Black Ops 3 Achievements Revealed

There were trophies for five in BO1 (killing pentagon theif before he could rob you was one of them). However, nuketown in BO2 did not have acheivements. I suspect something similar for the giant. 

But The Giant is a DLC map, while FIVE was on disk.

Exactly.... Nuketown was a DLC map, which is why there likely won't be an acheivement.... 

WAIT! HOLD UP! IS THERE NOT GOING TO BE AN EASTER EGG IN THE GIANT?!?

There is going to be one though? Thats just assuming way too fast. The Flytrap will definitely be on it and I am pretty sure it will be extended so that they can have an EE ending.

Yes, but whether there will be a trophy or not seems to be up in the air at the moment. I hope there will be though. This map definitely is more important than Nuketown Zombies.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah I don't think there would be achievements. Mostly because it will technically be the same map and it would be some of the same achievements.

Yeah, but they could make new ones, relating to the maps new features ( if there are any) and there probably would be one for the Easter Egg if there is gonna be any trophies for the map. I don't know. I'm guessing there won't be, but I'm still hopeful. :P

are "secret" achievements/trophies still hidden?

No, they're all there. When you click the link there's is an option to keep the secret trophies hidden or not. But on Playstation, the DLC maps trophies wouldn't be in the same category as the main games trophies (this is so the platinum trophy can still be earned without the need to buy any dlc). So there could still be some for The Giant.

So it's the only thing new to the map other then perks, guns, maybe buildables, character quotes, look of the environment, and the presumed atmosphere?

Yeah, not that much at all. Although I would bet a new area might exist. Emphasis on might since the have said contradicting stuff.

I have hope that more effort is being put into The giant than anything was in Nuketown mainly because Jason Blundell is now in charge of zombies. Every map in BO2 that was made from Jimmy Z being the creative lead kinda sucked, Transhit, Nuketown, Die Rise, so after this, he was pushed aside and JB came in and took charge of MOTD and he showed how a good map is made, they gave JZ another chance and he came up with Buried which while was better than his previous maps in the game, it was no MOTD, and thus he was pushed aside again, JB took charge of Origins, and that arguably surpassed all other BO2 maps, he listened to the fans, gave us back the old crew with a twist, there was a WW of sorts for each player. And I think after MOTD/Origins winning the best BO2 map awards, JZ was pushed aside completely. And now JB is in charge of SoE which will be awesome, with The Giant aswell, i think that will be just as good aswell, better than Trashtown for sure.

Do you have a source on that? Sounds like a whole bunch of conjecture.

If one more of you comes up with a clever punny version of a map name, I may vomit. Trainshit? Trashtown? Is that what your generation considers clever? I'm reminded of the scene in idiocracy, I'm sure you can guess which one. 

Completely agree. Sick of seeing the PTG generation tainting the forum with their stupid play-on-words names for maps. I liked Tranzit. Was a bit too empty for a map of it's size but I spent 2 good months on that map. Nuketown is trash in my opinion but I will not lower myself to calling it 'Trashtown'.

People need to grow up a little and just accept that not everyone agree's with or wishes to use silly names vile and ignorant Youtuber's came up with.

@Rissole25 source on what part exactly

The zombie team nor Jimmy were ever the intended leads on MotD or Origins and he was not pushed aside at any stage. The campaign team were always the intended lead for MotD and Origins, just as they were with Der Riese and Shangri La. I am not sure where you are getting this from but if you have a source on it I would love to read it.

The zombie team nor Jimmy were ever the intended leads on MotD or Origins and he was not pushed aside at any stage. The campaign team were always the intended lead for MotD and Origins, just as they were with Der Riese and Shangri La. I am not sure where you are getting this from but if you have a source on it I would love to read it.

Don't quote me o nthis but I think they lead CotD too. Like thats from hearing about it and just because of the map layout but I believe that Call of the Dead could have actually been a mix between the two more than anything.

Don't quote me o nthis but I think they lead CotD too. Like thats from hearing about it and just because of the map layout but I believe that Call of the Dead could have actually been a mix between the two more than anything.

That would make sense as MotD is somewhat of a spiritual successor to CotD. Both came out in the second DLC pack too. 

That would make sense as MotD is somewhat of a spiritual successor to CotD. Both came out in the second DLC pack too. 

Didn't even think of that. I was thinking more in gameplay terms.

Edited by Nightmare Voyager

I was merely stating that the campaign team were behind those maps, the rest is more my interpretation of it all, as for the map names, i just got used to calling them that -  but not from PTG, i never watched their vids

I was not meaning you directly Alex but the first wave of 'Transhit' & 'Trashtown' renaming on a wider scale started over on PTG and their community started plastering it everywhere.

Both maps where definitely poor in comparison to older maps but I would like to think this website is better than having it's users resort to childish antics. It's vulgar looking and instantly brings down the users post when you see things like that. 

I was merely stating that the campaign team were behind those maps, the rest is more my interpretation of it all, as for the map names, i just got used to calling them that -  but not from PTG, i never watched their vids

I was not meaning you directly Alex but the first wave of 'Transhit' & 'Trashtown' renaming on a wider scale started over on PTG and their community started plastering it everywhere.

Both maps where definitely poor in comparison to older maps but I would like to think this website is better than having it's users resort to childish antics. It's vulgar looking and instantly brings down the users post when you see things like that. 

Thats not actually true. PTG never really used to call the maps those names, the only people who did were ones who are even banned here.

Oh and TimelordAlex, I think he is roll playing as the Cosmic Silverback.

Thats not actually true. PTG never really used to call the maps those names, the only people who did were ones who are even banned here.

I was not meaning any of the members here either (who were previously a part of the PTG community), but Benn was notorious for calling both maps by those names and it spread throughout the rest of the zombie community. Either way, I am not pointing fingers or accusing anyone specific, just saying it is petty and pathetic to continue using such terms for the maps.

We are better than this here at CoDZ and despite the maps being poorly recieved by many we still respect Treyarch and their work here and would prefer not to see such terms used is all. I think we all know how poor both map are by now without having to belittle them.

I was not meaning any of the members here either (who were previously a part of the PTG community), but Benn was notorious for calling both maps by those names and it spread throughout the rest of the zombie community. Either way, I am not pointing fingers or accusing anyone specific, just saying it is petty and pathetic to continue using such terms for the maps.

We are better than this here at CoDZ and despite the maps being poorly recieved by many we still respect Treyarch and their work here and would prefer not to see such terms used is all. I think we all know how poor both map are by now without having to belittle them.

Oh no I didn't mean it like that. I meant more they came up with some of the worser parts of the community, even worse than map names like that.