Why don't posts count in Zombie Labs?

Question

I post in Zombie Labs a lot, I love making map ideas because they are fun to do. It takes a long time to do them though so its not like I can pump them out like the snap of a finger, much like anyone who posts in Zombie Labs. What I don't understand is why posts don't count in that section. Its a section I am avidly a part of because any zombie idea is something I take interest in, but its the only place I can see at the moment (apart from Games Center, which is obvious as to why) that posts don't count. It's not a huge deal but I just don't understand why its like that.

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

15 answers to this question

I don't get it? Smith posts in there a lot, not his fault he has good ideas. Thats not that fair to say somebody who has good ideas shouldn't just have a small post counter go up once for his contributions. Its not like any of those posts were posted on the same day either.

Nobodies around to post at the moment though. The same 3 people are posting in the BO3 sections so why aren't those posts disabled? Its not like we post for post pumping, as I said all the stuff we post in their is contributing its not like we are commenting with gibberish.

Can't we just get rid of Labs altogether? These concepts threads have all turned out to be just an excuse to post pump the living shit out of your total and get to the top tier zombification in like a day.

No they haven't. I spend months making my map ideas and have never once used it for post pumping, thats a completely unfair thing to say.

• Moderators

Can't we just get rid of Labs altogether? These concepts threads have all turned out to be just an excuse to post pump the living shit out of your total and get to the top tier zombification in like a day.

Sarcasm?

Come on, Tasha.

It is not like it doesn't take time to create these threads so I wouldn't consider them to be an excuse for post pumping.

Getting rid of the post increasing I can kinda get that, but geting rid of it all together is not a good idea.

It doesn't make sense to get rid of post increasing either though, which is what this whole thread is about. Its not as if people just post random stuff with barely comprehensible Englishsh. I spend months making stuff for zombie labs so its not as if i just pump it out after an hours work.

The lack of post count was not to deter from writing map concepts.  

The original reason for having posts not count there ties into the "prestige/userbar" system we have.  We felt that because since prestige is linked with post count, that we should only make posts count where the majority of users communicate.

its no secret that zombie labs is home to a handful of passionate users, but to us - regardless of how you split it, 3 or 4 people shouldn't be able to climb the prestige ranks without interacting with the rest of the community. I'm generalizing here, but I hope you get what I'm saying.

I believe we left "likes" so you could show your support of the map ideas.

But 3 or 4 people aren't doing that. People don't post there as often as your making out, I haven't posted something there in a long time because I am still working on stuff. You could apply the same logic to any section though, I don't see why zombie labs is suffering. Its just being assumed that its being used for post pumping which I can't see any evidence for me doing.