What evidence is there to support TranZit being in the 1960's and/or 2025?

Rissole25

I'm just looking to see what evidence there is that supports both sides. I'm not disproving either side, but I just want to see what supports TranZit being in the 1960's, and what supports TranZit being in 2025.

1960's

• We hear the TranZit bus and Marlton in Nuketown Zombies, which supposedly takes place after the Nuketown multiplayer map, which takes place in the 60's.
  • Richtofen says he is just getting used to the Aether.
  • TranZit itself has a 50's/60's theme going on.

• When Russman is fired from Broken Arrow, he is standing in the middle of a modern street, before TranZit.
  • Die Rise wouldn't exist if the earth blew up in the 60's.
  • Marlton has knowledge of modern/futuristic BO2 weapons. (example: "First manufactured towards the end of the 20th century, but a fine piece of weaponry by any measures." Barrett M82A1)
  • Maxis says he has been searching for decades. (unused line, so it may not count)
  • Bus Driver is advanced, somewhat knows what is happening around him (bridge falling, etc). Seems to be able to travel to locations around the world.

Possibly relevant

• Misty possibly related to Dempsey, due to quotes and similarities.
  • It seems like Russman raised Samuel at some time (not sure if that's before or after the rockets).
  • Groom Lake (Nuketown) is listed as a location for the Bus Driver, which means the horn is there for a reason.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Russman gets fired from Broken Arrow he's standing in the middle of a modern street, prior to the events of Transhit.

If the earth was blown up in the 60's then the whole of Die Rise shouldn't exist. inb4 time pockets bubbles 115 shit.

Tranzit is in the 21st century because Die Rise is around 2025 and Marlton knows modern weapons. In Die Rise, Maxis hasn't problems to talk to us because there is less interference in China's high buildings. And Marlton would have had a time travel after Nuketown.

Tranzit is in the 20th century because Nuketown is in the 60s and the age of Misty would consistent with his supposedly real father, Dempsey. In Die Rise, Maxis hasn't problems to talk to us because there is less interference a half century later. And there would have been a time travel after Tranzit.

In both cases, civilization has not disappeared after Big Bang Theory. Unless if Nuketown Zombies is in 21st century and therefore under no circumstances the result of Nuketown in Black Ops.

Evidence for TranZit being in the 60's:

* The TranZit bus being heard at Round 4 on Nuketown Zombies.

* If Nuketown is linked, the map we play on is the destroyed version of Nuketown from Black Ops 1, which was set in the 1960's.

Evidence for TranZit being in 2025:

* The Driver is way to advanced for 1960's technology.

* The weapons we use are from the "future" era of the Black Ops 2 campaign, in both Nuketown and TranZit.

* If Nuketown is linked, the map we play on is the destroyed version of Nuketown from Black Ops 1, which was set in the 1960's.

* The Driver is way to advanced for 1960's technology.

* The weapons we use are from the "future" era of the Black Ops 2 campaign, in both Nuketown and TranZit.

Both the 2025 ones can be debunked because The Driver could be created in the 1960's by the government and also he makes a quote about the bus being able to be repaired 123 years in the future, possible where he was taken from. The box takes weapons from time as well.

But everyone ignores that the map even looks like its in the 60's. I just think 3arch are getting lazy with continuity and its confusing when things are set. I don't understand why they can't just have a date for when maps are set, it would make figuring out the story so much easier but now its becoming difficult to establish when events are.

I am not exactly sure when Tranzit takes place and I don't believe the developers do either due to numerous contradictions. For example, The map looks like it is actually set in the 50's, not the 60's and The Driver even sounds like a stereotypical 50's radio voice actor. He may also be advanced for his time but if you look at the technology and engineering used to make him it looks dated. Even the Sedan billboard, the bus, posters around the map etc all remembled those of a 1950's environment.

The TV in the farm also has voice actors who all sound like they are from a 50's movie or radio programme. Again, I believe that was intentional to fit the theme of the map. The old fashioned music on the loading screen as well as the 50's style images all kind of make it seem more than likely that the map is definitely set in the early 60's but then Die Rise came along and screwed all of that up and the communities answer to this was to claim Tranzit was a fake town built to resemble a 50's style. Something I personally disagree with.

The reason why I doubt the Devs had a proper picture of the timeframe is simply because they intentionally tried to make Tranzit a 50/60's themed map then screwed it all up with Die Rise and then later Buried. Partly the reason why I really despise the storyline in BO2 and don't like even wasting much time on working things out that are impossible without adding stupid time bubble garbage into it, which is possible but ruins a once great storyline for me unfortunately.

Alright I updated the OP, let me know if anything is wrong with it or have more to add.

Seems like the biggest thing going for the 60's one is the Marlton/Nuketown connection. If that wasn't there I would be fully behind 2025. For TranZit's theme, I do believe it's just an attraction done in a 50's/60's style. You pay, explore the place, there's even little postcards advertising the different places.

