Different universe?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope they are in the story. MotD is in a different cycle that somehow overlaps the one the rest of the story is in. Shadows of Evil is probably going to be the bridge for that map to be honest so it connects to the story since it is more connected to the main story than people thing.

Honestly we are not quite sure yet. But after doing some research a month ago I personally believe that Motd takes place before samantha gained control and it's in a natural state ( 1930's) and Shadows of evil takes place sometime after samantha gains control of the MPD and samantha has more power than whatever is in the MPD [ 1940'S ] because of the eye colors and the time periods it would fit perfectly although for now we are waiting to see if treyarch is actually going that route

I feel as if they do in fact take place in the same timeline, they just simply happen before Samantha is in control, as stated above. And the controller/announcer is the "greater evil" Samantha spoke of during Moon. What's interesting is how the radio from MotD indicates the inmates just disappeared and there was no sign of any kind of zombie attack leading to the idea that many of these events take place in some sort of pocket of time, maybe not necessarily in an alternate dimension or reality, that still exists outside of the normal one somehow.

This is most strongly supported by Der Riese, and the fact that the clock kept resetting every 15 seconds (I believe that was the span of time, I don't exactly remember). This is also showed off significantly in the trailer for The Giant. Another interesting observation is the fact that the Origins crew doesn't show up until after the clock freezes/resets. This tells me that they didn't actually time travel but rather were simply transported to this particular pocket of time. Given how time does not function the same in the Aether with the controller being able to view several different points of time at once, Samantha (or whomever) simply moved them from the Crazy place in Origins to this bubble, which could have existed parallel to it like a parallel dimension.

Just thinking about this makes my brain hurt. 

Edited by Kill_All_Monkeys
  • Administrators

I feel as if they do in fact take place in the same timeline, they just simply happen before Samantha is in control, as stated above. And the controller/announcer is the "greater evil" Samantha spoke of during Moon. What's interesting is how the radio from MotD indicates the inmates just disappeared and there was no sign of any kind of zombie attack leading to the idea that many of these events take place in some sort of pocket of time, maybe not necessarily in an alternate dimension or reality, that still exists outside of the normal one somehow.

This is most strongly supported by Der Riese, and the fact that the clock kept resetting every 15 seconds (I believe that was the span of time, I don't exactly remember). This is also showed off significantly in the trailer for The Giant. Another interesting observation is the fact that the Origins crew doesn't show up until after the clock freezes/resets. This tells me that they didn't actually time travel but rather were simply transported to this particular pocket of time. Given how time does not function the same in the Aether with the controller being able to view several different points of time at once, Samantha (or whomever) simply moved them from the Crazy place in Origins to this bubble, which could have existed parallel to it like a parallel dimension.

Brains to you. I hope your head feels better because it just cranked out a good ol' fashioned, reinforced Zombies universe theory. Congrats. Very well put.

P.S. the time is between 19.7-20 seconds. I have more coming on that in the future. 

P.S.S. Holy toledo...your pocket in time theory veritably answers the question of how there were two Richtofens in the same room at once. I'll discuss that further in the 20-Second Discourse, and will make sure to acknowledge your work!

@Kill_All_Monkeys Just realized that I had left the "y" off "your pocket in time theory" and it appeared that I said "our pocket in time theory" like I was making a claim! lol! I case you noticed, resolved.

Edited by NaBrZHunter

Brains to you. I hope your head feels better because it just cranked out a good ol' fashioned, reinforced Zombies universe theory. Congrats. Very well put.

P.S. the time is between 19.7-20 seconds. I have more coming on that in the future. 

P.S.S. Holy toledo...our pocket in time theory veritably answers the question of how there were two Richtofens in the same room at once. I'll discuss that further in the 20-Second Discourse, and will make sure to acknowledge your work!

You can have 100 Richtofens in a room at once. There would be a problem if the older version killed his past self, but two Richtofens in the same room is nothing really.

• Administrators

P.S.S. Holy toledo...our pocket in time theory veritably answers the question of how there were two Richtofens in the same room at once. I'll discuss that further in the 20-Second Discourse, and will make sure to acknowledge your work!

You can have 100 Richtofens in a room at once. There would be a problem if the older version killed his past self, but two Richtofens in the same room is nothing really.

To satisfy the grandfather paradox, yes. I was referring to the Principal of Mass Conversion-matter can neither be created nor destroyed.

To satisfy the grandfather paradox, yes. I was referring to the Principal of Mass Conversion-matter can neither be created nor destroyed.

What is that? I couldn't find anything when I just searched for it.

• Administrators

What is that? I couldn't find anything when I just searched for it.

Agh, brain fart. the Principal of Mass Conservation. I'm half awake and trying to work. lol

"nikolai Nikolai Nikolai why do I keep hearing that name" is a quote from Arlington after getting ray-gun kills in MOTD. 

SOE has been confirmed to be linked to MOTD, presumably because both maps are LIKELY to take place in Hell/Purgatory. 

People are twisting their words. They said that its connected to the regular story too, since they both are in the story I don't see why people are leaving out the connection to the rest of the story.

Gona be honest, I'm drunk, and I  can't comprehend what you just said...

What I am saying is Shadows of Evil isn't just connected to Mob of the Dead. It is just as connected to the normal story as say Call of the Dead was. Its like people are treating MotD and SoE as separate entities to the rest of the story.

I think MOTD was sort of a way for use to grasp the concept of other worlds. Like how Origin's world is set in a different realm, but is still relevant to the story. I think SOE will be set in the lovecraft's version of hell, while MOTD is more of a catholic hell, or at least purgatory.

Mob of the Dead was used so people understanded the time loop concept and it was used to show what happened before Sam existed. Also Origins is more than relevant to the story.

Well... No because Origins Proves Sam existed before MOTD.

