

I know there is a thread on how to use the spoiler tab, but I am useless on a pc, for future reference can someone give a more detailed description of how to use the spoiler tab? I read the thread before posting, clicked what I believed to be the spoiler tab, and all it did was change the text to italic.

• Moderators

I know there is a thread on how to use the spoiler tab, but I am useless on a pc, for future reference can someone give a more detailed description of how to use the spoiler tab? I read the thread before posting, clicked what I believed to be the spoiler tab, and all it did was change the text to italic.

Just click on the eye icon.

If you hover above it with your cursor you can read that it is the spoiler button.

And then you can just write the text inside of the spoiler box and you are good to go. :)

Cheers. That is the icon I clicked but couldn't see any difference and I clicked it a few times so obviously did something to mess it up before I posted. 

Edited my 1st post, apparently you can teach an old dog new tricks.

Edited by DaveLo07

Leaked or not, spoilers are spoilers. Use tags to hide them in your posts as to not ruin the surprise for our other members. It takes literally 2 seconds. 

Disrespectful shit like this is what pisses me off and these kind of posts are what gets you a one-way ticket off CoDz. When someone posts a valid complaint, show them the same respect they show you or don't bother replying at all. 

.... I really don't see how this is disrespectful.... I'm supporting my side of an argument. I'm not back-lashing anyone. If I wanted to be a disrespectful brat I'd do something to actually attack anyone. Truth be told, we were given the information about the data-vault months ago, and the last time we had anything similar to a data vault (the computer in BOI) we used it to obtain access to DOA. Far as I'm concerned that basically teased the mode's possible existence months ago, the proof being reflected by the high number of DOA idea concepts to arise in the past few months. 

Jesus...  I'm being threatened with a banishment for nothing!

Edited by Stop mocking me0

In all fairness it says what the post is, the achievements. Why would you want to read it if you didn't want spoilers of achievements? Even if you don't want spoilers of DOA, its on the main post and its no secret. Just don't go on these posts if theres stuff that can be spoiled.

.... I really don't see how this is disrespectful.... I'm supporting my side of an argument. I'm not back-lashing anyone. If I wanted to be a disrespectful brat I'd do something to actually attack anyone. Truth be told, we were given the information about the data-vault months ago, and the last time we had anything similar to a data vault (the computer in BOI) we used it to obtain access to DOA. Far as I'm concerned that basically teased the mode's possible existence months ago, the proof being reflected by the high number of DOA idea concepts to arise in the past few months. 

Yeah no a 2 sentence faulty comparison reply insulting @Lenne's intelligence and post-pumping your way to the next zombification rank isn't supporting your side of the argument. The fact you ignored 90% of what Lenne said and come back with some irrelevant clown claptrap says enough. The data vault 'tease' is irrelevant, as is the "high number" of concepts. You can't excuse the fact you're spoiling stuff with "hey I made a concept about it some time ago so it's okay"
The DOA related achievement is even hidden on the site, evidently because it's a hidden achievement in-game. Now don't make me waste any more of my time by telling you what a spoiler is again.

Wait. How are concepts and the fact they talked about the data vault anywhere near teasing DOA 2? I could easily say that is hinting at being able to unlock Tranzit 2.0 through the same method because I made an idea of it one time.

• Moderators

In all fairness it says what the post is, the achievements. Why would you want to read it if you didn't want spoilers of achievements? Even if you don't want spoilers of DOA, its on the main post and its no secret. Just don't go on these posts if theres stuff that can be spoiled.

Boom clearly edited the post.

It is not hard to click on one button to hide the actual stuff that is in the link.

Liam could have just posted the list in there but he didn't. He only posted the link to the trophies.

I understand that most of you want to talk about this, but how hard can it be to just hide it in spoilers.

Even Liam himself said that spoiler tags should be used.

OK, although I fear I may be adding fuel to the fire, I am going to comment because this thread seems to be getting out of hand with bans being discussed. I was apologetic towards Lenne because he seemed genuinely upset about the lack of spoiler tabs and I felt the same way recently in regards to the pc files and seeing some things that I really didn’t want to. I can relate. However, I initially clicked on the link, so whilst I raised the issue of spoilers afterwards, it is nobody else’s responsibility that I clicked on that link, only mine. I can see why in this discussion, some peoples argument is if you don’t want to see the achievements then don’t click on the link that says bo3 achievements. That's not meant to be any barbed comment towards Lenne or changing my opinion, just playing devils advocate I can see that side of the coin.

