Are my wet weapon dreams going to cum true?

I leave the game if I get the MTAR, no question. I have grown to hate it that much that I cannot obtain it from the box when its one of my first few weapons without leaving.

I've only left the game once because of bad box weapons and that was on Nuketown (surprise suprise), i had 4k to spend on the box, RPG, War Machine, SMR and an Executioner, i was mad, i tried to make up more points, hit box again, got FAL, then again, a teddy - i then left.

New Giant meme...the great evil is the mystery box.  Lol

"You cannot comprehend the great evil you will unleash!"- Takeo  "The MTAR!"- Me *Nightmare Voyager has left the game*

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the mystery box and weapons will remain as it is now, obviously with a few new additions. The mystery box is supposed to be a gamble so I feel that 4 out of 5 weapons obtained should be equal to or worse than the wall weapons available. 

@TimelordAlex You left because you obtained the executioner? IMO the voice of justice is more useful than the mark 2 for the first 30 rounds. I don't like to train early on, so the ammo goes much further with single shot over 3 round burst and I believe with double tap the executioner is 1 hit kill til at least round 17. 

I hope the mystery box and weapons will remain as it is now, obviously with a few new additions. The mystery box is supposed to be a gamble so I feel that 4 out of 5 weapons obtained should be equal to or worse than the wall weapons available. 

@TimelordAlex You left because you obtained the executioner? IMO the voice of justice is more useful than the mark 2 for the first 30 rounds. I don't like to train early on, so the ammo goes much further with single shot over 3 round burst and I believe with double tap the executioner is 1 hit kill til at least round 17. 

thats not random thats getting bad weapons too often. No point playing really if you never get a pay off. I haven't had the Wunderwaffe in 3 months.

I would argue that it is random. Having the chance of obtaining a good weapon once in every 5 hits is still getting reward. Bar bus depot and nacht, there is no need to hit the box before round 25 - 30 anyway by which point you should have enough points to pull whichever gun you desire. 

Take the survival maps as an example. If playing solo on bus depot, hit the box until you get the ray gun (shouldn't take more than 10-15 hits but sometimes you won't get it, that's the beauty of zombies). Then use the ray gun until round 20ish and get your points in the 75,000 to 100,000 range. Keep a crawler and hit the box until you get the mark 2 taking every weapon to speed up the process. You can almost guarantee you will pull the mark 2 with that number of points and the process shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes. The game rewards you for being patient. If you acquire enough points, then within reason you can pull whichever gun you desire from the box. I often cycle weapons in the box and points is the only obstacle. It won't work every game but if you played the 1st 25 rounds of Der Riese with a Thompson and mustangs and then used the points acquired to whore the box, in a couple of games you would have the wunderwaffe that you desire.

I would argue that it is random. Having the chance of obtaining a good weapon once in every 5 hits is still getting reward. Bar bus depot and nacht, there is no need to hit the box before round 25 - 30 anyway by which point you should have enough points to pull whichever gun you desire. 

Take the survival maps as an example. If playing solo on bus depot, hit the box until you get the ray gun (shouldn't take more than 10-15 hits but sometimes you won't get it, that's the beauty of zombies). Then use the ray gun until round 20ish and get your points in the 75,000 to 100,000 range. Keep a crawler and hit the box until you get the mark 2 taking every weapon to speed up the process. You can almost guarantee you will pull the mark 2 with that number of points and the process shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes. The game rewards you for being patient. If you acquire enough points, then within reason you can pull whichever gun you desire from the box. I often cycle weapons in the box and points is the only obstacle. It won't work every game but if you played the 1st 25 rounds of Der Riese with a Thompson and mustangs and then used the points acquired to whore the box, in a couple of games you would have the wunderwaffe that you desire.

Yeah but I still feel like it could be a bit more random as in you have an equal chance at every weapon.

• Administrators

Yeah but I still feel like it could be a bit more random as in you have an equal chance at every weapon.

I would advocate reducing the odds for wonder weapons. They aren't necessary, they're abused by n00bs and kill hogs, and it sweetens the moment when you finally do get ahold of one. 