Nope. She left Agartha at the end of Origins, so she was no longer in control. Even so when the loop goes around and Sam does not intervene with Origins, zombies would not be controlled by her until she gets too the moon. She obviously existed but she would barely have just been born since she is around 10 at the time of the Der Riese radios. You should think about how time travel works more.

I believe Sam went back in time to Origins as a last ditch effort once the O4 got to the Moon in the first BO, or very shortly before they arrived. I now firmly believe (not confirmed, just my opinion based on everything we know so far) Origins does in fact take place within the main timeline. I'm starting to come up with an idea on how Maxis' presence in Origins and then subsequent maps many years later still alive and with a body, until he arrives on the Moon, but it's only an idea at this point.

I believe in my latest idea:  that the normal events transpired, resulting in the maxis or Richtofen ending, then Samantha entered an alternate world, world B and recruited Richtofen, Tank, Nikolai, and Takeo in younger form to help. She then entered world C which is identical of world A, but this time she intervenes and sends in the YO4, where Richthofen B kills Richthofen C. 

MOTD takes place in neither world A,B,or C. It takes place in world 0 AKA Hell. Where everything that dies goes. Everything that exists in any timeline will eventually die and end up in here, EXCEPT aetherial beings (maxis, richtofen, and samantha) this realm is controlled by a great evil that demands order. In laymans terms, there's so-posed to be X amount of prisoners, and not a single extra, or less. As shown in great detail with Brock and Gary in Shangri-la. However I think THIS is the issue: 

These worlds arn't co-existing at the same time, it's a constant flow forward and process of matter convergence. The world will always be destroyed, and born again, those who deviate from the path are subject to the wrath of the great evil. World AX went smoothly over and over and over again, UNTIL, We reached World AY, where instead of maxis winning, and richtofen, him, and samantha stay OUT of the death equation, RICHTOFEN wins and KILLS maxis. 

Now we have a problem. For one, there's one too many prisoners in the great evil's cells: Maxis, who should have lived through to see the rebirth of the new world. But also, the world didn't end properly. Instead of maxis destroying the earth, like he was meant to, SO many rips in time are now unsolved because richtofen is in power, and everyone's going back to their death-cells at the wrong times. The world, eventually, ends again and thus we see the birth of the new universe: Universe B.

Universe B is an echo of the error in time and space, here, maxis dies early, however this can't happen, and thus we reach Universe BX, where no matter how many times, the great evil is unsatisfied because there's STILL an extra maxis in his cells. Unlike universe A though, this universe continues on the same track (like a broken record) over and over the same way, to the point where timelines begin to cross over and be remembered by certain people. Furthermore, there are forces that signify that this loop has been continuous for a while, like how the ancients succumbed to the zombie plague at the hand of the ancient forces. Then we have the white light zombie eyes. I think these are actually the weasel. Because there is no room for maxis, another soul must be purged to fit the equasion: In this case, it's weasel. He's then sent (or freed) to the aether with no knowlege of what he's become by the being. Or he tries to. In the normal round of purgatory, the weasel finds out they're all dead, and is killed by the other 3, causing the universe to repeat irregularly. However, eventually the weasel manages to kill the other 3, and breaks free: thus sending him to the aether, where he becomes the white eyed zombies, and the collective consciousnesses which are shattered from years of repetition, to the point they beleive they are children playing a game. The weasel was never meant to control the zombies and does so weakly. However Samantha and Richtofen can control the universe through the power he was meant to wield. 

Meanwhile Universe BX continued over and over, until the sentient consciousness that were samantha, richtofen, and maxis form together in the aether in what they perceive to be their own home town, where maxis is sam's dad, and richtofen is samantha's friend. Here, they begin to manipulate the currently existing world, throught the white-eyed zombies (weasel controlled) eventually forging World B-Y, where maxis LIVES. With maxis out of the equation, the world subsides to its normal routine, because remember: The O4 become lost in argartha, (what I perceive to be the aether, but for physical beings) and thus it's OK for them to get taken into argartha early this time.

World C1 is devoid of all influence from the collective consciousnesses from world BX and B-Y. However, an extra takeo, nikolai, and Tank have been dumped in this world. Because of this there can be no solace. There will still be an extra 3 persons in the great evil's cells now if either of them die. Even if richtofen was to become aetherial twice. Or take the 7 remaining into argartha. There'd only be a train-wreak of damage.  

Now we're here. 

Richtofen B has killed Richtofen C1. And regardless of what happens when the world is reset into motion again, there will be issues. Issues that I THINK will be met in the Giant map, where as the repercussion of THOSE actions would result in what I'd be led to believe, the anomalies in Shadows of Evil. 

With that being said, SOE is just like MOTD, because the person who escapes in that map will become the key to allowing the cycle to iron it's self out. Furthermore the giant is simply the observation of what world C1 is, and what happens in C1 will spark what happens in C2, and C3, and so on through CX, all the way until the true ending of SOE is sparked, resulting in universe CY, which will lead into either MORE universe CY in DLC or Universe D in the next DLC. 

That's my theory BTW. 

Thats a really complicated way of looking at something that could be explained so easily. As in Origins just happens two ways, one where Samantha never went to Origins the O4 met, parted ways, Maxis lived and Richtofen started to first find traces of insanity and being a selfish guy leading him to use the staffs in 935 to make the wunder weapons or Sam goes to Origins and Maxis is driven insane, killing him and turning Richtofen into a hero who can fix the story. There is also a letter from the field which is interesting because if you read it, it could be read from two people since its not signed by a name and it coudl suggest either Maxis or Richtofen going insane.

Well that's not my theory. 

My theory makes a lot of sense to me. 

So you ignore a simple explanation and in turn have a really complicated one with different worlds labelled as different thins equivalent to Marvel and DC?