I knew the pc files would cause problems, and that is essentially what has happened here. People feel like this information has been circulating for months, therefore can be discussed. Although spoiler tabs were mentioned in the thread in the link, there are none and before the volafile room was closed, there was a direct link to said files with easter egg songs and audio intros for all to see/download. It is easy to see why the lines are blurred and users aren’t sure what they are allowed to discuss and what they are not.

It would be helpful if the moderators came to a joint decision  on what the stance of the site is. If achievements are going to be considered spoilers there is going to be a major issue when each dlc drops for bo3. Surely for the users with dlc exclusivity, discussing easter egg steps, weapons, strategies, trailers, cutscenes or basically any content should require spoiler tabs for each comment in each of those threads. This seems a bit extreme and unlikely, but the principle is the same. Users should be able to click on threads titled ‘ easter eggs steps' and then complain if the next post is easter egg steps without a spoiler tab.

Maybe the function of spoiler tabs should be changed so that a moderator can elect for a discussion to be considered a spoiler, and then every response to the OP will be automatically hidden and you would have to click the spoiler tab to reveal? There would be much less room for user error and it would be down to the moderators to enforce instead of the user. This is not about the user being lazy, it seems that one post sets the tone and other users will then openly discuss without thinking about the necessity of the spoiler tab. 

I know Stop Mocking Me0 is being pulled up for the tone of his comment which is questionable( I think he is aiming more at humour than being disrespectful) but it does feel like a lot of users broke the rules on this one (myself included) and now one user is bearing the brunt of the anger. I fear most of us here are grown adults, maybe these issues should be discussed with that in mind. There have been numerous discussions over the past few months where the spoiler tab apparently should have been used but has not been. Surely consistency is important for any rule that is to be enforced?

I don't understand why we wouldn't be allowed to talk about the achievements when this is the achievements post. Why would we speak in spoiler tabs for a whole post when you just don't have to click the post?

• Moderators

I don't understand why we wouldn't be allowed to talk about the achievements when this is the achievements post. Why would we speak in spoiler tabs for a whole post when you just don't have to click the post?

Who ever said that you are not allowed to talk about these things?

You seriously act as if puting these things in spoiler tabs makes them unreadable.

Come on, NV... 

Who ever said that you are not allowed to talk about these things?

You seriously act as if puting these things in spoiler tabs makes them unreadable.

Come on, NV... 

Oh no I am a bit confused by the whole situation. What I am wondering is why you would go on this post if there might be spoilers. It would be strange to see a whole post full of spoiler tabs when its for people who don't even want to see the post. I might be missing something and being stupid (bad headache today lol) so just tell me if I am.

Edit: Yeah I am an idiot, probably should put it in spoilers (I hadn't even seen the first few pages of this post)

Edited by Nightmare Voyager
  • Moderators

@Nightmare Voyager I for one knew Liam would only post links and nothing else and the first thing you read when you click on this thread is the link and "Spoilers".

What are you going to assume then?

That everyone is writing the stuff about a hidden trophy in spoiler tabs or that everyone is going to spoil it?

Fair enough: I probably had too much faith in all of you in that regard.

If Liam would have posted the whole list in the post I would have clicked away asap. So I thought: okay, maybe we can check what others think about the trophies. And then boom: DOA. So I went on to post my post asking for spoiler tabs which almost no one cares about.

And now just put yourself in Slade's shoes. He is a moderator and hes to look at the threads.

But like I already said: Who cares? Mocking has posted this: 

This is a whole new thread about DOA. Not in this topic

No spoiler warning at all. Plus the fact that I have to read his analogies (which like @Slade said are insulting) in this thread as opposed to having a respectful discussion about why spoiler tabs should be used. 

@MegaAfroMan @NaBrZHunter ( I assume) and Slade are with me on this.

