It's gone gold

As I'm sure you've seen on youtuber's channels. Black ops 3 has gone gold. MEANING, it's finished. No more major tweaks or changes. Everything's just being printed onto disks and shipped to storage. 

What does this mean for us? 

Leaks- Avoid these. 

More stuff to anaylize: Now that game production is on the backburner, treyarch is biding it's time by either advertising the game more. Or sitting back and not doing much. Chances are if they're smart, it'll be the first one. 

We're nearly a month before launch fellow inmates! Getting close! 

Nov. 6 isn't that far off! (39 days from now ^_^)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man that means they were probably trying to get campaign to work on last gen right up until the last minute.

So far I've bought BO3 twice - Jugg edition, and digital edition (so I can share w/ both xbones, AND so I can pre-load the game ahead of time).  Only 39 days!

Edited by GRILL

The supposed "Leaked PC files" Also said there'd be a castle map we've yet to hear of. HA! I doubt that! 

It was in the files actually since I have seen it myself, but you shouldn't talk about stuff like that here.

• 3 weeks later...

I swear to god if I see a day one patch on this I am going to flip my sh*t.

Having a day 1 patch is not a bad thing in this instance.  The game is (presumably) well tuned, and the patch will fix any minor issues/fine polishing that they did not get to before it went gold.

I agree though that games that are NOT functional without a day 1 patch (looking at you Tony Hawk) are super lame.

Hell, it beats the gaming days of before Internet... when glitches were forever.

Every game has a day 1 patch, though they're never really that big (usually). Bugs/glitches always slip through development, they just can't be found until hundreds of thousands of people are playing the game. Plus, to me it shows that they're still actively looking into making the game run as smooth as possible even after it's gone gold. Yeah it sucks that we'll have to wait a little longer to play a game but unless your connection is horrendous it won't be long at all and you'll have a better gaming experience because of it.

• Moderators

Every game has a day 1 patch, though they're never really that big (usually). Bugs/glitches always slip through development, they just can't be found until hundreds of thousands of people are playing the game. Plus, to me it shows that they're still actively looking into making the game run as smooth as possible even after it's gone gold. Yeah it sucks that we'll have to wait a little longer to play a game but unless your connection is horrendous it won't be long at all and you'll have a better gaming experience because of it.

I was mainly refering to day one patches that are needed to fix a broken game.

Like Grill said BO III probably just needs a bit of tuning.

Delay your game when you know it is broken that is what I wanted to say and yes I know delaying a triple A game isn't a nice sight, but still.

Day one patches just grind my gears. :P

I was mainly refering to day one patches that are needed to fix a broken game.

Like Grill said BO III probably just needs a bit of tuning.

Delay your game when you know it is broken that is what I wanted to say and yes I know delaying a triple A game isn't a nice sight, but still.

Day one patches just grind my gears. :P

Nah I get that, delays suck too but I'll take them over a broken game. Unfortunately that's not always how it works out.

I actually don't care. As I have a 8:00am class that friday. I plan to wake up, check to see how if there is one, then start downloading. 

I would stay up til midnight for the release but our scedule depicts I'll have a test that day, and sadly school comes before gaming. I'll be able to play after from 9:20ish to 10:45, then after some point between 11:30 and 12 I'll be able to play again ALL DAY and then the fallowing weekend as well. 

If I get to play at all upon release day.

Yeah @Lenne that was my point, games that are essentially broken without a day 1 patch are not cool, and make the whole concept of the day 1 patch seem like its a method for the devs to procrastinate.

Day 1 patch is something that should be expected, but a broken game? Not so much.

@Slade I couldn't even get local split screen campaign to work on MCC. What a total mess, huh? Traded that shit in for DAI like a week later.

Edited by GRILL

Yeah @Lenne that was my point, games that are essentially broken without a day 1 patch are not cool, and make the whole concept of the day 1 patch seem like its a method for the devs to procrastinate.

Day 1 patch is something that should be expected, but a broken game? Not so much.

@Slade I couldn't even get local split screen campaign to work on MCC. What a total mess, huh? Traded that shit in for DAI like a week later.

Why would they have a day 1 patch and not just, you know release the game with it working and not needing a patch for a while? Sorry if it seems like I am asking as if you know, its just day 1 patches kinda bug me.