What makes you enjoy Die Rise?

Riddler

With the release of Black Ops 3 coming up in a few months time I've started playing Zombies again, all the maps from WaW, BOI and BOII. I love playing them all, yes, even TranZit (hell, sometimes I even enjoy a game on farm once in a while) so i'm not exactly fussy about the maps I like to play, except one - Die Rise.

I don't know exactly what it is, I don't know why but I just find this map so so boring and hate playing it, which is a shame when I enjoy every other map that treyarch has made.

Firstly I think its far too easy, you can get set up with the sliquifier and jug very quickly (even w/out using the bank) and that's ironic given most of the time spent is waiting for elevators. I find half of the map i don't even need to explore to be set up for a high round playthrough, specifically the area where whos who/speed cola spawns and the mystery box (with, since the sliquifier is buildable i find myself never using on this map).

The training spots are so easy to train in, unlike MoTD, Buried and origins where at least you have to be on the ball to make sure you don't get stuck in a corner or whatever, I feel on Die Rise its just so easy to train, specifically in the upside down china room. 

So, I want to ask what makes you enjoy this map? I want to actually enjoy playing it rather than using it as a map to easily and quickly build up points to store in the bank.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is just a good map if you don't want to spend so much time doing stuff and want to just play to play. Its also easy to have conversations on so thats why I like it. Also I never use the bank or fridge, apart from ee runs which im done with so that makes it funner.

I think Buried is far easier than Die rise. Someone described Die rise so perfectly, Tranzit is crap and so when we first met die rise, we thought it was really good, but thats just because Tranzit was SO bad, it hided how bad Die rise was too - as now you compare it to MOTD, Origins, Buried even, the map has nothing. I'm not even a huge fan of the Sliquifer, but i think the reason it was made easy to make was due to the fan feedback from the shit gun on Tranzit. The only thing it was missing was a PaP upgrade and if there was one, the upgrade would make one difference and that is the death effect spreads much faster to zombies bit like the Wunderwaffe. I dont think Die rise is bad, but isnt good either and just kinda falls into a forgettable map imo, theres nothing that makes the map so awesome , but nothing that makes it so bad, so theres nothing memorable in it.

It's an alright Solo map, but a terrible Co-Op map.

The problem really is fast access to the other building. Teleporters or Denizen portals would've been great for this map. If someone goes down in the other building, expect them to leave after they bleed out. There is just no fast easy way to get down to the bottom. Where the hell is Stamin-Up as well? I feel that perk along with Mule Kick should always be included in every zombie map as a staple, along with the WaW perks.

It's an alright Solo map, but a terrible Co-Op map.

The problem really is fast access to the other building. Teleporters or Denizen portals would've been great for this map. If someone goes down in the other building, expect them to leave after they bleed out. There is just no fast easy way to get down to the bottom. Where the hell is Stamin-Up as well? I feel that perk along with Mule Kick should always be included in every zombie map as a staple, along with the WaW perks.

I completely agree, I suppose the difficulty in reviving is why they introduced who's who but even so, weirdly I think there's a certain fun in having to revive your team-mates when they're down, it adds to the dynamic of playing co-op, with who's who on this map you may as well just be playing solo (even without it as there's no chance your gonna get to them in time anyway). I agree that Stamin-Up would make it a lot better, along with PhD flopper, and maybe having keys in all the rooms/locations with elevators in (like the one on the spawn elevator) so you can call them down to your location quicker.

With Stamin Up your more likely to just run off the edge of a building. PHD should've been in the map but no, they decided for the sake of a troll they would put it in the elevator shaft instead of making the map better. Does anyone actually use the elevator keys as a core mechanic of the map or is it just, if your there pick one up?

Why I love Die Rise:

1) The Sliquifier is my favorite wonder weapon of all-time. 

2) I very much enjoy camping strategies (I find it extremely fun and rewarding to hold down/defend a single position for as long as you possibly can) and Die Rise has several viable, high-round camping spots. Yes, Die Rise has two incredibly easy training spots, but it also affords us with some of the most viable camping in Zombies history (along with MOTD).

3) I love the concept of the dizzying, urban, commercial towers in the middle of a major city. 

4) The AN-94 and PDW are two of the greatest wall weapons of all-time and Die Rise introduced both of them. 

5) I love the map's overall scenery and visuals.

6) In general, I tend to prefer indoor maps with plenty of tight spaces, sharp turns, and narrow corridors. For this reason, two of my favorite maps of all time are Verruckt and Five. Die Rise tends to remind me of both (although, it is considerably easier than either one). 

Die Rise would come close to cracking my personal top 5 favorite zombies maps of all time. 

Edited by FabledVillain

FIVE is much better than Die Rise. Jimmy Z i remember was tweeted about the lack of perks on Die Rise and he said he didnt think Stamin-up was needed on the map (God i wish it was on MOTD, its absence in that bewilders me). I would love PHD on the map and it wouldnt exactly eliminate the threat of falling of the building. I think they should've put it in the map where its troll place currently is, but made a way to get it.

FIVE is much better than Die Rise. Jimmy Z i remember was tweeted about the lack of perks on Die Rise and he said he didnt think Stamin-up was needed on the map (God i wish it was on MOTD, its absence in that bewilders me). I would love PHD on the map and it wouldnt exactly eliminate the threat of falling of the building. I think they should've put it in the map where its troll place currently is, but made a way to get it.