I would advocate reducing the odds for wonder weapons. They aren't necessary, they're abused by n00bs and kill hogs, and it sweetens the moment when you finally do get ahold of one. 

Nope it should purely be random. If someone who doesn't know how to use it gets it thats a good thing, not fair to deny them the possibility. Kills hogs are kill hogs, any gun will work for them

I liked the way the staffs were handled in Origins, and I wish more maps would make Wonder Weapons available like that, rather than randomly pulling them from the box. MotD is another good example of at least a different way to get the WW (Not the Jet Gun though, that sucked balls).

I did like the variety in getting the Wonder Weapons in Origins, but upgrading them was horrible. I'd like Wonder Weapons to be done the way Mob of the Dead handled it. It was simplistic and an interesting idea.

• Administrators

I liked the way the staffs were handled in Origins, and I wish more maps would make Wonder Weapons available like that, rather than randomly pulling them from the box. MotD is another good example of at least a different way to get the WW (Not the Jet Gun though, that sucked balls).

the staves though...smh. One of the biggest reasons I hate getting into an online match on Origins. People start arguing about staves, race to the shovels, and split up, all trying to find their own pieces instead of working together. Randomization resolves that, unless you have a bunch of people who are happy using any staff. 

@Nightmare Voyager you're right about kill hogs. Just that, the deadlier the weapon, the more of a pain they are. 

And when you have someone who spends the whole game spamming with the ray Gun and DG-2, the decrease in drops is painfully obvious. So everyone suffers. 

My solution to all this: Do not play public matches. It is a good idea on paper to have it where you team up with randoms but in reality the games are mostly painful and hold back maps to be honest.

• Administrators

@Nightmare Voyager you're right about kill hogs. Just that, the deadlier the weapon, the more of a pain they are. 

And when you have someone who spends the whole game spamming with the ray Gun and DG-2, the decrease in drops is painfully obvious. So everyone suffers. 

My solution to all this: Do not play public matches. It is a good idea on paper to have it where you team up with randoms but in reality the games are mostly painful and hold back maps to be honest.

If I could have a co-op game with people like y'all, I would never play a public match again. But as it stands, I don't have a very big Xbox network right now, and the friends I do have are usually playing other games and have minimal motivation to do EEs. So the EEs I have done have, regretfully, been done with ransoms. 

• Moderators

Aside from the title(LEL) I made this because I'm wondering what(if any) weapons would be returning from previous games.

Because, call me a heathen, I like the SMR and Grenade Launcher.

First off, the SMR, requires accuracy, most CoD players I've ever met never had that(no offence).
The Grenade Launcher, I'm an explosives man.

If you ever saw my Fallout New Vegas character you'd be lucky, because I blow him and my enemies up in smoke with a tactical mini nuclear launcher.

Aside from that I hope the Type 25 never comes back.

That gun had terrible fire rate and accuracy.

Hm...

I don't quite know what to say to that.

I did like the variety in getting the Wonder Weapons in Origins, but upgrading them was horrible. I'd like Wonder Weapons to be done the way Mob of the Dead handled it. It was simplistic and an interesting idea.

MotD was perfect, especially with the two different upgrade paths you could choose. And I'll admit I forgot about upgrading the staffs (I always picked the fire one too), so maybe obtaining them is similar but upgrading them obviously needs improvement.

the staves though...smh. One of the biggest reasons I hate getting into an online match on Origins. People start arguing about staves, race to the shovels, and split up, all trying to find their own pieces instead of working together. Randomization resolves that, unless you have a bunch of people who are happy using any staff. 

I almost never played with randoms, I always had enough friends to get a good match going. From time to time I did go into random matches when I was bored to see if it really was that bad and it was so laughably bad that just vowed to never play with randoms on Origins.

Edited by Kill_All_Monkeys

And I'm just sitting here with a blank look on my face because every single one of you know that you just use these weapons to bypass until you're in a position to take the wonderweapon and a strong gun. 

Meanwhile thinking "what about the Raygun Mark 2?"

I can honestly say that I have literally chosen a near empty M1911 over an SMR on several occasions. Most other guns I will use for points if it's early on though.