It would just be so much easier if they'd come out and say when the rockets hitting earth occured though.

* The Driver is way to advanced for 1960's technology.

The weapons are irrelevant. It is clearly stated in Origins that the Box has Temporal properties which allow it to bring forth weapons from the past, present and Future. The fact that most of the weapons are 2025 weapons is just because it is black ops 2 and treyarch wouldn't create 30 new models for guns just in Zombies

Evidence

The License plates in Tranzit say 1960's Which confirms that the Missiles hit in the 1960's. This also confirms that Moon and Nuketown take place in 1960's. 

there are cars in the mist away from the main areas = This means that those cars from the 1960's were being used when the missiles hit. If this really were a tourist attraction why would they put Cars in the middle of nowhere. Also why would those cars be abandoned as if people were trying to escape or got lost in the fog?

Since the evidence points that the missiles hit in the 1960's it can be safe to assume that it would be impossible for the citizens of earth to gather up enough resources given the amount of time it took for the earth to be completely destroyed. it took like, 30 seconds for the entire world to be covered in fire and ashes and zombies. ( Note: not usr eif it was exacly 30 seconds but the missiles were strong enough to crack the entire world in a single massive explosion ) to survive 65 years and advance their weapons enough to reach 2025 standards. This further supports that the weapons are merely temporal displacements within the world. 

What a lot of people do not understand about BO2 is well is that the apocalypse had already started before the rockets hit. The rockets did not have 115, they were just rockets which caused the apocalypse and killed everyone so that they came back and the world got in even more mayhem, it also may have unearthed a large amount of 115 which is what I always assumed it would do. Anyways that would mean that the mystery box would exist on Earth in some places or even wall weapons would because that is how this weird zombie apocalypse works. I do not think it is too far out of the question for Marlton to have been a scientist who worked on many strange things, such as the mystery box, meaning he could understand weapons both from the future and from the past.

As for Die Rise, theres a building that could be from any time in the future, I have no doubt in my mind that time is completely collapsing in on itself because of a massive paradox. We are alive in 2015 but the Earth did not explode in the 60's, not that I remember, so thats a paradox and its causing time to come to a hault. This means time is converging in on itself and is making things happen such as buildings that don't exist yet appearing and a western town coming to the future in Africa. That was a mouthful and I can't think of anything I missed out but essentially... yeah its in the 60's.

What a lot of people do not understand about BO2 is well is that the apocalypse had already started before the rockets hit. The rockets did not have 115, they were just rockets which caused the apocalypse and killed everyone so that they came back and the world got in even more mayhem

I don't know about the apocalypse already being in-progress prior to Moon. I'm pretty sure the apocalypse didn't begin until the rockets hit Earth, but I thought it was a well-known fact that the Moon rockets did contain 115?20120119155637!Ascension_Loading_Screen.

From what I know, these rockets are supposed to be the same ones from Moon. If you look at the shadows of each rocket too, you can make out 115.

What a lot of people do not understand about BO2 is well is that the apocalypse had already started before the rockets hit. The rockets did not have 115, they were just rockets which caused the apocalypse and killed everyone so that they came back and the world got in even more mayhem

I don't know about the apocalypse already being in-progress prior to Moon. I'm pretty sure the apocalypse didn't begin until the rockets hit Earth, but I thought it was a well-known fact that the Moon rockets did contain 115?20120119155637!Ascension_Loading_Screen.

From what I know, these rockets are supposed to be the same ones from Moon. If you look at the shadows of each rocket too, you can make out 115.

I think the 115 means thats what their purpose is, to unearth 115. How can you even put 115 in a rocket? Its not well known its just something someone said once that the community has taken with fact without any real evidence. It makes much more sense for the rockets to have unearthed 115 in the ground since they were sent to specific locations. Also the apocalypse had to have already began at least a few days prior because of the amount of outbreaks that had happened in the 60's already like in Nuketown and in Area 51, it makes sense zombies existed already as well because of the Flesh. We never see them in map because they are dead already, Samuel was a part of it before he met Russman and before the rockets hit if you work out the timeline.

I think the 115 means thats what their purpose is, to unearth 115. How can you even put 115 in a rocket? Its not well known its just something someone said once that the community has taken with fact without any real evidence.

The Rockets' purpose wasn't to unearth 115, 935 made specific drills for that seen in Nuketown and Origins. Maxis sent the rockets to earth to create the Rift, from where he could use the Aether's energy to reach Agartha and be reunited with his daughter. 

And the Flesh wasn't created until after the rockets hit and they were forced to eat the undead to stay alive.

I think the 115 means thats what their purpose is, to unearth 115. How can you even put 115 in a rocket? Its not well known its just something someone said once that the community has taken with fact without any real evidence.