I am just shaking my head in disbelief that all of you can't do us, an ex mod, who did more for this site than you and me together, the current UotM and an active mod and me the amazing Lenne (I am just kidding on that) and probably other folks as well, this favour of clicking one button before you write something.

Don't act as if that would destroy the posts, please.

• Administrators

@Lenne well put, and yes, right here with ya. 

And it's not bragging if it's true! Heh heh.

the  amazing Lenne (I am just kidding on that)

My own thoughts...yeah, heck, there is going to be plenty of 'spoiler' info over the next year as PS DLC and whatnot drops...and if those who (good for y'all, have fun!) will have 'early' access despise the spoiler button...it'll be a real bummer for those of us who are obligated to wait, and will probably force me to abandon CoDZ each month until DLC drops for Xbox. Point being, sure, it's open and legitimate intel, and not a leak; but the use of the spoiler is a matter of common courtesy, super easy, and even looks neat. 

@Lenne I agree with you on most points, but do you not think that the inconsistencies in the rule in the past couple of months have contributed to people not knowing when to use the spoiler tab? I had genuine problems getting it to function and now I know how, I will use it for anything considered to be a spoiler but I don't think others are arguing against using it out of direct disrespect or laziness. They just don't see it as spoilers and given what's been allowed to be posted on this site without spoiler tabs, you can see why. Stop mocking me0 is 1 of maybe 20 users who has broken that rule in the past couple of months and is the only person who has been directly pulled up on it. Seems a tad unfair to me. Isn't it now more important to clarify what the rules are regarding certain types of content and spoiler tabs? 

• Moderators

@Lenne I agree with you on most points, but do you not think that the inconsistencies in the rule in the past couple of months have contributed to people not knowing when to use the spoiler tab? I had genuine problems getting it to function and now I know how, I will use it for anything considered to be a spoiler but I don't think others are arguing against using it out of direct disrespect or laziness. They just don't see it as spoilers and given what's been allowed to be posted on this site without spoiler tabs, you can see why. Stop mocking me0 is 1 of maybe 20 users who has broken that rule in the past couple of months and is the only person who has been directly pulled up on it. Seems a tad unfair to me. Isn't it now more important to clarify what the rules are regarding certain types of content and spoiler tabs? 

That is not my job.

But I agree with you.

Between getting rid of the no leak policy and the fact that the whole spoiler deal is unclear I can definitely see that people are confused.

At least in regard to the spoilers there is now a PSA which clearly states the rules on spoilers.

Yeah no a 2 sentence faulty comparison reply insulting @Lenne's intelligence and post-pumping your way to the next zombification rank isn't supporting your side of the argument. The fact you ignored 90% of what Lenne said and come back with some irrelevant clown claptrap says enough. The data vault 'tease' is irrelevant, as is the "high number" of concepts. You can't excuse the fact you're spoiling stuff with "hey I made a concept about it some time ago so it's okay"
The DOA related achievement is even hidden on the site, evidently because it's a hidden achievement in-game. Now don't make me waste any more of my time by telling you what a spoiler is again.

So I have been accused of 

-Insulted Lenne's intelligence

-Post pumping

-Not using spoilers ( I am man enough to admit 100% Yeah, I didn't do this one correctly, but that alone is not enough to deserve this level of ridicule.) 

Honestly I feel targeted and insulted for this. If I was post pumping I'd put something like "OHHH I'm so excited for this!" Not an analogy of the situation concerning the spoiler aspect of this post. If I wanted to insult Lenne, which I DO NOT WANT TO DO AS HE IS A VALUED AND IMPORTANT PART OF THIS COMMUNITY, I'd do it directly. And it DOES support my side of this "argument" DOA to me was practically posted for us when they released the info about the terminal. They'd only tell us about the terminal for us to link it to the BO1 terminal, literally the only other time in COD history of there even BEING a terminal. DOA was directly unlocked through this terminal in BO1, and as proof for this connection being easily seen, there's been over 5 different ideas for a new DOA style game to arise in the past 3 months, you know how many DOA arose before it? Maybe 3 over the past 3 years. I don't have the statistics but I've been up here long enough to state that DOA ideas increased in number after the info about the terminal was released. 

We read the writing on the wall and adapted to it.