FIVE is probably my second or third favorite Zombie map, ever. So, I can't disagree. But, Die Rise is probably my second favorite BO2 map. 

Edited by FabledVillain

Theres another reason i dislike Die rise and that is that it wasnt beta tested. The amount of downs i got from the map itself after release was a joke and a lot of it was not fixed till after MOTD had come out. They were very quick to fix the multiple sliquifier glitch - but that should've been the least of their worries, they needed to focus on the damn elevator shaft and the slide.

the slide.

Legit I was so afraid to go down it for a while because I was afraid it would ruin the game.

Also, elevator keys were so useless. If it legit had the elevator come to you in under 3 seconds, I could see more use for it. But as it is, you have to wait for it slowly. And than it only comes your level (which does make sense), but the reason most people call it is so they can get on it quickly.
Oh and lets not forget you have to drop a key if you want to pick up any other buildable piece. A fucking key. They all have pockets, where keys can easily rest and don't require the use of their hands -_-

Also, here's a reason I hate Who's Who. I just wish Tombstone and Who's Who had swapped places.

I wasn't going to comment because of this thread's title and my personal lukewarm feelings on the map, but since everyone else is commenting on what they don't like, I might as well add a few things about the map too.

First of all, the wall weapons. The wall weapons are good. Very good, in fact. So good, that it makes the box completely useless, especially if you're going for a high round, since the main wonder weapon of this map is buildable.

I do understand why they didn't add PhD Flopper to the map, though. It is OP with the Mustang and Sally's, but to combat this, they could've done something like raising it's point value. Or maybe decrease how effective it is, spalsh damage wise.

The buildables, once again, are in my opinion, tedious and frustrating to build them all. I think Mob of the Dead and Origins done buildables best. However, I do think the Trample Steam is pretty cool, though. It can get you out of some pretty tight spots.

Overall, I don't like this map, but I don't dislike it either. I wouldn't say it's a bad map, but it does get boring pretty quickly for me.

PHD can be OP with the M&S - but they are pretty much useless after round 30 imo and will just make crawlers and with the low ammo count, it doesnt help you. I did see the rumor of PHD returning in BO3 as a proper stock perk on map by default (all waw/bo1 perks basically) and that it will be more expensive because of no DtP, and so you instead slide to create the explosion

PHD can be OP with the M&S - but they are pretty much useless after round 30 imo and will just make crawlers and with the low ammo count, it doesnt help you. I did see the rumor of PHD returning in BO3 as a proper stock perk on map by default (all waw/bo1 perks basically) and that it will be more expensive because of no DtP, and so you instead slide to create the explosion

I'm pretty sure they do work up until the 50's. If someone could correct me if I'm wrong, that would be great.

The buildables, once again, are in my opinion, tedious and frustrating to build them all. I think Mob of the Dead and Origins done buildables best. However, I do think the Trample Steam is pretty cool, though. It can get you out of some pretty tight spots.

The thing is, there are only two buildables actually related to gameplay on Die Rise, and building the Trample Steam honestly isn't even necessary. All of the parts for the Sliquifier are confined to the bottom two floors of the tower with the power switch and it can all be done in round 1. I would argue that collecting all of the parts across MOTD and Origins (two enormous maps with multiple buildables in each one) is FAR more tedious than building the Sliquifier and/or trample steam.

The fact that both Origins and MOTD allow you to carry all of the parts for a given buildable at the same time is awesome, but I don't see how the busy work on Die Rise is anywhere near as tedious as the busy work on either of those two maps, overall. 

The thing is, there are only two buildables actually related to gameplay on Die Rise, and building the Trample Steam honestly isn't even necessary. All of the parts for the Sliquifier are confined to the bottom two floors of the tower with the power switch and it can all be done in round 1. I would argue that collecting all of the parts across MOTD and Origins (two enormous maps with multiple buildables in each one) is FAR more tedious than building the Sliquifier and/or trample steam.

The fact that both Origins and MOTD allow you to carry all of the parts for a given buildable at the same time is awesome, but I don't see how the busy work on Die Rise is anywhere near as tedious as the busy work on either of those two maps, overall. 

It's more about the idea in general of how buildables are done in the Zombie team created maps. Yes, Mob of the Dead and Origins are huge maps, but as you mentioned yourself, you can pick up all the parts in one go, and it saves you from running all the way back to the next part's location, and then back to the table, once again. I must say though, I thought there were more than two buildables on the map, but I guess that happens when you don't play a map for a long time.

It's more about the idea in general of how buildables are done in the Zombie team created maps. Yes, Mob of the Dead and Origins are huge maps, but as you mentioned yourself, you can pick up all the parts in one go, and it saves you from running all the way back to the next part's location, and then back to the table, once again. I must say though, I thought there were more than two buildables on the map, but I guess that happens when you don't play a map for a long time.

The third buildable is the Nav Card table. 

I definitely agree that the buildables were executed better in MOTD and Origins than they were in either Die Rise (or especially) Tranzit. But, the sheer amount of busy work in those two maps has always been a glaring negative, in my eyes. One reason I really love Die Rise is because it's a very good balance between a standard survival map that progresses fairly quickly and a map that affords players the opportunity to build some invaluable tools. Die Rise simply rewards zombie slayers with a significantly quicker, inordinately less tedious playthrough than does a map like Origins.

I personally feel that MOTD, and especially origins, went a bit overboard with the busy work. (I love both maps, but neither is in my top 5 mainly because of this flaw)

Edited by FabledVillain