The Rockets' purpose wasn't to unearth 115, 935 made specific drills for that seen in Nuketown and Origins. Maxis sent the rockets to earth to create the Rift, from where he could use the Aether's energy to reach Agartha and be reunited with his daughter. 

And the Flesh wasn't created until after the rockets hit and they were forced to eat the undead to stay alive.

I don't see any proof for the rockets creating the rift. The Rift exists because of a paradox being created by the Earth already being destroyed in the 60's, you can't just nuke Africa and create a time Rift. Anyways the extraction drills may not have even existed anymore when the rockets were sent. Also do you have any proof about the rockets already hitting when the Flesh existed? It doesn't make sense timeline wise and all it mentions is that zombies exist and they need to eat them to survive.

What a lot of people do not understand about BO2 is well is that the apocalypse had already started before the rockets hit. The rockets did not have 115, they were just rockets which caused the apocalypse and killed everyone so that they came back and the world got in even more mayhem, it also may have unearthed a large amount of 115 which is what I always assumed it would do. Anyways that would mean that the mystery box would exist on Earth in some places or even wall weapons would because that is how this weird zombie apocalypse works. I do not think it is too far out of the question for Marlton to have been a scientist who worked on many strange things, such as the mystery box, meaning he could understand weapons both from the future and from the past.

As for Die Rise, theres a building that could be from any time in the future, I have no doubt in my mind that time is completely collapsing in on itself because of a massive paradox. We are alive in 2015 but the Earth did not explode in the 60's, not that I remember, so thats a paradox and its causing time to come to a hault. This means time is converging in on itself and is making things happen such as buildings that don't exist yet appearing and a western town coming to the future in Africa. That was a mouthful and I can't think of anything I missed out but essentially... yeah its in the 60's.

Marlton Studying the Mystery Box. never heard that one before but I like the idea that he tried to understand it but failed because he didn't believe in Magic.

Marlton Studying the Mystery Box. never heard that one before but I like the idea that he tried to understand it but failed because he didn't believe in Magic.

Yeah I will be honest I thought of that while thinking about all of this stuff. It makes sense though I think since he understands future weapons but he seems like a 60's kind of guy.

I seriously doubt it's in the 60's, at least not anymore.

If we think back to the time frame of each map, we've only been moving forward in time.

CotD: around 2011

Shangri-La: late 2000's (I presume around 2011 or later)

Moon/Nuketown: unknown

Tranzit: unknown

Die Rise: presumably late 2000s (based off poster)

Buried: directly after Die Rise (presumably late 2000s)

We're always traveling forward in time, never backwards. The only maps we've gone back in time for are MotD and Origins, both of which were cycle ending maps that had an ending where the player is not killed.

I'm under the strong impression that the MTD was never capable of backwards time travel, only forward. And thus, Richtofen didn't travel back in time to Moon from Shangri La, but forward. Which would place Moon in the late 2000's at the earliest.

There's a lot of contrary evidence for when exactly Tranzit/Moon/NTZ takes place. Maybe Treyarch didn't have a clue what they were doing with the timeline, maybe there's a method to their madness. Who knows. For me I try to look at the bigger picture than all the contrary evidence.

Also, let's not forget about Marlton's calculator watch from the 1980's. I can't remember the exact year I'll have to look at my old threads. I could understand Marlton knowing about future weapons because he studied the mystery box. But I just don't see how a watch manufacturer was making watches in the 80's if the Earth was bombed in the 60's.

There's a lot of contrary evidence for when exactly Tranzit/Moon/NTZ takes place. Maybe Treyarch didn't have a clue what they were doing with the timeline, maybe there's a method to their madness. Who knows. For me I try to look at the bigger picture than all the contrary evidence.

Although I am of the persuation that Tranzit was supposed to be set in the 60's the one key factor that rules this out is the Buried intro cutscene. From 0:51 in, we see Russman standing outside a modern looking building and a taxi passes him. This taxi is clearly a modern vehicle. This coupled with the Die Rise poster confirming that map is set sometime after 1996, this completely rules out Tranzit being set in the 60's, though only after their release. Prior to their release I am still of the persuation that Green Run was set in the 60's. I have heard one theory that suggested the town was a fake town built to cover up secret government experiments, hence the map name and various references but I didn't get why it had to have a 50's/60's theme going on and not a modern theme.

For TranZit's theme, I do believe it's just an attraction done in a 50's/60's style. You pay, explore the place, there's even little postcards advertising the different places.

