NUK3TOWN PREORDER BONUS MAP

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

i hate nuketown.  RIP map voting

Hey hey...I rig the votes by getting a party of 5. Nuketown all day until the map is no longer an option. ;)

Since Nuketown is the running theme for everything MP remakes, I could easily foresee another Firing Range map. Treyarch was wise to listen to their fans when they added Studio, and it's still one of the most-favorited maps of all time. Personally, I would absolutely die for a remake of it again.

(It totally has nothing to do with it being the only map I can actually do good on.)

Edited by InfestLithium

i hate nuketown.  RIP map voting

Hey hey...I rig the votes by getting a party of 5. Nuketown all day until the map is no longer an option. ;)

Since Nuketown is the running theme for everything MP remakes, I could easily foresee another Firing Range map. Treyarch was wise to listen to their fans when they added Studio, and it's still one of the most-favorited maps of all time. Personally, I would absolutely die for a remake of it again.

(It totally has nothing to do with it being the only map I can actually do good on.)

I like it for the same reasons :P

• Moderators

As someone who loves Nuketown zombies with a passion I do not understand why some of you guys get into a thread about the third mp Nuketown map and give out jabs at NTZ.

Maybe because you are just scrubby noobs if Juggernog isn't the first, second or third perk that drops. 

@GRILL @Nightmare Voyager @TimelordAlex 

#shotsfired #comeatmebros #wannafightmeIRL? 

Just kidding.

Seriously though. 

This fan favourite BS needs to stop, because for the most part the CoD fans have a terrible taste.

while the perk system is no doubt retarded, that alone is not why i hate the map, in pre-release interviews to BO2 they said they'd expand upon the original map, open up the houses and fallout shelter etc and this got me excited so i bought the HE just for it, only to play it and see we got a rushed piece of shit with the map being smaller than the MP variant. Along with the map only having the stock perks despite there being 10 spawns for perks and the lack of a WW, all of this just made me despise the map, nowadays i dont loathe it AS much, not since they added the Mk 2 which made things a little more fun, but i still stand by on it being a complete disappointment for some players, which is why im still skeptical about the giant given it is a bonus map, but in this case at least i know roughly what we're getting and they are spending some time on it

while the perk system is no doubt retarded, that alone is not why i hate the map, in pre-release interviews to BO2 they said they'd expand upon the original map, open up the houses and fallout shelter etc and this got me excited so i bought the HE just for it, only to play it and see we got a rushed piece of shit with the map being smaller than the MP variant. Along with the map only having the stock perks despite there being 10 spawns for perks and the lack of a WW, all of this just made me despise the map, nowadays i dont loathe it AS much, not since they added the Mk 2 which made things a little more fun, but i still stand by on it being a complete disappointment for some players, which is why im still skeptical about the giant given it is a bonus map, but in this case at least i know roughly what we're getting and they are spending some time on it

They really said that? I hate the map but the fact they said that and didn't do it makes me really hate the map more. It's like with the start of BO2 they made up everything that was going to be in zombies.

As someone who loves Nuketown zombies with a passion I do not understand why some of you guys get into a thread about the third mp Nuketown map and give out jabs at NTZ.

Maybe because you are just scrubby noobs if Juggernog isn't the first, second or third perk that drops. 

@GRILL @Nightmare Voyager @TimelordAlex 

#shotsfired #comeatmebros #wannafightmeIRL? 

Just kidding.

Seriously though. 

This fan favourite BS needs to stop, because for the most part the CoD fans have a terrible taste.

This is so so true.  Plus, what if they had been so busy reimagining the faavorite maps from WaW that they scrapped nuketown?

All the map remakes are doing are preventing us from getting our new favorite map

3arc never said that nuketown would be expanded upon (I.e. The famed "underground" section) for zombies, that was a rumor/fake leak in the BO2 build up. 

@Lenne I disliked NTZ at the time partially because it didn't feel like a full fledged offering. TranZit was awful, and I did not like th split up half assed survival areas. NTZ is yet another small survival area that had an extremely limited ee & seemingly slapped together cannon.

but yeah, not getting jugg within 3 drops is a game killer too lol

it was on par with a custom map - except I think custom map makers are way more creative.

3arc never said that nuketown would be expanded upon (I.e. The famed "underground" section) for zombies, that was a rumor/fake leak in the BO2 build up. 

@Lenne I disliked NTZ at the time partially because it didn't feel like a full fledged offering. TranZit was awful, and I did not like th split up half assed survival areas. NTZ is yet another small survival area that had an extremely limited ee & seemingly slapped together cannon.

it was on par with a custom map - except I think custom map makers are way more creative.

well im going by what i read in interviews.

Well there is a custom map on its way for WaW, which will bring the Nuketown we deserved, it looks bang on like the BO2 version, but this one will be expanded like promised: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,6064.0.html

well im going by what i read in interviews.