I cannot see it being an attraction seeing as the town is actually hinding secret facilities like in the power room where they are carrying out experiments. It is more likely a fake town to cover up the experiments they are carrying out. Still though, even if it was a 50's style attraction and that explained TEDD sounding like stereotypical 50's radio voice actor, that does not explain the people we hear on the TV in farm all sounding like they are from the 50's.This is why I am still of the persuation that Tranzit was supposed to be set in the 60's and they changed it or didn't even care about the differences. The poster in Die Rise does say 'since 1996', but I was told by someone a few months back that the same poster is either in the campaign or a MP map so it could just be a reused texture added to Die Rise without the devs taking it into account. Either way, the Buried cutscene pretty much ends the discussion.

If we think back to the time frame of each map, we've only been moving forward in time.

We're always traveling forward in time, never backwards. The only maps we've gone back in time for are MotD and Origins, both of which were cycle ending maps that had an ending where the player is not killed.

I'm under the strong impression that the MTD was never capable of backwards time travel, only forward. And thus, Richtofen didn't travel back in time to Moon from Shangri La, but forward. Which would place Moon in the late 2000's at the earliest.

There have been several travel in the past like Kino Der Toten in 1968 and Ascension/Five in 1963.

• Administrators
There have been several travel in the past like Kino Der Toten in 1968 and Ascension/Five in 1963.

Kino der Toten has been theorized to have been set in an alternate reality. Because in that situation, it's the only instance where anyone in the Zombies universe has traveled back through time (and the MTD is only capable of traveling forward in time as far as we're concerned). The only way that backwards travel is possible is via Agartha. That being said, it's relatively safe to say that Kino occurs on a separate timeline.

As far as Tranzit is concerned, Green Run is nothing more than an abandoned town that worked well as a guise for top-secret government operations - namely, whatever project "Him" was involved in. TEDD was a transportation mechanism that would direct high-leveled government officials or persons with security clearance to particular locations under government operation (just listen to all the locations he lists out due to the GPS being broken). I mean, it's pretty smart to take an old, forgotten town not very close to modern civilization and begin research below a power facility.

The whole talk of the recordings sounding 50s-ish is not articulate enough. Keep in mind that Maxis is trying to communicate via whatever devices are around - specifically, old television sets, radios, whatever is still lying around in that deserted town. 

We traveled forward to 1968 Kino Der Toten from 1945 Der Riese, so we know that's forward time travel. No question. The questionable one is Ascension.

Ascension was always thought to take place in 1963, based solely on the red phones on the map that are connected to the characters from Five. But those "telephones" aren't what we think they are. I've been meaning to make a thread about this for a LONG time now, but I guess I'll just post it here.

The Moscow–Washington hotline (formally known in the United States as the Washington-Moscow Direct Communications Link[1]) is a system that allows direct communication between the leaders of the United States and Russia. This hotline was established in 1963 and links the Pentagon with the Kremlin (historically, with Soviet Communist Party leadership across the square from the Kremlin itself[1]).[2] Although in popular culture known as the "red telephone", the hotline was never a telephone line...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow–Washington_hotline

The "telephones" we hear in Ascension are not telephones at all, but actually recorded messages being sent from Russia to America via a secured hotline. It is not a live line.

The thought was always "Ascension happens the same time as Five because we can hear Five occuring at the same time on the red telephones. But what we're actually hearing is a recorded message from the Pentagon sent an undetermined time ago. It's plausible to think that the message we hear is the last message recorded from the Pentagon, before it was overrun with zombies in .

I know most people would disagree with this, but it's something to think about. You'll also notice during all of WAW, BO, and BO2, Richtofen never talks about going back in time, only forward. 

And sorry for going so far off topic on your thread Risk. Please don't hate me. 

Kino der Toten has been theorized to have been set in an alternate reality. Because in that situation, it's the only instance where anyone in the Zombies universe has traveled back through time (and the MTD is only capable of traveling forward in time as far as we're concerned). The only way that backwards travel is possible is via Agartha. That being said, it's relatively safe to say that Kino occurs on a separate timeline.

So the loading screen of Nacht Der Untoten, the easter egg of Shangri-La and the Time Bomb use Agartha...?

The whole talk of the recordings sounding 50s-ish is not articulate enough. Keep in mind that Maxis is trying to communicate via whatever devices are around - specifically, old television sets, radios, whatever is still lying around in that deserted town. 

I don't mean they messages sound old because they are played through old devices, I am saying they actually sound like messages from that era due to the way the actors talk. They specifically speak like they are from a previous era to our own. Listen to them and you will see what I mean rather than just claiming it is not articulate enough. It may just be to fit the theme of the map but it still supports the idea more.

Kino may have been theorized as being set in an alternative reality but that does not make it fact. It is also not something I agree with personally so I would not consider it safe to say that it occurs on a sperate timeline. What actual evidence is there to suggest this anyway? I could see that being the case with Five but that would mean Ascension would have to be set in this alternate timeline also. Either way, just because something is theorized does not suddenly mean it is factual and as this is once of the instances where time travel has went backward rather than forward I refuse to instantly dismiss it without seeing hard evidence to the contrary.

Archived