Well there is a custom map on its way for WaW, which will bring the Nuketown we deserved, it looks bang on like the BO2 version, but this one will be expanded like promised: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,6064.0.html

It looks good and all but my main concern is that theres an area ripped straight from FIVE.

You cannot 'rip' areas from official maps to custom maps, you can recreate of course but hes not doing that (well i suppose he is actually if hes doing a Nuketown map), those sections are inspired by Fives labatories though. Area 51 is a secret place with all sorts. Underneath this Nuketown there could be all sorts going on.

Edited by TimelordAlex

I don't hate Nuketown Z but I was just a little disappointed with it. I was just expecting more perks and some more story related stuff for it. But I do appreciate what it had though. The Round 25 switch from Samantha to Richtofen is great. The TranZit and Moon references. The M27 (I think it's the only map that has it?). 3 Easter Egg songs. The clock/power up egg song took a while to discover which I love. And of course the giant mushroom cloud just looks amazing.

Someone from Treyarch definitely did say it. I specifically remember reading an interview by a dev regarding it and even linked it on this very forum during a discussion with MMX who also doubted it many months ago. The interviewer asked how they would port over the fan favorite MP map to adapt into becoming a zombie map and they said that obviously due to it's small size that they would be looking to expand it somewhat, and maybe feature an underground section or expansion to Trinity Avenue. It was not rumor as I proved by spending hours upon hours searching for that interview just to prove it to MMX.

They may have changed their plans due to time constraints or the interview was done early in the maps development but released later after it was officially announced but that does not take away from the fact that they did say the plan was to make it bigger in scale to adapt more to the zombie mode.

Edited by DeathBringerZen

It seems like time was a factor in many of the things that crippled the overall experience of zombies in black ops 2. I assume that they would be plagued with a very different set of issues at this point, given the extra year to produce content met with the result of blops 2 sales (not to mention Ghost and AW "Tanking", you'd have to assume the house is going to bet on its heaviest hitter with those projections coming true).With logically a handful more sets on hands available for this next installment, the biggest hurdle I would assume would be an appropriate way to tie the storyline together so as to not alienate the fanbase (again). 

I remember there being an ongoing discussion in several games of Tranzit having an area under the corn fields - DBZ do you remember if there was there any validity to that or was that one more just YT and boredom?

I remember there being an ongoing discussion in several games of Tranzit having an area under the corn fields - DBZ do you remember if there was there any validity to that or was that one more just YT and boredom?

The underground area in the cornfield was actually a misquote from the Reza Elghazi interview. You know... the one which also had the Tranzit "endgame" quote as well. lol

Basically I think Reza wasn't completely clear on the layout or plans for Tranzit when he did that interview and the underground area in the cornfield is actually the lab at power. This can be proven as you can no clip under the cornfield area and there is nothing at all. Yes, areas can load into blank areas but there is usually at least a few stray models still visible and unfortunately there is nothing under the corn fields at all.

As for the "endgame" thing... I think that was just an idea they had floating around the office, no doubt inspired by the custom mapping scenes buyable ending system. They probably thought early in development they wanted to try it out but ended up saving it for MotD and Origins as it would go against the idea for the N4 characters storyline to end a map and win.

Reza even tweeted out months after BO2 came out that if there was any other secrets still to be found relating to a major EE then sworn to secrecy or not, someone would eventually spill the beans which to me confirms that all major quest related EE's have been found already and any undiscovered eggs are minor and probably only references to things the dev's would probably get.

This whole "lets pick a favorite and give it a new coat of paint then sell it again" idea is getting old. Half of the last map pack of BO II was nothing but re-imagined layouts of "fan favorite" maps from the Black ops before that. Instead of being lazy, just make more small maps. Nuketown is cool and all for a fast-paced chaotic game, but it's now being done for the THIRD time over.

This whole "lets pick a favorite and give it a new coat of paint then sell it again" idea is getting old. Half of the last map pack of BO II was nothing but re-imagined layouts of "fan favorite" maps from the Black ops before that. Instead of being lazy, just make more small maps. Nuketown is cool and all for a fast-paced chaotic game, but it's now being done for the THIRD time over.

At least it wasn't like Ghosts, how many Domes? Four or five including an exclusive one? But only one was branded as a remake. Its getting ridiculous though, why cant they leave some maps to rest and remake them in a few games instead of the next game or every game over and over?

I can see Nuketown always being in a Black Ops game. Beyond that, it doesn't need to return. The difference with Nuketown when they bring it back is that it still is the same map just with newer textures to fit the time period of the game. Hence why it was free. But the other remakes in BO2, were technically new maps but with a layout we are familiar with.

Studio was the same map really just retextured, from the sounds and looks of this Nuk3town will be a lot different compared to what it was. I don't know if thats a good or bad thing.